LaunchBox Community Forums

StationEmulation Theme

viking

Yes, the platform is listed twice. If I make exact original theme, I must put :

• platform logo on the top left.
  • platform name on the top right.

The problem of the game list top logo is that if I remove, I also removes the GameClearLogo (once you selected a game). It's all or nothing. But I'll have to leave the GameClearLogo top left.

So, I'll try to break away from the original them. (a little ;))

@UP_AND_ATOM : nope, not yet. We expect a Launch Box update for that !

Edited by viking

UPDATE v1.2.0 !!!

• 5 Platform page variant.
  • 5 Game page variant.

For the platform logo "problem", I have a solution: switch them ! Suddenly, the top right logo comes directly from the list module. No more problems, duplicates and kept the GameLogo as well !! Just think to activate the option in the Big Box settings. (see pictures)

I also declined several variations and create explanatory images on the download page. I let you take a look and tell me if you have any bugs!

Platform_View_Details.jpgGames_View_01.jpgGames_View_02.jpgGames_View_03.jpgGames_View_04.jpgGames_View_05.jpg

• Like 3

Wow ! Thx guys !! What a pleasure, especially because I am a totaly noob in code !

@ALIE : For me, the page # 03 and # 04 are better with video background.

• # 03 with scanline: for video background.
  • # 04 without scanline: fanart for background.

What do you think ?

@Jason Carr : Yes. Especially as my code is certainly not perfect by far! And add at default theme a copy is perhaps not the right signal sent, even if EmulationStation is open source. No ?

• Like 1

You've made a lot of progress lately! I personally prefer Games View #01 with video off, but I'm glad you're including more options for people who want a more graphical Games View UI.

I've been looking through EmulationStation's repository to find the images they use for consoles since I think they fit the theme really well. So far I haven't had any luck but I'm still digging. I'll post them here if I find where they're being stored.

Edited by UP_AND_ATOM

I managed to find all 68 of the platform images in the compiled version of  EmulationStation. They were all encoded as SVG vector images, so I converted them to transparent PNGs at 75 DPI. They should look really sharp on all screens, even though most are smaller than the ones that come bundled with LaunchBox.

I renamed all of them to match LaunchBox's naming convention, except for the consoles that LaunchBox doesn't support. I left those images in so they can be used in the future and kept the original ES names.

I also included the star icons for ratings and favorites that ES is using, just in case anyone needed them.

Feel free to use as many of them as you like. Let me know if you run into issues and I'll be happy to make a new batch for anybody who needs different sized images.

Just one thing to note: Once you move these images into the Themes/[theme name]/Images/Platforms/Clear Logo folder, make sure to open Big Box, go to Options > Image Cache, and select Refresh Platform Wheel Images. Once you do that you will see the new platform images in the main view. Enjoy!

platforms-png.zip

platforms-svg.zip

Edited by UP_AND_ATOM
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi, and thanks a lot for this awesome theme !

I will using it on my Vewlix for sure !

But I wanted to change just a little thing, but I didn't succed :(

I wanted to hide the title screen, and show the details of the game instead (like the number of players, type of the game, serie etc ....) But I'm just too bad in XAML :(

Can you help me to do this please ? I think that I need to show a block text "details" but everytime I tried, I just screw up your theme :/

Thanks a lot in advance if you (or somebody) can help me to do it