LaunchBox Community Forums

The Big Ol' Retroarch Shader Thread

alexis524

I made some bloom versions of Razorgirl (renamed from Razor Girl to make them a little less unwieldy with more things added onto the name) along with no vignette and grain variants. I'll probably make some more bloom versions of some of the other presets, but some already have some bloom so it wouldn't make sense for all of them.

Zombs Shaders.zip

Razorgirl Molly Bloom:

Razorgirl-Molly-Bloom.thumb.png.af58a43869a206dbb1817043d420ff53.pngRazorgirl Molly Less Bloom:

Razorgirl-Molly-Less-Bloom.thumb.png.71ade52e232a6e088baa6b7ad0720afc.pngRazorgirl Bloom:

Razorgirl-Bloom.thumb.png.f18812a6074d010184fb8c63d8ee411c.pngRazorgirl Molly Less Bloom:

5a83b7ea330fa_Razorgirl-Molly-Less-Bloom2.thumb.png.2e64a84b834257206a7dff4b97177bbb.png

EDIT: Not sure what was going on with all the duplicate images... sorted now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like to try Zombeaver's shaders but when I select the preset in Retroarch nothing happens.  It looks the same as if no shader was applied and it doesn't add any Shader Passes or anything.  I just don't understand what I am doing wrong.  Is it because I have an AMD graphics card?

I don't have a way to test, but cg shaders should still work on AMD cards. It should just be integrated video that has some problems.

Are you sure you placed the folder in the right location? It needs to be Retroarch\shaders\Zombs Shaders\ specifically, and not say Retroarch\shaders\shaders_cg\Zomb Shaders\ or something.

I just discovered this thread and I'm very impressed by the evolution of your shaders Zombeaver, good job and thank you for sharing your work! 

I added your shaders to my retroarch config (the way you recommend it: Retroarch\shaders\Zombs Shaders\ ) but it seems that I can't find any of your custom ones...

Edited by Nocta

5 hours ago, IzutaRina said:

I did a bit more thorough check this time.  Some of them seem to work like the razor girl ones.  But other ones like neuromancer don't do anything.  It's quite strange.

If that's the case the only thing I can assume is that it is indeed some kind of video card related problem. They all follow the same relative path ".\shaders\Zombs Shaders\..." (the ".\" indicating the base Retroarch directory) so if any of them work, you've got them in the right directory. The only other thing I could think of would be to update Retroarch or something; I'm really not sure though. Updating your shader presets shouldn't matter one way or the other as the pack is self-contained - all the needed shader passes are contained in its own folder.

4 hours ago, Nocta said:

I just discovered this thread and I'm very impressed by the evolution of your shaders Zombeaver, good job and thank you for sharing your work! 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Nocta said:

I added your shaders to my retroarch config (the way you recommend it: Retroarch\shaders\Zombs Shaders\ ) but it seems that I can't find any of your custom ones...

I'm not sure what you mean here. As long as you place them in a path of "Retroarch\shaders\Zombs Shaders\" you should be able to load one of the presets by going to Quick Menu -> Shaders -> Load Shader Preset and then navigating into the Zombs Shaders folder:

image.thumb.png.52e86c36b0f6ed88686a9d9688aa6154.png

image.thumb.png.09c3b4e09392c09b79ff9c2ec3eb411b.png

19 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. As long as you place them in a path of "Retroarch\shaders\Zombs Shaders\" you should be able to load one of the presets by going to Quick Menu -> Shaders -> Load Shader Preset and then navigating into the Zombs Shaders folder

It's exactly what I've done... Weird. Maybe the brand new Retroarch release broke this? I'd be surprised. :|

56 minutes ago, Nocta said:

It's exactly what I've done... Weird. Maybe the brand new Retroarch release broke this? I'd be surprised. :|

They're still visible and work just fine in 1.7.1:

image.thumb.png.d58e32b5f00b57786dc4836bd2f0725a.pngIf you literally can't even see the list of presets, you've done something very wrong. The zip has a folder. The folder is named Zombs Shaders. That goes in Retroarch\shaders\ so you should have a path of Retroarch\shaders\Zombs Shaders\ [shader names].cgp

When you start a game, you go to Quick Menu -> Shaders -> Load Shader Preset then you have to go into the Zombs Shaders folder. You then see the list of presets (above). Pick one and press whatever your accept button is in Retroarch.

I don't know what you are/aren't doing, but something has gone wrong if you can't even see them in the list. I can't really tell you anything more than I have at this point. They still work in 1.7.1.

Sorry, English isn't my mother thong, sometimes I struggle a bit. :|

I mean that the shaders that are already included in Retroarch and that one can also find inside your folder (crt-hyllian and other like that) are recognised but not the ones you created.

Okay, I see the problem now. You're trying to load individual shader passes, and not presets.

Your first screenshot shows "select file" in the top left. This is not what it says if you're using the correct option - it'll say "shader preset".

You have to use this button:

image.thumb.png.47638db7b8bf3bb297a33911f210b8d0.pngWhich will then show this:

image.thumb.png.38260c4119374ecc14d54b87af90f96e.pngNOT this:

image.thumb.png.bdf2b08c94f8fc37d53f1aeb7c466c87.png

image.thumb.png.4a10318db28dacba9c920d96e197eb62.pngSelecting it there is choosing an individual pass, not an actual preset, which is a series of passes.

• Thanks 1