LaunchBox Community Forums

What Retroarch shaders do you use ?

Lordmonkus

To use the Lottes with 4xBR you simply load in Lottes shader and then add an extra pass and for that pass load in the 4xBR.

There are better options now since they have presets that achieve the same effect. In the CRT folder there is the 4xBR-hybrid-crt and 4xBR-hybrid-crt-b and in the CGP folder there is 2xbr-hybrid-crt-hyllian and 2xbr-crt-hylian.

All 4 of those shaders will give you a very similar look but I mainly either use the CRT-Royale-Kurozumi preset found in the CGP folder or CRT-Easymode-Halation preset found in the CRT folder. If the Easymode-Halation has too much bloom and glow on your display try the basic CRT-Easymode.

• 2 months later...

After solving the problem of MAME, finding an excellent scanline effect, which does not require a powerful PC to run, now I'd like to find something similar Also on retroarch.
I tried 4 or 5 shader, some were heavy, some were light but ineffective.
What do you recommend for Baytrail CPU with 4: 3 monitor?

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

No problem, also try Crt-Aperture out. I don't how well it performs on lower end hardware but it is only a single pass shader and it has become my go to shader for looks.

Thanks a lot, you're very kind though and amazing :)

• 3 months later...