LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox.xml , heavy file

neogetter

good morning all

yesterday i finish to import the games, total of 100.000 games...

now launchbox it's start to be very slow, every thing i do is very slow, big box needs lot of time to starts and move... 150 mb of xml file

When i try to use lightspeed, it give me an error "out of memory , line 1542 - atari - game" etc... 

suggestions for make it more light? 

Honestly this is the first time i've seen such a large collection and I don't know how launchbox and big box react to this.

I used to struggle when I had around 30,000 games so I curated my collection and reduced it and since then everything is smooth and fast.

How many cache are you allocating? Have you tried disabling the cache?

mmm no.. , now i'm downloading all meta data, after i finish (in the afternoon) , i will disable and let u know.. :)

i have a suggestion, create more launchbox instances, like 5 folders with 5 launchbox and 5 launchbox.xml 

like:

launchbox A-C

launchbox D-H

Launchbox I-P

etc...

good evening all ^_^

lol...100.000 i think are all the games ever created from the first pc to the dreamcast... i did't added gamecube and ps2 , too bigs for now....i found a way to clear the entire tosecs without clones or duplicates :D

now bigbox is very slow, it takes 5 minutes to open and it crashes sometimes lol...

impossible to setup everything on launchbox without wait 30 second every move i do... lol

a new heat for you jason :D

thanks for the support!

p.s. switching to WMP may fixed the problem of main video...but i need to confirm next days