LaunchBox Community Forums
SentaiBrad

Moderator Guidelines and Contributor Rules

@Robin55 I know your entries have gone through moderation now but as a moderator who rejected most of them I can offer some more insight into what your plugin was doing wrong. In addition to the Title 1 / Title 2 and duplicate images problems that were already mentioned a lot of them had mis-categorized images. One frequent problem was all of the images being tagged North America when they were obviously Japanese. More minor issues but some of them had backgrounds under the 1280 x 720 minimum and the carts should have been Cart - Front and not Cart - 3D. The major issue, which you can see if you head over to the Naomi game list and check around, is that almost all of the screenshots were bad. The majority of them were grey or white screens with the Naomi logo in the center, a board read or some other error screen, or just a black image. Check out Beach Strikers and Ferrari F355 Challenge for examples. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chaotic Viral said:

@Robin55 I know your entries have gone through moderation now but as a moderator who rejected most of them I can offer some more insight into what your plugin was doing wrong. In addition to the Title 1 / Title 2 and duplicate images problems that were already mentioned a lot of them had mis-categorized images. One frequent problem was all of the images being tagged North America when they were obviously Japanese. More minor issues but some of them had backgrounds under the 1280 x 720 minimum and the carts should have been Cart - Front and not Cart - 3D. The major issue, which you can see if you head over to the Naomi game list and check around, is that almost all of the screenshots were bad. The majority of them were grey or white screens with the Naomi logo in the center, a board read or some other error screen, or just a black image. Check out Beach Strikers and Ferrari F355 Challenge for examples. 

This is pretty much exactly why I rejected them as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chaotic Viral said:

ah man, I'm going to have to be way more careful from now on. I never knew about the 1280 x 720 minimum. The next time I decide to add new files to a new system I'll be very,very careful and as strict as possible with what I upload. Yes I saw the bad screen shots after I had finished submitting them for moderation, what they are doing in rotation at all is a mystery in it's self. Thanks for letting me know about all this. @Chaotic Viral

Can I ask just while I have you, should I add my Naomi 2 games to the Naomi 1 database as well? it would only be about 8 games. The only reason I ask is because I know a lot of people (including myself) use Rocket Launcher and the Naomi 2 is not used by Rocketlauncher all games are under just "Naomi", and their is l also little other media for the Naomi 2.

4 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

ah man, I'm going to have to be way more careful from now on. I never knew about the 1280 x 720 minimum. The next time I decide to add new files to a new system I'll be very,very careful and as strict as possible with what I upload. Yes I saw the bad screen shots after I had finished submitting them for moderation, what they are doing in rotation at all is a mystery in it's self. Thanks for letting me know about all this. @Chaotic Viral

Can I ask just while I have you, should I add my Naomi 2 games to the Naomi 1 database as well? it would only be about 8 games. The only reason I ask is because I know a lot of people (including myself) use Rocket Launcher and the Naomi 2 is not used by Rocketlauncher all games are under just "Naomi", and their is l also little other media for the Naomi 2.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Rocket Launcher so I'm not sure what to do there though my initial thought would be not to add them because it would be putting them in the incorrect category.

I feel like the minimum size for wallpapers might not be common knowledge. It was mentioned in the rules linked in the first post of this thread but the Google Doc has since been deleted so I'm not sure what's going on there.

• Like 1