LaunchBox Community Forums

Stellar ~ RetroArch Nightly Updater

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, spectral said:

has this stopped working for anyone else? it's not been working for me since at least yesterday. I get the error "error: problem creating Retroarch list from HTML"

3 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yes, it's not working and needs an update from the author.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/i-made-a-nightly-updater-program/5617/111

3 hours ago, spectral said:

Ahh, fingers crossed he's still interested in updating it. It has been really useful

I will work on a fix.

Edited by wyzrd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yeah it's handy despite certain members of the RA team not liking it because it uses up their server bandwidth.

The site Admin actually said he liked the program as it would save bandwidth, since people wouldn't be downloading the large packages and only the files they need.

Great to hear You'll be updating. Other the LB and the emulators themselves its the app I'd hate to lose the most.  I couldn't see one on the site but if you ever set up a donations paypal or something I'd be happy to at least buy you a drink or two.

Edited by spectral

Update 0.8.7

program.jpg

I added support for Gzip page compression when it downloads the HTML list. Also changed the URL to raw.libretro.com.

You'll need to download and replace the Stellar.exe manually this time. GitHub changed their server Security Protocol Type preventing download, which has been fixed in this version.

There may be new bugs after making these changes, let me know how it works.

https://github.com/StellarUpdater/Stellar/releases

Change Log

• Fixed HTML Download Parse Gzip compression support
  • Fixed GitHub Security Protocol Type support
  • Fixed New Window monitor support
  • Fixed Threading Crash

Menu Options

Troubleshooting

@Retro808 @Mizar @JamesBaker @Rincewind @dragon57 @neil9000 @spectral @TheMadMan007 @Mizar

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

27 minutes ago, Mizar said:

@wyzrd So far so good! Thanks as always for your great work and quick response! :)

I noticed it would sometimes hang when downloading RetroArch, but not the cores.
It might have something to do with the C# GZipStream or StreamReader and the libretro server.

I added a few more optimizations and a "Fetching RetroArch" progress info so you can see if it ever gets stuck.

Now that you're on v0.8.7, you can easily update it from the menu, just select Stellar.

Edited by wyzrd