LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LEDBlinky Support

@arzoo I did change the controller mappings code for the latest releases; I'm sorry I didn't give you any warning for that. I hadn't considered it, since my controller board uses keyboard mappings instead of controller mappings. Anyways, for existing users the mappings will stay in the previous settings file, but they unfortunately won't be updated when changes are made, and won't be used for new users.

There's a new InputBindings.xml file that shows up with the latest version of LaunchBox and Big Box. The syntax of it should be fairly obvious. Basically, in order to support both new and old versions of LaunchBox, LEDBlinky should look for that InputBindings.xml file, and if it exists, use it. Otherwise, it should use the existing logic inside of the Settings.xml (for LaunchBox) and BigBoxSettings.xml (for Big Box) files.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll help with whatever is needed. Again, sorry for the late notice on that.

I wasn't sure if i should create a new topic for this, but is there an option for all the single player games for the console systems (NES, Genesis) to only have the player 1 side light up by default?  I'm currently going through and setting up each game 1 at a time, but it seems like being able to pass in the play mode (single player, coop, multiplayer) would be possible.

2 hours ago, Richakev said:

I wasn't sure if i should create a new topic for this, but is there an option for all the single player games for the console systems (NES, Genesis) to only have the player 1 side light up by default?  I'm currently going through and setting up each game 1 at a time, but it seems like being able to pass in the play mode (single player, coop, multiplayer) would be possible.

I think you would have to create specific platforms for each type and create a default lighting for each for this to be automated. (eg Genesis  - Single, Genesis - multiplayer) If you turn on debug in LEDBlinky, you can see the information passed from LB to LEDBlinky is fairly simple.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:13 PM, Line said:

Player1 FE buttons bound to A, B, X, Y, RB, LB, Left Stick, Right Stick, Back and Start will illuminate. 

The Left Trigger, Right Trigger, Guide button, joysticks (or d-pad) and trackball (mouse) will not illuminate. Nothing from P2 and higher will illuminate from FE controls.

d6FJFA6.png

inzO4tK.png

I was able to get the other joysticks / buttons / trackballs illuminated like normal in MAME, Emulators and PC games by modifying the xmls.

How did you get them to light up in name by modifying the Xmls? I am still trying to figure out how to light roads and triggers.

thanks!

Hi, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get ledblinky to work in Mame 0.214.

If I run it through Launchbox all loads & the buttons light up as should. Then for some reason once the animation has stopped it leaves 4 lights lit up?

Then when I launch Mame I get no lit buttons at all.

Could someone take a look at the attached files & give me a clue as to what i am doing wrong? I'm trying to get this working on just one game to start, asteroids, so I want my 3 buttons, fire, thrust & hyperspace to light up as well as my Start button. Really have no idea what's going on here...

The below is my asteroids.cfg located within my Mame64\cfg\

<mameconfig version="10">
    <system name="asteroid">
        <counters>
            <coins index="0" number="47" />
        </counters>
        <input>
            <port tag=":IN0" type="P1_BUTTON5" mask="8" defvalue="0">
                <newseq type="standard">
                    JOYCODE_1_BUTTON3
                </newseq>
            </port>