LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi (Demul) in LaunchBox

angelobodetti

3 minutes ago, shadowblind said:

Sorry for the bump, but I can't figure out where I'm going wrong here trying to run Naomi on demul. I have "No space before Rom" checked, "Use File name only" checked, with this command line on the Associated Platform's list for Sega Naomi:

-run=Naomi -rom=

But when i try to launch a game, it brings up the game list instead. I followed this entire thread and the video tutorial twice. At the end of my rope trying to figure it out. Any help is appreciated :(

Change the "N" in Naomi to a lower case "n".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Change the "N" in Naomi to a lower case "n".

Sorry, that was actually a typo in the post on my part, haha. It is lowercase in the emulator.

Just wondering, but I'm using this emulator with the .bat files . . . is that the problem? Should I use the mame version instead?

EDIT: Here's the direct copy-paste: 

Sega Naomi -run=naomi -rom= True
Edited by shadowblind

Yep, mine looks the exact same, down to the T :(

I just tried a different ROM, Chaos Field, and it worked where Azumanga Bubble and Ikaruga didn't while launching from Launchbox. Both ROMS work when booted from Demul directly, however. I did this test with Chaos Field because when I tried to launch Azumanga, a list pops up in Demul with a number of games. Azumanga wasn't one of them, while Chaos Field was. I believe(?) that may have something to do with it . . .

So a new question, how do I add new games to DEMUL's Naomi games list?  Like, how do I add Azumanga for example, so I don't have to load it through the Decrypted button?

Thanks again for the help so far, neil!

Edited by shadowblind

So I've figured a few more things out. Any game listed in the DEmul compatibility file runs well if it's the MAME version. Any .dat version, however, needs to be manually loaded through the "Load Decrypted" button. Now I'm hoping to find a way that we can load .dat files into Launchbox without having to go through the games menu and Load button in Demul. There are a lot of good games that have .dat versions.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/20/2017 at 12:31 PM, shadowblind said:

So I've figured a few more things out. Any game listed in the DEmul compatibility file runs well if it's the MAME version. Any .dat version, however, needs to be manually loaded through the "Load Decrypted" button. Now I'm hoping to find a way that we can load .dat files into Launchbox without having to go through the games menu and Load button in Demul. There are a lot of good games that have .dat versions.

Just bumping this up in the hopes someone can help as i'm trying to do exactly this.

Is there any way to launch DEmul .dat files via the command line in Launchbox? They boot manually through DEmul by clicking the "Load Decrypted Rom" button but not in Launchbox using the command lines posted earlier in the thread.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2016 at 7:43 AM, DOS76 said:

Okay 1st off if you are using Demul for Dreamcast you will have to make a secondary emulator entry for Demul as the Dreamcast and the Arcade boards need different checkbox settings under manage emulators so if you set up one correctly it will break the other. To do this you do not need a separate copy of Demul you only need the emulator on your drive one time you just need to point LB to it twice with a different name the second time I prefer Demul[Arcade] but you can name it anything you want. Here is a post from another thread that may be helpful.

I had a question for you DOS76 regarding the above...

I'm not using Demul for Dreamcast so that's not an issue, but is my understanding correct with the following.

All systems in your images can be run with demul but if I want to run Gaelco games, it best to run another instance of Demul

eg Demul

and Demul [Gaelco games]

Can you explain the DX11 issue a little further

Using  demul07_111117

Edited by InfinityFox
adding more info

not sure on that haven't messed with it in a while I believe Gaelco had issues with the dx11 new plugin but worked with the old plugin. I know some people like the old plugin better so if you find that suitable then you could just use it for all the systems. This was all before that build you are using so never really tested it out with it and it may not be an issue any longer.

• Thanks 1

i have an issue to run the cave games,  if i run them manually everything works good. the naomi games working well.

my deafult command-line parameter for the cave games is:

-run=cave3rd -rom=  

i think the problem is with the command line, i f anyone can help me figure it out i would be greatful.

3 minutes ago, Eli631 said:

i have an issue to run the cave games,  if i run them manually everything works good. the naomi games working well.

my deafult command-line parameter for the cave games is:

-run=cave3rd -rom=  

i think the problem is with the command line, i f anyone can help me figure it out i would be greatful.

The command line is correct, but are you using the same demul as you use for dreamcast?

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The command line is correct, but are you using the same demul as you use for dreamcast?

nope, i use second one for the naomi\naomi2 roms.

i try for the past 4 hours to figure what the problem is but dont have any clue, everything seems right.

i tried to delete all other commands and just leave the cave one for test. but all i get is flash of window open and close and leave me with the demule emulator open.

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Do your settings match these?Also do you have the bios file, and is demul pointed to it?

first of all thank you for the help.

and my settings are exactly like that, as i mentioned befor, if i open demule>run "cave CV1000" and load the rom manually it works.

i checked all previous pages of this thread befor asking for help :).

it seems like something dont work with the command, it wont open demul into load the "cave" roms.

btw sorry about my english.

Edited by Eli631

• 2 months later...