LaunchBox Community Forums

ExoDOS Import

Jason Carr

I've gone through the setup.bat, followed the instructions (except I had to edit my MS-DOS.xml to reflect my paths, a quick find+replace) & everything is going great, except I can't seem to use the Startup Screen options, because as soon as LaunchBox does its thing after the Startup Screen has played kicks me outta fullscreen.

I know it's not directly related to the importing, just wondering if anyone else has run into this & if there's a fix. I'd really like to keep the Startup Screens enabled but I'll turn 'em off if I have to, at least for the MS-DOS games.

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 12:06 AM, eXo said:

It's easy, but it takes a few steps. Specific instructions are posted on my discord channel.  Here is a quick copy paste:

To merge your eXoDOS launchbox files into an existing launchbox installation, do the following:

copy .\data\platforms\MS-DOS.xml from the exodos folder to your launchbox folder
move .\Manuals\MS-DOS*.* from the exodos folder to your launchbox folder
move .\images\MS-DOS*.* from the exodos folder to your launchbox folder
move .\eXoDOS*.* from the exodos folder to your launchbox folder 

Hi guys. Please clear that for me a little bit. After downloading I end up with separately 5 volumes. Do i have to setup.bat all of them and after that move and copy folders to my original launchbox folder? Or first move files and then run setup.bat?

Maybe someone could give me a little help?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi folks, I've a question re eXodos & an existing LB installation. I've downloaded the base eXodos files, and only three or four games (I don't want the full set of games). I've ran setup, and it appears to be working as it all should. However, I've an existing LaunchBox installation, with the big difference that it is configured to NOT use the default directories for games content. My existing setup structure looks like this:

• G:\ Emulators (this is for standalone emulators, including RetroArch)
  • G:\Games (in here are subfolders for all the systems/platforms I have set up in LB)
  • G:\Launchbox (the base LB installation, with art, videos, etc)

So as far as I can see, simply moving an eXodos game over to my existing setup will not work because I'd like to have my eXodos games in their own folder in my "G:\Games" folder as shown above, and the .bat files are all written to use the default directories as far as I can make out. Is there any way around this?

23 hours ago, launcherbox said:

Hi folks, I've a question re eXodos & an existing LB installation. I've downloaded the base eXodos files, and only three or four games (I don't want the full set of games). I've ran setup, and it appears to be working as it all should. However, I've an existing LaunchBox installation, with the big difference that it is configured to NOT use the default directories for games content. My existing setup structure looks like this:

• G:\ Emulators (this is for standalone emulators, including RetroArch)
  • G:\Games (in here are subfolders for all the systems/platforms I have set up in LB)
  • G:\Launchbox (the base LB installation, with art, videos, etc)

So as far as I can see, simply moving an eXodos game over to my existing setup will not work because I'd like to have my eXodos games in their own folder in my "G:\Games" folder as shown above, and the .bat files are all written to use the default directories as far as I can make out. Is there any way around this?

Ok a simple enough workaround of sorts for those with a non-standard config like myself:

• Place eXoDOS parent folder in my main games folder, ie,  G:\Games\eXoDOS
  • I've stripped out  as much as possible from said eXoDOS folder, leaving it essentially as a container for the games themselves, no LaunchBox content etc
  • I then install the games as needed, into this eXoDOS folder by running the required .bat file (as you would normally)
  • Once installed, I simply drag the associated .bat file into my existing LaunchBox, and import it as normal.
  • This way, the eXoDOS content does NOT have to live in my LaunchBox installation folder, and I don't need to alter any settings or configs as no paths etc get broken this way.

hi, i have little questions :)

i've just downloaded those 2 wonderfuls package : eXodos v.4  and   Win3xO v1.0.

In launchbox, i would have to keep the 2 packages separated in 2 plateforms "MS-Dos" and "Win3x"

1/ If i understand well i have to install each pack separately in 2 differents folders then put those 2 folders in my launchbox "games" folder and do the import procedure for each platform ?

2/ can a game be installed from Launchbox after import or i have to do it in Meagre  ?