LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo

kerszr

• 1 year later...

i folowed PRIME's youtube video for neo geo by the letter but i still cannot launch games from launchbox or retroarch etiher my game files are ziped with multiple files in them i dont know if they are correct games pls can somone tell me what files need to be inside the neogeo games folders i dont know what im doing workng and i realy want to play those games through launchox

Each games zip file will have different files inside of them, they are the different roms and they work differently than normal console roms where it is just a single file.

The emulator requires each game to be in its own self contained zip file. Here is an example screenshot of my NeoGeo roms folder:5a7255673cf9c_2018-01-3118_46_10-NeoGeo.thumb.png.1d878de62070b0e613d7752478f80194.pngSince you mention your games won't load in Retroarch outside of Launchbox make sure you have a neogeo.zip file in amongst your rom files, this is the bios and it has to be in the same location as your roms.5a7255b5a0769_2018-01-3118_47_53-NeoGeo.png.f18707b4f1671de32e8af054c1874faa.pngInside that file should be a bunch of files that should look similar (but may slightly differ) to this.

5a725605cf2ff_2018-01-3118_48_31-H__Emulation_Roms_NeoGeo_neogeo.zip_.thumb.png.c2d22c95f29c4e2afaf3869c22426b45.pngThere are also a couple of different emulators that supports the NeoGeo roms, Mame and FBA. There are also different versions of those cores so try the different ones out because your rom versions may not be compatible with whatever core you are trying to use depending on when and where you obtained them.