LaunchBox Community Forums

X68000 - Mess Tutorial

Lordmonkus

It's worth mentioning that, as I brought up previously, for games that are more than two disks, different combinations of disks will do different things. In the case of Aquales, disks 2 + 3 are for the intro and disks 1 + 3 are for the game. So you'll need to make separate .cmds for these combinations and name them accordingly.

59131a44dae64_AqualesCMDs.thumb.PNG.10b9fca86541215ea8f7302151fa0390.PNG59131a5df0c93_AqualesIntro.thumb.jpg.efd750025f56e093d54e15274293a158.jpg59131a6587f1e_AqualesGame.thumb.jpg.b546dc1f0d8c4edb36e098dffc73cea7.jpgThe good news is, now that we've got auto-consolidation in LB, you should be able to drop both of these cmds into LB and it'll add them both to a single library entry with additional app entries for each option. This is exactly what I was already doing, but this process is much faster.

5 hours ago, ciskohansen said:

Aquales is not working for  me, black screen

Are you using the right combination of disks?

2+3 = Intro

1+3 = Game

It won't work if you're using a different combination, a different order, or missing any of the disks involved. If I had to guess, I'd say you've got the disks in the wrong order in the .cmd. I've noticed that the bat sometimes doesn't put them in the right order. You can just open up the cmd with a text editor and swap them around if that's the case.

There are also bad dumps of some x68k games floating around, so that's a possibility too.

5 hours ago, ciskohansen said:

Daimakamura ask for human.sys disk.

It's working for me, though the first dump I tried didn't. If it's asking for the system disk, you've probably got the disks in the wrong order.

59145ddcd273d_DaimakaimuraDisks.thumb.jpg.851bdf20b735589adf9037d20e098cd6.jpgDaimakaimura.thumb.jpg.fca12ad2d6c6fcd10ad59f150a78e16d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/5/2017 at 2:59 PM, Zombeaver said:

Etoile Princess Disks 1 (System) + 2 (Data 1):

592d6c346e18b_EtoilePrincess.thumb.jpg.6aaddcb2625ce0c18ebbbd44ce6d1ea1.jpg(presumably you'd need 1+3 later)

Star Trader Disks 1 + 2:

592d6c9c4a232_StarTrader.thumb.jpg.4e3408051495146c447961879ffb32f8.jpg

thanks.

One hour checking out these two  games and on the other hand Aquales and Choujin . I give up, I have tried to convert again and download from other webs and they are not working, black screen.

Assuming you've got the necessary bios files and you've setup your RAM/etc. settings appropriately, the most likely culprit is your .cmd files not having the disks in the right order. The creator bat seems to be picky about the way you select/drag the files onto it and will reverse them in the created .cmd if you don't do it the way it wants.

36 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Assuming you've got the necessary bios files and you've setup your RAM/etc. settings appropriately, the most likely culprit is your .cmd files not having the disks in the right order. The creator bat seems to be picky about the way you select/drag the files onto it and will reverse them in the created .cmd if you don't do it the way it wants.

thanks, the problem was about the creator bat, I did it manually and now it is working, except Aquales.

Do you move into launchbox both files,game and intro like only one?

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by ciskohansen

• 2 weeks later...

The latest core version has memory and CPU clock options in the core options now. You can set your memory to 12 MBytes and your CPU speed to 200% to speed up game loading time significantly without any bad side effects to the gameplay itself that I have found in any test games.

• Like 1

Yeah, haha. You can, of course, still check it in .cmd form by simply dragging it into Notepad++ (or equivalent); but given that most people aren't going to have .cmds with a file association of Notepad that'd be one extra step beyond double clicking on it. It's just that it's marginally less time-consuming to drag it into Notepad to verify than it is to double click on it, verify, then rename the file extension.