Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LEDBlinky Support

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CalmGamer said:

Thanks to arzoo I think I’m narrowing down the cause in BB. 

It seems to work fine if I select a game from the games list. I can scroll up and down and I’ve checked the ledblinky log and it does receive game selected commands.

My issue seems to be when I go into a playlist (I’ve made a few custom ones) and select a game by scrolling left and right through the box art of the recently played games, rather than going through the regular scrolling list.  

Doing this doesn’t generate any selected commands and then nothing gets passed to ledblinky.

I hope this explanation kinda makes sense. I’m still learning the terminology of the app  :)

It would seem like BB is not sending LEDBlinky the Game Selected command from the recently played list. I'm thinking this will have to be fixed by the FE dev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CalmGamer said:

Should I submit a bug report for this or is it done automatically by a moderator. 

I would submit a bug report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 7:53 PM, pattonthompson said:

That worked perfectly.  I set up MAME separately from retroarch then pointed LED Blinky to those files as you said and it works perfectly.  I do notice a bit of slowdown on startup otherwise it runs great.

Can you elaborate exactly how you used RetroArch in place of Mame here? I’d really like to go down this path if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest version of LEDBlinky (7.0.4) includes an option to resolve the issue where LB/BB sends the GameQuit command immediately after starting a game which causes LEDBlinky to revert back to the front-end configuration while the game is still active. The workaround basically allows any emulator to be configured (using the Controls Editor) to ignore all GameQuit commands. The net effect is that LEDBlinky remains in the executing game configuration, and will continue to do so until any command other than GameQuit is received. When returning to the front-end, the game configuration will remain active until another event occurs (list scroll or change for example). It's not a perfect solution, but much easier to implement than using an AHK script or other methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another weird little issue, I’m sure it’s a config file problem.

I can’t get ledblinky to correctly identify my player 2 button 5 in MAME and retroarch. It’s set as keycode e inside led blinky as well as mapped inside MAME and retroarch.

I’ve turned on the debug log and it says it’s mapped to joycode2_button5 with no mention of keycode e.  What file is used to store the mapping? All other buttons including button 6 work. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CalmGamer said:

I have another weird little issue, I’m sure it’s a config file problem.

I can’t get ledblinky to correctly identify my player 2 button 5 in MAME and retroarch. It’s set as keycode e inside led blinky as well as mapped inside MAME and retroarch.

I’ve turned on the debug log and it says it’s mapped to joycode2_button5 with no mention of keycode e.  What file is used to store the mapping? All other buttons including button 6 work. 

Thanks

Try the troubleshooting app and see if it can identify the issue. If not, email me your debug.zip file and I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@arzoo i've configured my lights in both rocket + the config app , lights are all working inside of the app when i click test , both RL + LB are linked to LED blinky nothing happens though , could this be because im using the trial version? im wanting to purchase the software but want to try it first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Newlander said:

@arzoo i've configured my lights in both rocket + the config app , lights are all working inside of the app when i click test , both RL + LB are linked to LED blinky nothing happens though , could this be because im using the trial version? im wanting to purchase the software but want to try it first

Definitely not due to using the trial version. Hard to know without more info. Please turn on the Debug Log option (misc options tab), run RL and a few games, then email me the debug.zip (or debug.log if there is no .zip) and I'll take a look.

LEDBlinky support email listed here.

Edited by arzoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello LEDBlinky users, I noticed in the colors.ini file there are many entries for the color "black" . I saw this in the version 7 pdf doc, 

Quote

 

Color-RGB.ini

This file contains a list of Color Names and the RGB (Red/Green/Blue) intensity values for each. Intensity values must be in the range of 0 to 48. Note: some colors cannot be reproduced by a RGB LED, for example; shades of Gray or Black. In these cases, substitute colors must be specified. This file is only used in conjunction with an optional colors.ini file for MAME.

 

I'm not in front of my arcade this very moment so I'll check the file when I get home. But my question is how can I substitute the color black? And what colors are people supstituting it with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, richardoswald said:

Hello LEDBlinky users, I noticed in the colors.ini file there are many entries for the color "black" . I saw this in the version 7 pdf doc, 

I'm not in front of my arcade this very moment so I'll check the file when I get home. But my question is how can I substitute the color black? And what colors are people supstituting it with?

