LaunchBox Community Forums

X68000 - Mess Tutorial

Lordmonkus

For those of you who struggle with an Xbox 360 controller with games supporting more than 2 buttons in XM6 TypG emulator (xm6g) (EX: Super Street Fighter 2)

** I can't figure out a way to SAVE the settings once made though, forcing me to remap the controller each time I play the game... ** ANY SOLUTION TO THIS? 

Anyways, this is how I got mine mapped (note: I prefer the classic SNES controller-style design that has HAR PUNCH mapped to LEFT button, and HARD KICK mapped to right bumper) so this is how you do it. Go to OPTIONS / JOYSTICK, under device A, choose controller WIRED CONTROLLER, then click SETUP:

attached is how I mapped mine to work perfectly...at least for the time being until it gets wiped on every time I start it up again... :-(

xm6_typeG_xbox360_6buttoncontroller.JPG

^ I was only able to save the settings up saving a new STATE file, so that meant making the changes to controller as per above, RESETTING the game loading all 6 discs again and then saving it during the title sequence...is there a way to simply save the controller config that anyone know off with XM6? (I'm using XM6 TypeG)

21 minutes ago, Patham said:

I don't use XM6G, XM6-Pro-68K is what I use and it quits without any issues.

I tried to use that too...then noticed the D pad doesn't work, only joystick, and also some graphics are broken in it, like the Dracula game, the floating eyes on first battle level the floating eye creature CLIPS in and out of the background, and in street fighter Guile's stage, some of the back of the plane tail is missing totally, etc...doesn't happen with Type G at all...

The previous post about save state wasn't really a fix after all....now when I load street fighter it's fine with that save; controls work....but it changes that controller configuration permanately for other games too, and now some games will work with that (Space harrier ), while others like Image Fighter DO NOT...I have to set it back...UGH!

Screw it! I fixed it by duplicating the emulator into a folder XM6G_2Button and, then fixing the controls as per instructions above for Street Fighter Games, running it from a save state,,,and I'll only use the other emulator for the standard 2 button games which is most of them...not an elegant solution and costs me about 40MB more of space (only), but it seems to be working that way....

This was, each emulator can keep the same controller config that way and not be switched back and forth by save states...was driving me crazy... now it just works.

Well for the record, now it doesn't work....sigh....I copied the emulator folder on my drive, changed the one (folder name) to xm6g_2button (the old one is just xm6g), and kept the config'd one for the 6button games (street fighter games) as the original, but now all the 2button ones play audio but show black screen..only way I can see that it shows anything is if I go to menu top and choose VIEW / VIDEO / 65k (unplayable).  For all games, 6button and 2 button...I changed the .ini in the 6butotn folder with notepad++ to update the path a few places that still had the old one....and it didn't help.

Gonna throw my monitor through the window in a second...so close, now I'm 10 steps backward. 

• 1 year later...