LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderator Guidelines and Contributor Rules

Jason Carr

@Robin55 I know your entries have gone through moderation now but as a moderator who rejected most of them I can offer some more insight into what your plugin was doing wrong. In addition to the Title 1 / Title 2 and duplicate images problems that were already mentioned a lot of them had mis-categorized images. One frequent problem was all of the images being tagged North America when they were obviously Japanese. More minor issues but some of them had backgrounds under the 1280 x 720 minimum and the carts should have been Cart - Front and not Cart - 3D. The major issue, which you can see if you head over to the Naomi game list and check around, is that almost all of the screenshots were bad. The majority of them were grey or white screens with the Naomi logo in the center, a board read or some other error screen, or just a black image. Check out Beach Strikers and Ferrari F355 Challenge for examples. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chaotic Viral said:

@Robin55 I know your entries have gone through moderation now but as a moderator who rejected most of them I can offer some more insight into what your plugin was doing wrong. In addition to the Title 1 / Title 2 and duplicate images problems that were already mentioned a lot of them had mis-categorized images. One frequent problem was all of the images being tagged North America when they were obviously Japanese. More minor issues but some of them had backgrounds under the 1280 x 720 minimum and the carts should have been Cart - Front and not Cart - 3D. The major issue, which you can see if you head over to the Naomi game list and check around, is that almost all of the screenshots were bad. The majority of them were grey or white screens with the Naomi logo in the center, a board read or some other error screen, or just a black image. Check out Beach Strikers and Ferrari F355 Challenge for examples. 

This is pretty much exactly why I rejected them as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chaotic Viral said:

ah man, I'm going to have to be way more careful from now on. I never knew about the 1280 x 720 minimum. The next time I decide to add new files to a new system I'll be very,very careful and as strict as possible with what I upload. Yes I saw the bad screen shots after I had finished submitting them for moderation, what they are doing in rotation at all is a mystery in it's self. Thanks for letting me know about all this. @Chaotic Viral

Can I ask just while I have you, should I add my Naomi 2 games to the Naomi 1 database as well? it would only be about 8 games. The only reason I ask is because I know a lot of people (including myself) use Rocket Launcher and the Naomi 2 is not used by Rocketlauncher all games are under just "Naomi", and their is l also little other media for the Naomi 2.

4 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

ah man, I'm going to have to be way more careful from now on. I never knew about the 1280 x 720 minimum. The next time I decide to add new files to a new system I'll be very,very careful and as strict as possible with what I upload. Yes I saw the bad screen shots after I had finished submitting them for moderation, what they are doing in rotation at all is a mystery in it's self. Thanks for letting me know about all this. @Chaotic Viral

Can I ask just while I have you, should I add my Naomi 2 games to the Naomi 1 database as well? it would only be about 8 games. The only reason I ask is because I know a lot of people (including myself) use Rocket Launcher and the Naomi 2 is not used by Rocketlauncher all games are under just "Naomi", and their is l also little other media for the Naomi 2.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Rocket Launcher so I'm not sure what to do there though my initial thought would be not to add them because it would be putting them in the incorrect category.

I feel like the minimum size for wallpapers might not be common knowledge. It was mentioned in the rules linked in the first post of this thread but the Google Doc has since been deleted so I'm not sure what's going on there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could we get an updated link on the Moderator Guidelines and Contributor Rules?  The link provided in the first post claims that the file has been deleted.  I'm not sure if an updated link has been provided in one of the replies, but I don't really want to comb through 15 pages of posts to find it.  Hopefully the link in the OP can be updated?

FYI, I'm looking to add missing gameplay screenshots to many of the Neo Geo AES games, but before I start working on this I want to familiarize myself with the rules. :)

Cheers,

Visor

Edited by Visor

So after looking through the database and examining screenshot examples, I think I figured out the rules on my own so I started submitting content.  My first batch of screenshots (for Aero Fighters 3) was accepted and I can see them in the Games Database.  However, when I go to download them through Launchbox, they don't yet appear.  Is this because it takes some time to upload these images to the proper server(s)?

Overall, the import process was very straightforward.  I just wish there was a way that I could delete a couple of my submissions, as I made a couple of mistakes (i.e. duplicate shots).  I'm sure the reviewers will see that and delete/reject them for me though. :)

Thanks,

Visor

Edited by Visor

@Visor Yeah, changes are not instantly available after being accepted, you need to wait for the daily update of the database that Launchbox uses and make sure you download it before updating. If you don't see the new stuff, just wait until next day update.

As for duplicate submissions, you can only cross your fingers and hope mods reject them. If they don't, well, you can delete them after being approved. Remember that there is a bug and sometimes the images are not deleted even though you get full approval. In that case, try again until they get deleted.

Edited by Suhrvivor

On 7/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, Suhrvivor said:

...you need to wait for the daily update of the database that Launchbox uses and make sure you download it before updating. If you don't see the new stuff, just wait until next day update.

So I just got back from a long weekend trip and the images still won't show up as available downloads within my Launchbox.  Suhrvivor, how do I manually download the daily update of the database?

UPDATE: I think I figured it out.  I had to select the individual games in Launchbox that I had new screenshots uploaded, and then click Tools -> Download Metadata and Media.  Then when I clicked Edit for each game and clicked the Download Images/Media button the screenshots finally showed up.

Meanwhile, my duplicate submissions were uploaded so I have put in requests to delete them.

Thanks,

Visor

Edited by Visor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...