Just due to the limitations of using LED light sources, I don't think there is a good substitution for black.

I started using the colors.ini file but have since customized every MAME game I have in my system. If a game originally  had black buttons, I switched  to something else.

The colors.ini tries to match the original arcade controls, which I think is OK if you have a single game purpose cabinet, but I personally prefer having different colors per action for a multi game cabinet.  If 2 buttons are the same color, the user knows they do the same action. This is real handy when you have lots of buttons and want to give the user many options whether left or right handed. Additionally, I keep coin insert and player starts button colors consistent across games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 12:15 AM, arzoo said:

Definitely not due to using the trial version. Hard to know without more info. Please turn on the Debug Log option (misc options tab), run RL and a few games, then email me the debug.zip (or debug.log if there is no .zip) and I'll take a look.

LEDBlinky support email listed here.

when i rebooted my system , its saying the LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml is missing even though i had lights ect working through the config app , tried the mame tester and that does nothing , should LEDBlinkyInputMap be configured? because it was working without that

 

edit: ran the application to generate that missing file like the error said to , its saving my settings but not generating the xml file

have it working now but the RL platforms aren't working + mame controls not sure why

Edited by Newlander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Newlander said:

when i rebooted my system , its saying the LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml is missing even though i had lights ect working through the config app , tried the mame tester and that does nothing , should LEDBlinkyInputMap be configured? because it was working without that

 

edit: ran the application to generate that missing file like the error said to , its saving my settings but not generating the xml file

have it working now but the RL platforms aren't working + mame controls not sure why

The LEDBlinkyInputMap is definitely required - without that LEDBlinky has no idea which input codes are associated with each port on your LED controller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, arzoo said:

The LEDBlinkyInputMap is definitely required - without that LEDBlinky has no idea which input codes are associated with each port on your LED controller.

just need to get the RL platform specific lighting working + mame , any ideas why that might not be working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Newlander said:

just need to get the RL platform specific lighting working + mame , any ideas why that might not be working?

Can you be more specific? When you say platform specific, do you mean non-mame games are not lighting correctly? Are mame games lighting correctly? Regardless, without the debug log there's not much I can do to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, arzoo said:

Can you be more specific? When you say platform specific, do you mean non-mame games are not lighting correctly? Are mame games lighting correctly? Regardless, without the debug log there's not much I can do to help.

lights are on while frontend is open however when i boot any game they all turn off even though i have the Rocketapplication bundled with LEDblinky to have lighting for the supported systems , mame is the same no leds are active , how do i get the debug log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Newlander said:

lights are on while frontend is open however when i boot any game they all turn off even though i have the Rocketapplication bundled with LEDblinky to have lighting for the supported systems , mame is the same no leds are active , how do i get the debug log?

Did you enable the "Light Game Controls" (Game Options tab)?

You can enable the debug log on the Misc Options tab (at the bottom).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently setting up my cabinet and am getting everything configured with LEDblinky, which for the most part I've had no trouble with since I figured out how everything works. Something I am trying to do is get the trackball to change color per player for games like Golden Tee, is this possible? If so how would this be done? Any help would be great!  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Moleburt said:

I am currently setting up my cabinet and am getting everything configured with LEDblinky, which for the most part I've had no trouble with since I figured out how everything works. Something I am trying to do is get the trackball to change color per player for games like Golden Tee, is this possible? If so how would this be done? Any help would be great!  Thanks!

If you're asking to have the trackball color change when the players alternate taking turns, that would only be possible if the original game had that feature (which I don't think it did) and mame emulated the output signal. Otherwise there is no way for LEDBlinky to know which player is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, arzoo said:

If you're asking to have the trackball color change when the players alternate taking turns, that would only be possible if the original game had that feature (which I don't think it did) and mame emulated the output signal. Otherwise there is no way for LEDBlinky to know which player is up.

Well that's a bummer, oh well though! Thanks for your help @arzoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...