LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't Import Master System

sagaopc

The most likely error when importing is that some of the entries didn't scan properly. Telling LaunchBox to go ahead and import anyways is usually fine, you would just need to scan for Metadata again. That said, close down LaunchBox completely, re-open and see if it scans again. If you did that already close LaunchBox again and in your LB folder create a backup of your current LaunchBox.xml file. In there is also a 'backups' folder. In the backup folder sort it by Date Modified and try replacing your current LB XML with one of the backups, preferably one from before you started importing Master System games.

SentaiBrad said The most likely error when importing is that some of the entries didn't scan properly. Telling LaunchBox to go ahead and import anyways is usually fine, you would just need to scan for Metadata again. That said, close down LaunchBox completely, re-open and see if it scans again. If you did that already close LaunchBox again and in your LB folder create a backup of your current LaunchBox.xml file. In there is also a 'backups' folder. In the backup folder sort it by Date Modified and try replacing your current LB XML with one of the backups, preferably one from before you started importing Master System games.
I think the GameDB doesn't working, because when I scraped a random cover in atari (porpertly imported), doesn't appear GameDB, only Wikipedia!
SentaiBrad said Follow my previous post first before trying to add more.
I've tried!

If nothing came up in GamesDB that could mean the game doesn't exist in their Database. If there was an Error for the GamesDB, instead of the name [GamesDB] Popping up it would be [Error]. Again, the problem you are running in to is normal, all LaunchBox is telling you is that there was an error when scraping and importing, would you like to still add your games to your library. Tell it yes. Some games may be missing images or metadata, so you'll either need to update that System selecting it on the left, going to Tools -> Download Metadata and Images or by updating them 1 by 1.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys! Did any of you manage to find a solution for this problem? I'm having the same issue. Worked well importing NES & PS2 games but when I tried with Nintendo 64 & SNES I'd wouldn't work at all. It looked exactly like in sagaopc's video "Bug Import Launchbox". I've tried: -Make a copy of the .xml file and generated a new one. -Changed the names of the games. -Unzipped the games and tried importing. No success unfortunately.