LaunchBox Community Forums

Hiding the mouse pointer

Walrus13

On March 21, 2016 at 9:24 PM, DOS76 said:

Yeah it hides for me every time. @Walrus13 what version of Windows are you running as that may have something to do with it.

You're lucky. For me the mouse pointer is always smack dab in the middle of the screen with Demul and Dolphin. I always move it to the bottom left corner. I just haven't got around to looking into how to hide the mouse pointer yet. Now seems like a good time to start looking as this has been irritating me haha. I haven't checked to see if it happens in BB too or not. 

Edit: happens for me in BB too. Ok time for a solution...

Edited by ckp

On March 21, 2016 at 8:54 PM, SentaiBrad said:
DOS76 said What version of Demul are you using? I just launched Dolphin Blue and it hides the cursor for me when it opens. I'm using the 12-22-2015 build.

Ooh, I didn't know that. Was it an option or did it do that on it's own?

It's a setting option  to "hide mouse cursor" in Dolphin's Graphics options. I just set it and it solves it for me with Dolphin. Now I need to figure out Demul,,,

NoMousy.exe worked for me with Demul Dreamcast as before and after additional app.

Now I only need to add this to 330 more games one by one - haha!

I guess if I want to use this globally for Demul, I'll have to run Demul with a batch file as the emulator and with the no mousy commands in the batch file.

I don't really like to run the emulators from batch files to solve issues like this. 

We really need a platform level additional apps feature for this and other things that it would be useful for.

@Jason Carr - do we have enough tickets and votes for this yet xD

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Agreed @ckp. Keep in mind though that you can do this already with AutoHotkey if you write a script to launch the app in the emulator's AutoHotkey section.

It would be much easier for me to write the script in batch :)

Edit: Oh, do you mean to just write the nomousy hide/unhide part? Yeah, I'll have to think about how that would go. Although I would prefer to keep this to the platform rather than the emulator since you can use more than one platform to an emulator, like Demul.

Edited by ckp

i added the ahk lines inside edit emulator ahk script tab to run nomousy, but it seems to be ignoring. if i run the same commands from command line it works.

can you write a normal ahk script inside this LB tab? i know the hotkey for closing the emulator works ok in there.

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@ckp Thanks for helping me find that AHK issue. I updated your Bitbucket post, but I've fixed the issue and should have a new beta out later today.

@Jason Carr : Note, that even today, the ahk script I have for daphne doesn't seem to execute the Xpadder kill line that is inside the $Esc:: events IF using xbox360 controller automation to escape, whereas it works fine if I press the Escape key on the keyboard. I thought the controller automation close-active-window feature was supposed to be the same as pressing keyboard escape to exit emulators, but it doesn't seem so and is still probably an issue even after your ahk fix.

I HOPE the controller automation close-active-window will indeed trigger the $Esc:: ahk events with your fix so we can turn off nomousy and kill Xpadder with your ahk fix, but I'm doubtful on that part :( . As a test maybe you can see if MsgBox comes up for you on controller automation escaping from some game with a controller.

just tried the new fix. it works, but there is still an issue.

for Demul and Dreamcast, it works now to run nomousy /hide and unhide from escape key exit or controller automation exit! thanks!!

but it doesn't work to exit Xpadder in ps1 and daphne using xbox360 exit emulator with controller automation. it does work if just pressing escape key on the keyboard. so, in the ahk script i first start Xpadder which now works fine with latest beta, then i have a taskkill of Xpadder on $Esc::, but Xpadder only gets killed if i exit with keyboard escape key and not if using xbox360 controller automation exit. 

Edited by ckp
correction

oddly, just trying to exit epsxe with controller automation causes epsxe to popup a message box asking if you really want to quit. but if you use the keyboard escape key, that doesn't happen. i've only seen that with epsxe. i don't see any setting in epsxe to not display that popup.  =/