LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Daemon Tools through Launchbox...

combstim4419

Yeah it works but it leads to a ton of work (over 250 games) the one time script would have been much nicer. I think the issue is that the script doesn't point anywhere so no image loads because it doesn't contain this info which I don't think would work for me since I am using .cue and all are in different folders and I don't really know what to make of the last line with the game.exe since that sounds like it would be for a PC game not a rom/image. @echo off set dtools="C:\PATH\TO\DT\DT.EXE" set iso="C:\PATH\TO\ISO\IMAGE.ISO" set gameexe="C:\PATH\TO\INSTALLED\GAME\EXE\FILE\GAME.EXE"

DOS76 said I was messing around with the additional app setting I had it mounting the disk but not un-mounting them Daemon Tools offered me the latest version after upgrading it no longer works it seems they have changed the interface it no longer lists a drive number it just allows quick mounts. Whatever is new breaks the previous stuff so I advise anyone from upgrading that is relying on it to run your Saturn stuff. You can quick mount the iso's and then run SSF and this works but it doesn't do anything for LaunchBox. EDIT: I grabbed the older version from TPB and reinstalled it then using the additional apps method I got it working I'm using an unmount cd-rom app after the app closes using -unmount_all and it is working great.
Which version did you grab?

https://thepiratebay.la/torrent/6650401/DAEMON_Tools_Lite_v4.35.5 I grabbed this one it is freeware so should be no piracy issues I don't know if Daemon Tools website has older versions available for download you can check first if you would rather not visit TPB Additional App samples Application Name = Mount (Can be anything you want though) Application Path = E:\Program Filles\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe (Your path will likely differ) default install will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe Application command-line Parameters: -mount dt, 0, "Drive letter or Network Storage\Folder Path to game\game.extension" Sample: "\\WHS2011\Emulators\Sega Saturn\Sega Saturn Games\USA\Albert Odyssey(US)\Albert Odyssey(US).nrg" Check the run before main application check box Application Name = Unmount (Can be anything you want though) Application Path = Same as the above example of path Application Command-Line Parameters: -unmount_all check the run after main application check box.

Thanks for responding so quickly but I managed to find a version that'd install, 4.46.1 found here: http://daemon-tools.en.uptodown.com/old (even 4.45.3 didn't work!). I'm using the following code for Saturn emulation which seems to be working:
@echo off set daemon="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" start "" %daemon% -mount dt, 0, %1% start /wait "" "SSF.exe" %daemon% -unmount dt, 0
Nicked from this thread: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/emulation/trouble-with-yabause-through-launch-box I'm now wondering whether we can use a similar script to launch cue/bin files in nullDC/Demul... (https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/troubleshooting/how-do-i-set-up-dreamcast-to-work-seamlessly-in-launchbox-windows-10-x64#p6363)

I just copied that script again and tried to use it every time I launch a game from LauchBox it says that the drive is empty so the part that start SSF works but something with what it tell Daemon isn't working maybe in the 4.49 version I have. Its very frustrating knowing other have it working but I can't get it to work.

DOS76 said my Version of SSF doesn't have a drive letter you can either set it to DT or the physical drive from the drop down and then in the SSF.ini it is listed as 1 if you change it to 0 then the physical drive is listed. What version of SSF are you using
Don't worry, that's what I meant - selecting the right drive from the drop-down box in settings (SSF_012_beta_R4)

I have it working now but it is opening a lot of games and just closing right away even though it is set to the highest settings Using the .bat about 1 out of 5 games launches the others mount start SSF then SSF closes on its own and DT unmounts. Using the regular .exe with the additional apps settings all my games open without any issues. Some games open to the empty disk screen also with the .bat but work fine with the .exe so I'm going to go with much more work but way better performance.

• 3 months later...
The custom config loading is easy. Edit RetroArch under Manage Emulators and go to Associated Platforms. Super Nintendo (SNES) -L "cores\bsnes_balanced_libretro" -c "config\RetroArch-1220-194545.cfg" This is what my SNES line looks like. After the " -c denotes loading a config then the line after tells what config to load. The default location is the config folder that RA saves the configs in. If it is in its default location you can use "config\xxxxxxx.cfg". If it is in a different folder in your RA root folder then you'd change the config name to what ever else it is. Conversely you can also use a full path instead of a relative path. Using the method above you wont need to change anything if you move your RetroArch folder (except for its location in LB). You can still use for example -c D:\Emulators\RetroArch\Config\xxxxx.cfg and you don't need " " for it. But if you use the full path and you change the location of RA you need to edit this line, so I do suggest the relative path like the first one.

Thank you for your reply. I got it working. Thankfully, i already had different configs for each system so i did this for all the systems i use with retroarch. Yabause is surely slower than SSF though... i have to enable frame skipping and disable hard GPU sync to get it working at a decent speed... and that's on an i5 CPU.

What kind of GPU and how much RAM do you have? If you are using RetroArch x64 that means it is flagged to use up to 3 or 4GB of RAM. If you are at 4 or 6GB there might not be enough wiggle room. As well, if your GPU is a bit older as well that could effect the frame rate. A quick look up after my last paragraph reveals a lot about the two emulators actually. SSF is closed source which is why its a bitch to deal with. Only the main developer(s) can do anything to the emulator and who knows if they're even still developing it. Yabuse however is open source, which is why it is included with RA to begin with and can be edited or added to over time, and quicker more than likely. However, it does seem (at least at the time of this information's post date that I found) SSF is technically more superior to Yabuse. I don't know the rate of development for them though and the sad truth is the Sega Saturn is not a sought after console to emulate so it gets left behind sometimes. The complexity of the console can also be at fault sometimes too. An inverse example is the Wii. It was so like the Gamecube (pretty much two gamecubes stacked on top and plugged in to each other) that it was super easy to emulate and folded in to Dolphin right away.