LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's Platform Clear Logos

Zombeaver

Hybrid Heaven may not be the most amazing game ever... but you can suplex lizard monsters so it gets my vote. Boston crab-boston crab-boston crab... A lot of artistic license was necessary considering this was the highest quality image I could find... it actually turned out better than I expected though haha. Normal: Nintendo-64.png Scanline: Nintendo-64-Scanline.png Scanline (150% Scale): Nintendo-64-Scanline-150-Scale.png

Well, I already used Snatcher for the Sega CD console banner that I made so I went with another excellent title which is also an adventure game and is also cyberpunk - Rise of the Dragon. I do love me some cyberpunk. Normal: Sega-CD.png Scanline: Sega-CD-Scanline.png Scanline (150% Scale): Sega-CD-Scanline-150-Scale.png

Well, I had intended to get more of these done today but I ended up binge watching the entire first season of Stranger Things on Netflix... Confused Ordinarily I don't use fanart for these but I came across this one by Ivan Flores while looking for Metroid Prime images and said "Yep, that's the one." I tip my proverbial hat to him. Normal: Nintendo-Gamecube.png Scanline: Nintendo-Gamecube-Scanline.png Scanline (150% Scale): Nintendo-Gamecube-Scanline-150-Scale.png

Okay, so after updating to the newest beta, clear logo visual fidelity is noticeable better, to the point that the 150% scale scanlines are actually visible in Big Box. Unfortunately, at that scale it would seem that they're still a bit too dense to look right. At 250%, however, they look pretty good. So I've already gone back and created new scanline versions at 250% scale for everything I've done so far, as well as reworked/improved/fixed a number of things in some of them. When I release these in a packed download (should be very soon, probably tomorrow), it's going to have "Normal", "Scanline" (these will just be the 250% versions), and an "Alternate" folder for a few variants that I've made, like for the Saturn and Playstation logos. You can see some examples of how the scanline versions look in Big Box here (view in fullsceeen):
Spoiler
Big-Box-Scanline-Clear-Logo-1.jpgBig-Box-Scanline-Clear-Logo-2.jpgBig-Box-Scanline-Clear-Logo-3.jpg
And now, for some tactical GBA goodness: Normal: Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance.png Scanlines: Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-1.png

My original plan was to do an M2 logo with Daytona USA but I couldn't really find an image that was satisfactory. I already used Motor Raid for the banner I made so I wanted to go for something else. Luckily, Dynamite Cop has one hell of a cover. It looks like a poster for a Charles Band flick from the 80's. Badass. I just have a couple more of these that I want to do before the first release of the pack. @Jason, if possible, could I get "trusted" status or whatever it's called so that I can edit my original post? I believe Brad mentioned it to you previously. I think it would make it easier for people that come across this thread and don't want to dig through several pages to get a link. That would also allow me to update the download as I add more stuff over time. Normal: Sega-Model-2.png Scanlines: Sega-Model-2-Scanlines.png

Awesome, thanks @Jason! I think I'm just going to finish up Sega Master System, Gameboy, and Windows for the first release. I'm sure there's other stuff people will need but that should cover a lot of ground. That'll put it at 26 platforms. EDIT: Speaking of which, here's one for Sega Master System. Admittedly, this image isn't from the SMS cover of Space Harrier, but the actual cover (like practically all SMS covers) is complete garbage so uh, yeah... we're not doing that. Normal: Sega-Master-System.png Scanlines: Sega-Master-System-Scanlines.png

Alright, this will be the last one prior to the release of the pack. I want to do a little bit of additional testing just to make sure everything's good to go and the process is as user friendly as I can make it, but I'll be releasing that tomorrow. Normal: Nintendo-Game-Boy.png Scanlines: Nintendo-Game-Boy-1.png And here's an alternate version that's my attempt at replicating the look of a Game Boy screen... I'm just gonna go ahead and say I failed but it was fun to experiment with regardless. Wink Alternate: Nintendo-Game-Boy-4.png

keltoigael said These are freaking beautiful dude. I love the originality of them.
Thanks!
keltoigael said Here is the real big question because I too suffer from OCD. What about some matching backgrounds of not necessarily the same image but of the same quality and feel?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Like a background image while hovered on a platform? I use background videos for platforms so that's not something I'd really considered. Have you tried messing with that at all? I guess if there's enough interest, I could work on making some, I guess I just assumed that everybody used background videos haha.

I don't like them for backgrounds for individual games, just for platforms. I think the "System Intro" videos are perfect for that purpose because they're just montages of games for various platforms. For individual games I prefer the normal format far and away though, and for those I use per-game "fanart" for the background. I'll mess around with making some backgrounds and see what I can come up with.

CriticalCid said I just don’t like it when the video is covered with all the text and images. It looks kinda messy to me...
Well that's exactly why I'm not entirely thrilled with making backgrounds haha. I'm really particular about how these look, so the idea that 75% of them would be covered in other images and text makes me a little "Mehhhh..." haha. It's not out of the question, it just presents some additional problems that I'm not sure how I can resolve currently. I'll do some experimenting though.

That’s why I use either very simple, dark or black&white backgrounds for my platforms. My post was just a generally statement how I feel about video backgrounds and not an additional request for you to great some background images. I’m more interested to see a full set of your logos for all the systems I use first ;)