LaunchBox Community Forums

Roms not importing

djcarnage

Hi, I'm having the same issue, unable to import certain ROMS. I have found one that is causing an issue: The Addams Family. The zip is named as - Addams Family The.zip Any ideas? Thanks. Actually, think I found the problem. I recopied the ROM and it imported ok. Possibly corrupt. Anyway all working now and loving Launchbox! Laugh

I have been scratching my head for the past 3 days on a very similar issue, if not the same. The first run at LB was version 5.5 and at the time, I had imported my NES, SNES, and N64 collection to test and had 0 issues. On a new build (fresh install --> 5.7), I imported the same NES set used for Hyperspin (uncompressed) @ 791 games, a good chunk would not port over (as in 157 of them). Decided to finally hit the board and see what was causing the issue and found this post. It was mentioned a bug in 5.6 caused some issues with Emumovies preventing importing so I figured for grins, leave it off. One of the games that did not import properly was Super Mario Brothers 3. This is what I have noticed: If I use Emumovies, and drag/drop Super Mario Brothers 3 over, it gives a 404 error, asks if I want to import it anyways (I say yes) and then says 0 games were imported If I do NOT user Emumovies, and drag/drop Super Mario Brothers 3 over, it ports just fine. Super Mario Bros 2 imported without an issue so from a naming perspective, the only difference is the number 2 and 3. I tested 2 this method on 2 other problematic games with success. At this point, I'll likely just delete and add the set again without Emumoives (which I am a paid member) Again, I've only spend a few hours here and there playing with LB and thus I've only imported my PC games and Nintendo sets (NES - Wii). So far, the only set experiencing this issue is the NES set which I suppose is why I'm a bit confused. I've attached an example trying to import Super Mario Bros. + Duck Hunt + World Class Track Meet game using Emumoviescapture1.pngcapture2.pngcapture3.png

Yea that is certainly a bug. If a game doesn't get found it is more than likely a name difference, but regardless if no metadata is found it should still import anyways and let you deal with it later 1 by 1 or all at once in the metadata downloader. I'm gonna pass this on to Jason and let him know about this, hopefully we can get that fixed quickly in a beta update really soon. Edit: Actually, he just let me know this will be fixed in the next version.

• 1 year later...

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to import Kessen and Kessen II (PS2), but I keep getting this at the end. I have tried with and without Emumovies. If I attempt to added it manually it finds the game in the database and attempts to download images, but once I click OK the game(s) don't show on Launchbox.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Espadadguerra

Sorry for late reply. I am barely starting my PS2 collection. I'm noticing that no matter what I am trying to import it does not show in Launchbox. I'm attempting to import the PC game Civilization VI and when I search for the metadata only Wikipedia shows. It goes for all games that I try to import, regardless of platform. I recently became a Premium Member and that's when I noticed this situation.

Thank You for your assistance.