LaunchBox Community Forums

Stellar ~ RetroArch Nightly Updater

Update 0.8.8

program.jpg

I added a switch that automatically detects if the dated RetroArch 7z files can't be found on the raw server and changes to the buildbot server.

I removed GZip support as it is working without it now, which prevents having to make 2 server requests (1 gzip, 1 uncompressed) and is easier on the server traffic.

If it does not work correctly when the servers return to normal I will add back in the GZip code and release a small fix.

Download

https://github.com/StellarUpdater/Stellar/releases

Or Select Stellar from the Download Menu.

Change Log

• Added raw and buildbot server switch
  • Updated Manual

Menu Options

Troubleshooting

@Retro808 @Mizar @JamesBaker @Rincewind @dragon57 @neil9000 @spectral @TheMadMan007 @Mizar @Daliant

Edited by wyzrd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@wyzrd

Thanks for the updates!!

quick question, i have my LB setup on my NAS. I have the NAS mapped as a network drive and it shows in explorer but when ever i run Stellar in does not show in the list.

image.png.f93c8bc02fc5549e3bcca7f8c219e2d8.pngMy NAS for whatever reason does not show up in the network category either...

do you have any ideas for me or is there a way to have your browser for folder window show mapped drives?

Thanks

Mass

• 3 weeks later...

Update 0.8.9

https://stellarupdater.github.io

Download

Or Select Stellar from the Download Menu. Note: 0.8.8 crashes on self-update. Press the Check button first, then Update.

Change Log

• Added Manual Server Switch
  • Removed Automatic Server Switch
  • Improved Clear Saved Settings

Menu Options

Troubleshooting

@Retro808 @Mizar @JamesBaker @Rincewind @dragon57 @neil9000 @spectral @TheMadMan007 @Mizar @Daliant

Edited by wyzrd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TheMadMan007 said:

Sweet, thanks man! What is the difference between the buildbot and RAW builds?

I'm not actually sure, something to do with unprocessed versions of files, and someone said it was more reliable than the buildbot server. Though raw has been missing files for weeks now while buildbot is fine.

Every once in a while files go missing on one of the servers, so now a notification will pop up if it encounters a problem downloading and you'll be able to switch.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion. Could you expand the plugin to do the same with other emulators turning it into a emulator provider updater for launchbox? Jason told us that acording the comertial license of launchbox he can't integrate a emulator downloader inside main app.

Good work pal.

6 minutes ago, Freestate said:

I have a suggestion. Could you expand the plugin to do the same with other emulators turning it into a emulator provider updater for launchbox? Jason told us that acording the comertial license of launchbox he can't integrate a emulator downloader inside main app.

Good work pal.

I think thats a big ask there if im honest, this was specifically for retroarch. You realise how many different emulators there are? I would guess its in its hundreds, and you want him to keep all that up to date? Its not difficult to go to the emulators site and check for updates if you want one. Also to be honest im of the opinion that if it works dont break it.

18 minutes ago, Freestate said:

Good work pal.

Also just to correct you this isnt even a Launchbox plugin, its a standalone .exe that was just advertised here as it was handy for our users. Its not a Launchbox thing per se.

• 4 months later...

Update 0.9.0

zeHxYrg.png

This new version will try to give the Libretro Server Admin a way to help conserve the bandwidth by adding a User-Agent Header "Stellar Updater" to identify.

It also has an Update Notification that will appear in the Title Bar if there is a new Stellar release.

Download

Or Select Stellar from the Download Menu.

Change Log

• Added New Release Self-Update Notifier in Title Bar
  • Added Internet Connection Check if Offline
  • Added User-Agent Header for Server Admin
  • Optimized Controls using C# MVVM

Menu Options

Troubleshooting

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm thinking of adding a config.ini that saves your RetroArch path, Custom 7-Zip/WinRAR path, and Selected Theme.

Right now the program uses a Windows %AppData% temp file to store the config (that's how these C# programs save settings by default) but it is lost when upgrading Stellar to a new version and you have to redo your settings each time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wyzrd said:

I'm thinking of adding a config.ini that saves your RetroArch path, Custom 7-Zip/WinRAR path, and Selected Theme.

Right now the program uses a Windows %AppData% temp file to store the config (that's how these C# programs save settings by default) but it is lost when upgrading Stellar to a new version and you have to redo your settings each time.

That's a great idea! I'm all for it.