LaunchBox Community Forums

Hiding the mouse pointer

Walrus13

Hi everybody Is there a way to have Launch Box hide the mouse pointer? im having an issue with Demul, i use it for Atomiswave games and Naomi, but for whatever reason it never hides the mouse pointer in full-screen, grrrr. I know rocket launcher has a hide mouse pointer option, but I think having a front end, rocket launcher and emulator is too many layers. Anywho thanks,

There isn't this option in LaunchBox, but the cursor doesn't exist in BigBox mode because it's primarily controlled with a controller or keyboard. However, you're more than welcome to suggest this as a feature in our BitBucket. Click Feature Request at the top of this page.

It just does it I believe as far as I can recall when Demul enters fullscreen it always hides the cursor for me I just ran a few Hikaru games also and while it doesn't go fullscreen on its own for some reason but once I manually go fullscreen then the cursor disappears.

Are you talking about your everyday cursor or the LaunchBox cursor that comes up when you are using a controller because I'm not using one and if that is what the OP is referring too then I don't have that issue. Would minimizing LB on start and then bringing it back up on exit help the situation by any chance.

Thanks for the quick replies, It is the windows mouse cursor that stays active for me and right in the middle of the screen of all places! This is on Windows 10 and just for Demul. Ive tried the most recent versions of Demul, they still have the issue for me. I tried testing, as one user said, to start demul in a window and then press alt enter, and indeed this does hide the cursor. But if i go into demul options and tick start in fullscreen it will always show the cursor...weird. Ideally im after a way to have demul start in fullscreen with no cursor, or a console command or something to press alt enter automatically, so i can play games with ease with just a controller in big box mode :) Thanks again

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not sure on a controller but on a keyboard you can just assign a key to move the mouse off screen. For my arcade cab I don't use the "p" key for Demul so in launchbox edit the emulator setting and where the AutoHotKey Script tab is you can add this. You can change the key you want or adjust how far you want the mouse to move but here's the basics.

$p::

{

MouseMove, 2000, 2000, 0

}

Edited by Sithel

Yes just checked it out, I found about 5 different entries for it.... In case anyone wants to vote it up here's the Link to vote

@Sithel thanks for the work around , the NoMousy additional app route works perfectly which means I don't need to press a key to remove the mouse cursor. So in the long run that's how I would prefer it it just takes way to long to manually edit every game :S