LaunchBox Community Forums

Silver Ring - ClearLogo Set

viking

• 3 weeks later...

You can put them in several places depending on what you want to do. If you want for all themes can put the Category groupings and Playlists in

• LaunchBox\Images\Platform Categories
  • LaunchBox\Images\Playlists

Alternatively, I put them in the specific theme directory so I can change to another theme and the specific art and movies are setup for that theme without having to fiddle around changing things. Eats up some drive space but to me it is easier to keep track of where things are located or make the art specific to the them without impacting others. So for example, for the Unified Redux theme if going the "per theme" route then they are located as such (you may have to add the folders):

image.thumb.png.af00baae2ad3694ac9ef1f0ff10eff9b.pngimage.thumb.png.dffe323739aad81de7e5137f9344496a.png

Videos are the same organization within the Video folder.

Edited by sundogak

15 hours ago, sundogak said:

You can put them in several places depending on what you want to do. If you want for all themes can put the Category groupings and Playlists in

Alternatively, I put them in the specific theme directory so I can change to another theme and the specific art and movies are setup for that theme without having to fiddle around changing things. Eats up some drive space but to me it is easier to keep track of where things are located or make the art specific to the them without impacting others. So for example, for the Unified Redux theme if going the "per theme" route then they are located as such (you may have to add the folders):

image.thumb.png.af00baae2ad3694ac9ef1f0ff10eff9b.pngimage.thumb.png.dffe323739aad81de7e5137f9344496a.png

Thank you!  I wasn’t sure if the “frequent/flying games/etc” were considered playlists or had a specific location. 

Thanks for the generating these logos, very helpful for those of us that are Gimp/PS challenged.  With the recent playlist auto generator, I see the following genres that I don't see a logo for in existing sets. Sorry if missed in thread:

Genres (in LB DB)

• Compilation
  • Visual Novel

Regions

• World
  • Asia  (to catch China, Australia, Korea etc.)
  • South America (to catch Brazil, etc.)

Play Modes

• 2-Player Simultaneous
  • 2-Player Alternating

27 minutes ago, sundogak said:

Thanks for the generating these logos, very helpful for those of us that are Gimp/PS challenged.  With the recent playlist auto generator, I see the following genres that I don't see a logo for in existing sets. Sorry if missed in thread:

Genres (in LB DB)

• Compilation
  • Visual Novel

Regions

• World
  • Asia  (to catch China, Australia, Korea etc.)
  • South America (to catch Brazil, etc.)

Play Modes

• 2-Player Simultaneous
  • 2-Player Alternating

@sundogak Good catch. I'll add these to my work load queue. This may take a few days. I have other commitments ahead of these.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:00 PM, sundogak said:

Hi, thanks for clearing that up for me on where these awesome rings should go.  I put them in the theme folder too for my Unified Redux but noticed that my Platform Categories don't show up (Genre, Play Modes) even after running Image Cache refresh?  Do I need to run the LB categories again?  Thanks!

38 minutes ago, xman said:

Hi, thanks for clearing that up for me on where these awesome rings should go.  I put them in the theme folder too for my Unified Redux but noticed that my Platform Categories don't show up (Genre, Play Modes) even after running Image Cache refresh?  Do I need to run the LB categories again?  Thanks!

Yeah, it is a bit confusing and my screen snap was before I had reorganized and/or figured it out.  Priority of how LB picks Logos and Videos for Playlists and Platform Categories is:

• Playlists:  Unique Name >>> Nested Name (if no Unique Name).  This is the reason you can have an "Racing" logo and will pickup under multiple platforms.
  • Platform Categories:  Unique Name only.  So you have to have the exact Unique Name of the Category for each logo/video as listed in the LB Edit Platform Category window.  So for example on the Genre logo I have logos named "Atari 2600 Genres" and "Atari 5200 Genres", etc.  They are the same round logo but it will not pickup otherwise.  Newer screenshot where I have working logos is below. You can also do by folders within the Images directory but again they have to be the Unique Name of your Category, not the Nested Name. I tried to not get too complicated so folders seemed to be more work.  If you download the clear logos that are associated with the Refried theme you will see all the folders he had to make since he has unique logos (not round ones like in this thread) for each and every Category. 

Playlist Categories

image.thumb.png.5f4a4a773041d6b82da7710c3a9eadeb.pngPlaylists (you will notice I have a "games" version for Mame and non-version for all others. I didn't feel like renaming the playlists each time I reimport Mame so this seemed easier. 

image.thumb.png.f413c305a7d50f97baca57a53ee5e03b.png

Edited by sundogak