LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderator Guidelines and Contributor Rules

Jason Carr

I have been adding Arcade 3D Boxes for over a week now using the plugin, trying to cover 3800 games. But an update to LaunchBox was released about 3 days ago and it seems from then on the plugin stopped adding a region to my 3D boxes. I know Jason has not minded 3D boxes not having a region before when I was adding my Wii U and 3DS 3D Boxes as back then the plugin didn't seem to ever add a region. Please tell me it's still OK as I have done M through to T and it has taken me three days and re-doing them would be maddening. the last few I'll be doing tomorrow with the region added as the plugin has started adding a region again. 

I noticed someone wanted to delete a game two times in a row without given reason and as far as I can tell there where no reasons to do so namely: Metal Slug for Neo Geo AES and 3D Pitfall 1995 (for msdos I believe) could there be something build in the moderation database to attent moderators extra when a game is asked to be deleted, i'm afraid some important games can be easily deleted like this, sometimes I notice I clicked accept to quickly when accepting many changes in a row, it becomes something you automatically click after a while in a short moment of not being concentrated very well. Or maybe there are already things build in that I'm not aware of? Your thoughts about this matter please.

I think at the very least a reason should be required for game deletion, and perhaps it should require like 5 instead of 3 approvals just to be safe.

If you've looked at the arcade platform you'll see that some of the games there have deletion disabled, and I think that we should have a way to do that for games that there is literally no reason to delete. Not sure what it should be, but yeah I'm afraid of that happening to some games.

• Like 1

Just came across these as well, didn't accept the deletions since no reason was given and neither of them are duplicates either. But like @Mr. RetroLust said, sometimes you go into auto mode where you just click accept before realizing that you might've made a mistake. 

1 hour ago, FistyDollars said:

If you've looked at the arcade platform you'll see that some of the games there have deletion disabled, and I think that we should have a way to do that for games that there is literally no reason to delete. Not sure what it should be, but yeah I'm afraid of that happening to some games.

I would like this as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, got a question, I was going to upload my Naomi 3D boxes,  found here: 

The Problem is a lot of Naomi games came in cartridge form and I have made a set of cartridges to replace the games in the disc set with cartridges and 3D cardboard boxes found here:

What do you guys think? Should I upload the games with cartridges and Cardboard boxes in place of some of the CDs and CD boxes to be as accurate as possible? Or should I keep everything unified as CDs and CD covers to make the set look neater? or Should I even upload these at all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin55 said:

Hi all, got a question, I was going to upload my Naomi 3D boxes,  found here: 

The Problem is a lot of Naomi games came in cartridge form and I have made a set of cartridges to replace the games in the disc set with cartridges and 3D cardboard boxes found here:

What do you guys think? Should I upload the games with cartridges and Cardboard boxes in place of some of the CDs and CD boxes to be as accurate as possible? Or should I keep everything unified as CDs and CD covers to make the set look neater? or Should I even upload these at all?

In my opinion: More choice is better, so uploading both versions would be great so people can choose what they prefer.

During moderation accepting new games takes a long time, around 30 seconds if not longer (45 seconds at the moment). Usually with data and images added to the DB it doesn't take as long which is logical as new games adds a lot more data to the database. But when a large batch of new games are added it does take a long time and I can't seem to get through the queu like this as smoothly as I have to wait and wait, is it taking as long for you over there (across the ocean) as well? Might be my connection perhaps?

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

3 hours ago, Robin55 said:

I'm getting a lot of rejections on my Naomi stuff, not enough yet for anything to get 3 rejections and deleted but still it's come close a few times.... Anyone know why?

Noticed some names have: gamename1 / gamename2 as a title, that can be one reason for rejection as the alternate name field can be used for a second name. I rejected one of the uploads which was Power Slam 2 I believe, as it had Virtua Tennis 2 on all the images and the wikipedia info. A lot of naomi uploads have duplicate images as well, might be better to upload them manually (would be a lot of work indeed but could be error free time spend) as someone uploaded a ton of DS games not too long ago by use of the plugin with 3 to 4 duplicate images per title, while they where legit titles they got rejections as someone has to manually remove hundreds if not thousands of duplicate images after that when the uploader is unaware, seems people that use the plugin don't get the option to see all the images they upload beforehand or something. Maybe something broke with the last update of the plugin, not sure as I don't use it myself.

ok that's good info about the names @Mr. RetroLust but for example my three different versions of Initial D are all getting 3 rejections and 2 approvals and Zombie Revenge has got 2 of each and so has World Kicks, I can't work out why?

I know I should really upload them manually but it would just take soooo long, I wouldn't mind so much if it was JUST a 3D box I guess but I am currently updating systems that have no images at all or very few.

I  saw the DS games on the Discord, thought they might be the ones I made but I couldn't find that sideways image anywhere. Maybe their should be a list of DO's and DO NOTS for the plugin in the forums? just let people know to check their files before using it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

ok that's good info about the names @Mr. RetroLust but for example my three different versions of Initial D are all getting 3 rejections and 2 approvals and Zombie Revenge has got 2 of each and so has World Kicks, I can't work out why?

I know I should really upload them manually but it would just take soooo long, I wouldn't mind so much if it was JUST a 3D box I guess but I am currently updating systems that have no images at all or very few.

I  saw the DS games on the Discord, thought they might be the ones I made but I couldn't find that sideways image anywhere. Maybe their should be a list of DO's and DO NOTS for the plugin in the forums? just let people know to check their files before using it?

Yeah I know, it does take a lot of time but then again so does moderation as well, the plugin seems to upload new content faster than rejecting or accepting the new content, especially new games take forever to load the next in queu. I think it would be handy if we had a way to leave constructive feedback for the uploader so if a mistake is made we could leave a reason why and the uploader would know exactly what to change. As it is now we can leave a reason but the uploader won't see the message as far as I can tell. The plugin is very handy in uploading mass content but with that mass errors/mistakes/etc as well when not being able to review securely. With the Neo Geo marquees I uploaded (which where quite a lot as well) I opened up several tabs like 10 tabs or something in my browser instead of going through each upload on one single page and it worked quite quickly, while one tab was loading a link/menu I started loading the next step in the other tab and so on, I hope that could help you do it quicker as well if you choose to take the manual route. Also I did it in batches, spread over a few days to keep it from being a boring/repetitive task that would take a lot of time in one sitting and it should stay something that is a bit of fun to do.

• Like 1

@Mr. RetroLust Well I'm pretty much done with the big uploads I think, The systems I wanted to get covered are done as I say I'm just waiting to see what happens with the Naomi stuff and ST-V. After that I'll certainly attempt to do it manually as I did use to. I like the idea of having multiple tabs open, if I can get my head around it I'll certainly give it a try. Thanks.

• Like 1

@Robin55 I see another error at the moment, I hope to clarify to you why some titles get rejections, could be I'm quite a few days behind from the point you uploaded these but there is a batch where you (or someone else?) upload naomi clear logos as new games instead of adding the logos to the already uploaded titles. If I would accept these you'll get double game title entries which could cause even more time to fix afterwards.

ah, yes I wasn't thinking that those would be added as new games, What happened was I started adding the files and then realized that from A to G didn't have clear logos, so I added them after I had finished, I didn't think that it would probably be better to add them manually after they had been excepted. If those get rejections they should and I'll fix them up manually. Sorry about that, at least it's not too many about 18 games or so. But still I am getting a lot of rejections that don't seem to have a reason as far as I can tell, but anyway I can check the database against my Launchbox game set and fix them up manually.

• Like 1