LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBoxPCSX2, an in-between launcher for LaunchBox and PCSX2

XoRRoX

Hi @XoRRoX, the joystick buttons shouldn't do anything when LaunchBox isn't in focus, sans for the controller automation stuff. Are you seeing the buttons doing things even when LaunchBox isn't in focus? I'm guessing maybe it's something else on your system that would cause that.

Hi @Jason Well, LaunchBox has focus at the moment I select and confirm a title (which doesn't launch the "title" but my in-between launcher with the title as a parameter.) When I only press the Confirm button (1), all's well. But when I hold, for example, button 9 or 10 and then press button 1, it jumps to the 1st title in the list and confirms that one.

Jason Carr said Sounds like it's competing with the Controller Automation features. So turning off controller automation should stop that, I think. I don't think it's on by default (it's a premium only feature). Can you confirm that?
Hmm, did some testing and discovered what happens - quite funky really :) I don't know if this makes sense to you and how likely it is to cause other problems with other users, but I leave that up to you ;) I have a PS2-style joystick which can be switched between Digital and Anolog use of the D-Pad. When I do this: 1. Joystick to digital; select title with the arrow that appears; button 1 (confirm) => Starts selected title 2. Exit game 3. Switch joystick to analog; select another title; Hold button (7 or 8 or 9 or 10); button 1 => Jumps to title selected in 1. and starts that one. In fact, after I selected any title in Digital-mode, any title I select (try to) confirm while holding down another button in Analog-mode, the previous title selected in Digital-mode always gets selected.. As the coder, could be that this makes sense to you of course :) If my description is not clear or anything, if needed I could record a video.

Are these answers/suggestions disguised as questions? ConfusedFrown While this scenario might not seem likely to occur for others, I'm giving feedback and details of when and how this occurs so it can be assessed to what extend it can possibly lead to issues for other users. Without that, I think you are jumping to conclusions in an actually quite unpleasant manner.

Hi @XoRRoX, this sounds like an odd issue that is probably related to your specific controller. What model of controller are you using? Apologies if that's further up in the thread. Unfortunately nothing is really making sense as to why any of that would be happening, based on your description. A video might help, but it's still probably going to be hard to follow without the controller in hand. Unfortunately this is probably gonna be a situation where the only way I'll be able to fix it is if I actually have that particular controller.

Jason Carr said Hi @XoRRoX, this sounds like an odd issue that is probably related to your specific controller. What model of controller are you using? Apologies if that's further up in the thread. Unfortunately nothing is really making sense as to why any of that would be happening, based on your description. A video might help, but it's still probably going to be hard to follow without the controller in hand. Unfortunately this is probably gonna be a situation where the only way I'll be able to fix it is if I actually have that particular controller.
Thanks. You knowing the code, if you don't foresee it potentially causing problems or confusion for others using a switchable analog/digital joystick, it's not that important. My intention was more to provide you with info to assess this than it's a problem for me personally per se. I can confirm that the Controller Automation feature is indeed off for non-premium users.

• 4 weeks later...
Zombeaver said This is a really great idea! I'll have to check this out as it should cut down setup time quite a bit. I've just been setting up each game with PCSX2's master config files until I'm happy with them and then copy them into the specific game's folder and then add a launch command to the game to direct it to those configs via -c "config folder location".
how do you do this i created a new thread before i saw this...... where do i put the command line argument i.e. --cfgpath="C:\Games\PCSX2 configs\FFX-inis"

• 1 month later...
jt_3o5 said how do you do this i created a new thread before i saw this...... where do i put the command line argument i.e. --cfgpath="C:\Games\PCSX2 configs\FFX-inis"
With LaunchBoxPCSX2 you don't need to do that anymore - you can have it create per-game configuration files for you. Else, if you want to do it manually, you need to put the --cfgpath parameter in Edit Game/Emulation/Use Custom Command-Line Parameters. You need to do this for every game separately though. ...that's why I created LaunchBoxPCSX2. You need just one emulator profile. By default, if there is no Game-Specific Configuration, it will use the PCSX2 Generic Configuration. If you let it create a Game-Specific Configuration, it will copy the Generic Configuration as a base (so you don't have to setup things from scratch). You can then do your configuration for that game in PCSX2. The next time you launch it, it will detect that GSC and use it. ;)

• 1 month later...

@XoRRoX Is there any reason it wouldn't work when launching through RocketLauncher?

Works fine when I replace the pcsx2.exe in the file execuatable command in LaunchBox, but in RocketLauncher when I point the emulation file location to LaunchBoxPCSX2 instead of PCSX2 it (LaunchBoxPCSX2) gives an error box saying "Game File not passed as last parameter or not passed at all."

I'm guessing the ahk file for launching PCSX2 passes some additional information for PCSX2 after the ROM file, which is messing up LaunchBoxPCSX2's expected command.

10 hours ago, timekills said:

@XoRRoX Is there any reason it wouldn't work when launching through RocketLauncher?

Works fine when I replace the pcsx2.exe in the file execuatable command in LaunchBox, but in RocketLauncher when I point the emulation file location to LaunchBoxPCSX2 instead of PCSX2 it (LaunchBoxPCSX2) gives an error box saying "Game File not passed as last parameter or not passed at all."

I'm guessing the ahk file for launching PCSX2 passes some additional information for PCSX2 after the ROM file, which is messing up LaunchBoxPCSX2's expected command.

I don't have RocketLauncher myself and I don't know if the RocketLauncher log file will provide enough info but could you try? I found directions on how to enable RL debug logging http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Troubleshooting
If you don't want to fiddle around yourself, just say so and I'll set something up over here, okay?

Edited by XoRRoX

I have the logs from RL using PCSX2 and using LaunchBoxPCSX2.

When I did a comparison, the PCSX2 log is significantly longer, mostly because PCSX2 is actually launched. 

Besides some initial differences (i.e. your application gives some details to RL regarding FileDescription, FileVersion, etc that PCSX2 doesn't pass) the only difference up until the log ends for the LaunchBoxPCSX2 version is where it says Module initialized - see below:

LaunchBoxPCSX2:

Modified:			9/12/2016 - 9:05:19 PM

16:27:52:161 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | Main - Running module

PCSX2:

Modified:			9/12/2016 - 9:05:19 PM

16:25:33:582 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | Main - Running module

16:25:33:747 | MD |      INFO  | +N/A   | Module initialized

After this the PCSX2 log continues for about 2600 more lines. The LaunchBoxPCSX2 log ends after the Main - Running module line and the LaunchBoxPCSX2 error box comes up.

For the record the application info section differenece (which I'm almost positive is irrelevant) is

LaunchBoxPCSX2:

16:27:52:116 | RL |     DEBUG  | +16    | CheckFile - Attributes:

FileDescription         	Launcher in between LaunchBox and PCSX2 enabling Game-Specific Configuration amongst other things

FileVersion             	0.0.0.

InternalName            	LaunchBoxPCSX2.ex

LegalCopyright          	(c) 2015 XoRRo

OriginalFilename        	LaunchBoxPCSX2.ex

ProductVersion          	0.0.0.

File Size:			1032192 bytes

Created:			9/15/2016 - 4:09:56 PM

Modified:			1/8/2016 - 10:57:32 AM

16:27:52:117 | RL |      INFO  | +0     | Main - INI Keys read

PCSX2:

16:25:33:428 | RL |     DEBUG  | +0     | CheckFile - Attributes:

File Size:			9153024 bytes