LaunchBox Community Forums

Quit / Exit Emulators

martinh32

Hello all, Just found this amazing bit of software and it looks like it's just the job for what I want to do. But, I've tried it out and I can't seem to find any way to exit the emulators using the 360 controller. I'm not using BigBox (although if I can get this working I will be purchasing it - can't see the point in using BigBox if I've to get off the sofa). I've read previous posts and there doesn't seem to be a solution to this. I'm using Windows 10. Thanks in advance
  • Like 1

You can definitely do this, you need to check your settings in this area: AutoHotKey.PNG This will enable you to hold the start and select button at the same time on the controller, which will exit every emulator. Make sure you have Joystick input enabled as well, in this page of the options: AutoHotKey2.PNG

Works fine on Windows 10, I have LaunchBox running on Windows 10 64bit, Windows 10 32Bit, and Windows 7 64bit, I have a wireless 360 controller working perfectly on all three systems. The issues that people seem to be having with Windows 10 are related to the Xbox One controller, and Microsoft's changed to Direct Input, but this does not seem to effect the 360 controller.

CADScott said Works fine on Windows 10, I have LaunchBox running on Windows 10 64bit, Windows 10 32Bit, and Windows 7 64bit, I have a wireless 360 controller working perfectly on all three systems. The issues that people seem to be having with Windows 10 are related to the Xbox One controller, and Microsoft's changed to Direct Input, but this does not seem to effect the 360 controller.
Perfect - thanks for your speedy response - much appreciated :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an item to tack on to this, similar issue.

I've set up the automation to make it so select/start exit the running emulator.   What I'm running into is I use 4 Xbox controllers at the same time with friends.  It seems as if one of us presses select, and one of us presses start (imagine the likely scenarios in MAME with credit/start buttons) it will treat them as being pressed at the same time and exit.

Can I tell bigbox to only recognize the Xinput 0, and no other inputs for these commands?

15 minutes ago, LuckyDay said:

I have an item to tack on to this, similar issue.

I've set up the automation to make it so select/start exit the running emulator.   What I'm running into is I use 4 Xbox controllers at the same time with friends.  It seems as if one of us presses select, and one of us presses start (imagine the likely scenarios in MAME with credit/start buttons) it will treat them as being pressed at the same time and exit.

Can I tell bigbox to only recognize the Xinput 0, and no other inputs for these commands?

BigBox will only accept single commands, or your previously setup buttons, as you say mame could be a nightmare. but you can also set your buttons in mame!!

Thanks, not sure setting up the commands in MAME would help, the bigbox shortcuts would still be shared with the buttons mapped to MAME.

What I've done for now as a workaround is set the R3 and L3 buttons as the exit buttons in Big Box.  This solves the issue in MAME (these are never used in MAME), but could be a problem in other emulators that use those sticks where they may be pressed simultaneously.

1 minute ago, LuckyDay said:

Thanks, not sure setting up the commands in MAME would help, the bigbox shortcuts would still be shared with the buttons mapped to MAME.

What I've done for now as a workaround is set the R3 and L3 buttons as the exit buttons in Big Box.  This solves the issue in MAME (these are never used in MAME), but could be a problem in other emulators that use those sticks where they may be pressed simultaneously.

No the big box shortcut should stick to the main controller.,

Ahh, I see what you're saying.  It's MAME's fault it is recognizing the other controllers.

In that case, I'll leave Start/Select as the hotkeys for Bigbox (because other emulators won't have an issue with it), and I'll remap Coin/Start in MAME to the sticks.   Since the sticks aren't used in MAME, that should solve the problem.

• 5 months later...

Is it true that the 'Close application' bind (Start + Back) on my Xbox 360 controller doesn't function when I use MameUI64 as my Mame Emulator in Big Box?

I use RetroArch for all other systems, but can't find a proper MAME configuration within RetroArch for all my MAME games. Most times RetroArch crashes immediately when starting a MAME game.

And is there a solution to be able to close MAMEUI64 with my controller and going back to Big Box?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by MisterTP

8 minutes ago, MisterTP said:

Is it true that the 'Close application' bind (Start + Back) on my Xbox 360 controller doesn't function when I use Mame64UI as my Mame Emulator in Big Box?

I use RetroArch for all other systems, but can't find a proper MAME configuration within RetroArch for all my MAME games. Most times RetroArch crashes immediately when starting a MAME game.

And is there a solution to able to close MAME64UI with my controller and going back to Big Box?

Thank you in advance!

Yeah start + back does not work for me either and im also using MAMEUI64. What i did is i use the analog stick in mame so the d pad buttons are free, so i have up on the dpad to bring up the config screen and down on the dpad is set to cancel in the MAMEUI config screen which goes back when in the menus but quits mame if i press while just playing a game. So long story short, i press down on the dpad to quit mame and go back to bigbox. 

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

See i have UI Cancel on dpad down it goes back in those menus, but quits when just playing a game.

Screenshot (131).png

Wow, thanks Neil9000 for your incredible fast replies and solutions. I'm going to test this tonight, thanks again man!

2 minutes ago, MisterTP said:

Wow, thanks Neil9000 for your incredible fast replies and solutions. I'm going to test this tonight, thanks again man!

No probs, obviously you can make that any button you want i just wanted it somewhere where i would't accidentally hit it while i was frantically hammering away at the buttons!! :) 

Edit:

So essentially up brings up that screen and down closes it.

Edited by neil9000