LaunchBox Community Forums

ExoDOS Import

Jason Carr

eXo said
StammesOpfer said Did that give you cover art? I would just try it but I am waiting until Win3xO is done before I try it again.
Done as in, downloading? Or done as in, final release? I ask because from a release stand point, Win3xO is "done". I'll eventually go back to it and add missing games I've found, but that won't be for a few years.
Downloading. What you have is so complete I would never know the difference. Thank you for all that you have done.

• 4 months later...
Just starting this process myself. 1 question for those who've done it: In Meagre, is there a way to mass 'export to launchbox'? Can't seem to select more than 1 game...and well this is going to take a while :) And would anyone happen to have the actual file from post #23? Seems to be a .mp3 now. Thanks!

I've never used MEAGRE, however I would assume that no, there is no option for this as no one from that team has ever contacted us. I never used the built in systems, I just imported the games using the DOS Import function like normal and it's worked so far. This thread is rather outdated and before the DOS Importer. I don't have the program, but there are more images now than there were then, we have our own LaunchBox Games Database too which has a specific DOS section where you can also add more front box art if you have any. There will be a feature to upload from within LaunchBox to the Database as well at some point. To go another notch, Tiered Images will also solve the missing images problem without moving the image location as this, in the end, would create more headaches. That is planned too though.

Hi @bmonomad MEAGRE supports mass export to LaunchBox including all Images and most of the Metadata. But only in the newest version (which comes only with the Win3xO collection and unfortunately not with eXoDOS itself). But you can easily download the newest version from their site and update your MEAGRE version. Here’s a quick tutorial which I wrote: 1. Close LaunchBox and MEAGRE 2. Download the newest MEAGRE .exe file from here: https://sites.google.com/site/meagrefrontend/download 3. Replace the old MEAGRE.exe with the new one 4. Open MEAGRE –> Edit –> Export to LaunchBox -> choose your LaunchBox.xml and wait until everything is done 5. Open your LaunchBox.xml and search for the line which starts with:
<ImagesReorganizedFor5
6. Change the value in the middle from “true” to “false” 7. Save and close the LaunchBox.xml 8. Open LaunchBox and wait until everything is finished and have fun with your newly imported eXoDOS and/or Win3xO set :)

So I gave it a try to import the ExoDOS 2.0 archives to LaunchBox yesterday and it seemed to work fine. I have all the games there and I can play them. No images though. I see that in my Images folder I have 2000+ images called "1000 Miglia.{59509418-6113-48B3-A06D-4550A82AA56B}" and "Race Mania.{B784719E-013E-4D95-910D-FAA43118306C}" etc. Furthermore they are not in a folder like I would expect like DOS or PC Booter. Any way to fix this?

CriticalCid said 5. Open your LaunchBox.xml and search for the line which starts with:
<ImagesReorganizedFor5
6. Change the value in the middle from “true” to “false” 7. Save and close the LaunchBox.xml 8. Open LaunchBox and wait until everything is finished and have fun with your newly imported eXoDOS and/or Win3xO set :)
Also make sure that LaunchBox is closed before you gonna edit the .xml!

CriticalCid said
CriticalCid said 5. Open your LaunchBox.xml and search for the line which starts with:
<ImagesReorganizedFor5
Did that. When I open the Launchbox after step 5 it says something about organizing images for LB5.0+ for a little while. Launchbox opens but there are still no images. So I check the LaunchBox.xml again and the value has changed back to true. Same thing happened twice for me now.

• 1 month later...
@CriticalCid Is there any risk of doing this with the updated Launchbox folder structure? I don't have eXoDOS/Win3Xo currently but have been considering checking them out. I just wanna make sure the export/import process isn't broken now that the structure is different.

That'd be awesome, if possible! I've still gotta figure out how exactly I'm going to store these massive collections... and then actually download them (I've got a pretty decent connection but I still have the feeling these are gonna take...a bit haha). Welp, I might be buying another external hard drive this weekend :P (that'd put me at 5).

JESUS I like how not only do you have that many...but most of them are close to full Surprised One of these days they're gonna actually make that DNA storage I've heard about for years. It's gonna be sweet... A gram of DNA can hold about a billion terabytes of data. What does he use it for? DOS games. Ahhh yeah... But... do I have to feed it? Can it get a real virus? How do I reformat my bio-drive? My digital movie and video game collection demand answers. On a serious note, can anybody confirm whether or not the game Heavy Gear is in the Win3Xo collection? I haven't been able to find an actual list. After fighting with it for about 7 hours last night I'm looking for other options.