LaunchBox Community Forums

Stellar ~ RetroArch Nightly Updater

21 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

This new v0.8.4 beta version crashes on my Win7 laptop, whereas the v0.8.3 beta version does not. I don't know what to tell you since I don't see a log file. Please let me know what I can do to help debug it.

Go to C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Stellar and delete the config folders.

If that doesn't fix it, I will have to add some error checks that display a message so we can identify where the problem is.

I will have to get to it tomorrow, Im away from my PC.

Go to C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Stellar and delete the config folders.

If that doesn't fix it, I will have to add some error checks that display a message so we can identify where the problem is.

I will have to get to it tomorrow, Im away from my PC.

Sorry, I should have mentioned I already tried deleting the config folders. I shall await your test build.

Hi @wyzrd I'm having some issues with the latest version also. Whenever i try to update RA+Cores i get a "cannot connect to server" error, when i close that error it is followed with a "could not find download" error, see attached shot's. If i just run the update "Cores" option i also get the "cannot connect to server" error but upon closing the error the cores appear to download just fine. So i'm not sure what is happening here, but thought i should let you know. Also this is on the latest Windows 10 64bit.

Screenshot (269).png

Screenshot (270).png

@dragon57 @neil9000

I've identified the crash and replaced the download with a fixed version.

The Buildbot Date List was going out of range when it checked for mismatched cores. 

The "Cannot connect to sever" error only happens if the scanned url returns empty. It connects to the hidden index-extended file in the Buildbot directory. I will look into this.

I will work on v0.8.5 and redesign so no more errors will occur.

• Like 1

Update 0.8.5

DQrZrzD.png

https://github.com/StellarUpdater/Stellar/releases/tag/v0.8.5-beta

The last release was broken, thanks all for the reports.
I've redesigned half of the program and how Core comparison works.
I've tested on both Windows 10 and 7, it appears to fetch the correct RetroArch and Cores.

It accounts for whether there are Unknown or Missing Cores, and if either the PC or Buildbot List is larger than the other.
It also double checks until both Lists Dates are in sync, and I've placed Error messages throughout the program.

If some Cores continue to reappear after updating, it may be because of the PC/Server time zones. If anyone can find out what time zone the Server is.
It's still in beta, as there may be configurations I've not tested, let me know if this has solved the problems.

Change Log

• Redesigned Core Comparison
  • Improved Accuracy
  • Fixed Crashes

Notes

• If program starts with a white background, go to Configure → Clear Saved, restart program.
  • If program crashes or cores not synced, go to C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Local\Stellar and delete the old configs.
  • If you receive "Error: Cannot connect to Server", try a few times, it may have failed to download the cores list.
  • If certain cores are throwing the updater out of sync, delete them and use "New Cores" option to download a new version.

Menu Options

• New Install - Installs RetroArch, Redistributables, & Cores. Replaces Configs with default.
  • Upgrade - Upgrades RetroArch to the latest version, including Redistributables and Configs.
  • RetroArch - Updates RetroArch to the latest version, excluding Redistributables and Configs.
  • RA + Cores - Updates RetroArch and currently installed Cores.
  • Cores - Updates currently installed Cores.
  • New Cores - Installs Cores that are newly releseased or missing from your current install.
  • Redist - Installs Redistributables. Helpful if RetroArch won't start after update.

@Retro808 @Mizar @JamesBaker @Rincewind @dragon57 @neil9000

Edited by wyzrd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Update 0.8.6

IhEI6dK.png

https://github.com/StellarUpdater/Stellar/releases

You can now update Stellar from the menu instead of downloading manually from GitHub.

Change Log

• Added Self-Updater
  • Improved new window positioning
  • Window saves position on exit
  • Fixed Progress Info not displaying underscore

Menu Options

Troubleshooting

@Retro808 @Mizar @JamesBaker @Rincewind @dragon57 @neil9000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...