LaunchBox Community Forums

ExoDOS Import

Jason Carr

Yea, point the new ones over your old ones. Then use torrentcheck. As long as you don't have your sets combined, it will remove all the files that have since been renamed or deleted.

If your sets *are* combined, then I can make a torrent file for you of all 3 sets combined, which you could then use to strip out old files.

As far as adult games go, let me see what I can work up. I had a method to remove them from Meagre, but it was essentially a script that deleted the front end folders for ever adult game, so a manual listing. I was thinking for LB I could have two versions of the xml file. One with adult games and one without. Then it asks the user which one they want, and proceeds to combine the appropriate files to generate the MS-DOS.xml file. The other option is to have a script that tries to remove them *after* the fact, and that would be much harder.

I'll consider adding that functionality before I release the 3.11 packs.

21 hours ago, eXo said:

Yea, point the new ones over your old ones. Then use torrentcheck. As long as you don't have your sets combined, it will remove all the files that have since been renamed or deleted.

If your sets *are* combined, then I can make a torrent file for you of all 3 sets combined, which you could then use to strip out old files.

As far as adult games go, let me see what I can work up. I had a method to remove them from Meagre, but it was essentially a script that deleted the front end folders for ever adult game, so a manual listing. I was thinking for LB I could have two versions of the xml file. One with adult games and one without. Then it asks the user which one they want, and proceeds to combine the appropriate files to generate the MS-DOS.xml file. The other option is to have a script that tries to remove them *after* the fact, and that would be much harder.

I'll consider adding that functionality before I release the 3.11 packs.

A cheat way to remove old files when you just keep putting new versions over the old is to simply move the torrent's folder somewhere else.  The torrent client moves all the files belonging to that torrent to the new location, and all is good.  

For a combined set, just move one torrent to a new location, then move all the others to that same location.    

That provides those of us who've never bothered dealing with torrent utilities an easy way to get rid of cruft from previous versions :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

A cheat way to remove old files when you just keep putting new versions over the old is to simply move the torrent's folder somewhere else.  The torrent client moves all the files belonging to that torrent to the new location, and all is good.  

For a combined set, just move one torrent to a new location, then move all the others to that same location.    

That provides those of us who've never bothered dealing with torrent utilities an easy way to get rid of cruft from previous versions :)

That's really clever! I love it!

It will be free for the first week. I'm waiting to space out packs 2 and 3 so my upload pipe doesn't get shredded. Also, for people who has limited download, if I release all three at once and they are only free for a week, they may not finish in time.

Packs 4 and 5 will not be free the first week I put them out. I am making these first 3 free as a thanks to those who have stuck with it as I've released multiple versions so closely.

There will be a combined pack sometime late this fall.  I won't be combining the first 3 packs together. That would just lead to a silly amount of variations and confusion.

• Like 1

Thank you eXo, I will wait for the total 5 pack as much as I am excited to get what you release ASAP.....I have plenty of ratio so for me that's no worry.

Anyone who wants more ratio at pleasuredome, just download the latest Mame sets and anything FREE that has traffic on it, and let them sit seeding as quick as possible for weeks...you will a ton too.

The folder name has been a constant source of problems. Some people want it all to go to exodos. some say that causes problems. Hopefully doing it this way just allows everyone to decide for themselves.

I think the ones with the prob are the ones with combined folders. I kept all separate and update one bss your release and works fine.

Whatever works for everyone. Your work is done anyway and its all good. No complains from this side on the naming heheh

+1 on setting it as free for the first week!

What I did last time was run the setup file in the exoDOS pack and install to a new instance of Launchbox, then manually copy across what I think are the relevant files and folders. Is this still the best way to do it?

yea. There is no way to automate that process, as I can't create anything that can keep up with the constant parade of new launchbox versions or guess what sort of setup a person may already have.