LaunchBox Community Forums

StationEmulation Theme

viking

@AeronNL : Thx !!! ^_^

OK for the request. I will look at the source code and see if I can adapt it to this theme.

The cut platform name, it must come from the fact that you are in 4x3. The remaining space being shorter.
To change it, it's easy:

• in  <//LaunchBox / Themes / StationEmulation / Views />  , open : "TextGamesView.xaml".
  • Find these lines:
<!--PLATFORM TEXT NAME - TOP LEFT-->
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.Platform}" Panel.ZIndex="101" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="11" Grid.RowSpan="3" Foreground="#7c7e80" FontFamily="Segoe UI Light" FontSize="60" TextTrimming="WordEllipsis" Typography.Capitals="AllSmallCaps" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Center" TextAlignment="Left" LineStackingStrategy="BlockLineHeight" LineHeight="62"/>
  • And change this value :   Grid.ColumnSpan="11"
  • into this value :   Grid.ColumnSpan="18"
  • The higher the value, the more space there is for the title. 19 is the maximum not to cover the ClearLogo.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the update, this theme is perfect for my setup. The last thing I was wondering is if it would be possible to display the number of games below the platform logos along with the year, similar to how emulationstation displays "100 Available Games" under the system name.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, viking said:

@AeronNL : Thx !!! ^_^

OK for the request. I will look at the source code and see if I can adapt it to this theme.

The cut platform name, it must come from the fact that you are in 4x3. The remaining space being shorter.
To change it, it's easy:

• in  <//LaunchBox / Themes / StationEmulation / Views />  , open : "TextGamesView.xaml".
  • Find these lines:

<!--PLATFORM TEXT NAME - TOP LEFT-->
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.Platform}" Panel.ZIndex="101" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="11" Grid.RowSpan="3" Foreground="#7c7e80" FontFamily="Segoe UI Light" FontSize="60" TextTrimming="WordEllipsis" Typography.Capitals="AllSmallCaps" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Center" TextAlignment="Left" LineStackingStrategy="BlockLineHeight" LineHeight="62"/>
  • And change this value :   Grid.ColumnSpan="11"
  • into this value :   Grid.ColumnSpan="18"
  • The higher the value, the more space there is for the title. 19 is the maximum not to cover the ClearLogo.

Thanks a lot Viking!

ik really appreciate it, will have a look at it tonight. 

How about the size for the game description text?

which line should I edit for that?

would be great if you are able to implement the fading of the menu bar. 

Nevertheless this is my favorite theme already!

Edited by AeronNL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work brother! One question though... Is there any way to use each game video as fullscreen background AND it be blurred like the background wallpaper? I'm talking for system and games. I tried this with hyperspin and eventually gave up

Edited by Legsrwheelz
Adding clarity to my question

On 3/24/2017 at 0:21 PM, johnugamer said:

Thanks so much for the update, this theme is perfect for my setup. The last thing I was wondering is if it would be possible to display the number of games below the platform logos along with the year, similar to how emulationstation displays "100 Available Games" under the system name.

@viking,

any word on this by chance? I'm curious to know if this can be added too.

Hi, i really like that theme, but i have the problem, that games and playlists without a clearlogo show white text on white ground (the white horizontal bar) - i can barely read anything at daylight when this happens.

Is there a way to fix this, like changing the text colour, or adding an black border/shadows around the text?

Neue Bitmap.jpg

Edited by moppedz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello i've been trying to put the clear platform logo on the right like in Game view one while having the platform name while having the clear logo games can you help me?

(Bonjour jessaye de faire en sorte que les clear logo pour la platforme slectioner affiche meme si on es dans le mode 2 avec les autres game clear logo pourriez vous maider?)

• 2 weeks later...

@Cauptain :

To delete the date:

• Find the good platform view file in : LaunchBox\Themes\StationEmulation\Views
  • In this file, find and delete these lines 
  • <!--"DATE" IN SMALL LINE-->
                <Viewbox StretchDirection="DownOnly" Stretch="Uniform" Grid.Row="2">
                    <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.ReleaseDate, StringFormat=yyyy}" Foreground="#393a3b" FontFamily="Segoe UI Semilight" FontSize="40" TextAlignment="Center" Opacity="0.9"/>
                </Viewbox>

Save the file

To delete the grey line , also remove :

<Border Grid.Row="2">
                <Border.Background>
                    <SolidColorBrush Color="#c8c8c8" Opacity="0.9" />
                </Border.Background>
            </Border>
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
39 minutes ago, 4ppleseed said:

How do I get two images side by side like in this example on the right?

Games_View_02.thumb.jpg.26c6baabc3f2164d07650a149bae3111.jpg.bea31032fa4efb07208bfdddbad5f585.jpg

I'd love to have a box cover and screenshot - gameplay - thanks.

You have to change the view within that theme. You can do this in options - keyboard mappings, or options - controller, as shown below and I've used the 'tab' key to accomplish this

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.944d039eb2c53fe1c5c6280e0dd90463.jpg

28 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

You have to change the view within that theme. You can do this in options - keyboard mappings, or options - controller, as shown below and I've used the 'tab' key to accomplish this

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.944d039eb2c53fe1c5c6280e0dd90463.jpg

That's great - I have changed the view and can now see two images per game. How do I change those two images to Box Cover and Screenshot - Gameplay? Right now it's just showing me two screenshots, thanks!

9 hours ago, 4ppleseed said:

That's great - I have changed the view and can now see two images per game. How do I change those two images to Box Cover and Screenshot - Gameplay? Right now it's just showing me two screenshots, thanks!

It depends on which images you want, but make sure you have your corresponding images in the right folders. For example, screenshots would be in "launchbox\Images\Atari 2600\Screenshot - Gameplay" and boxart would be in "launchbox\Images\Atari 2600\Box - Front" for Atari 2600. To switch the type of images being shown (on the fly), you'll have to assign a keyboard or controller mapping, just as you did with the view. Again, you'll see this in the options screen, under "Keyboard Mappings" and "Controller" as shown below

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.2a5a3c6d4cfb8b0140a3af38c97f40c6.jpg

Edited by bundangdon

12 hours ago, bundangdon said:

It depends on which images you want, but make sure you have your corresponding images in the right folders. For example, screenshots would be in "launchbox\Images\Atari 2600\Screenshot - Gameplay" and boxart would be in "launchbox\Images\Atari 2600\Box - Front" for Atari 2600. To switch the type of images being shown (on the fly), you'll have to assign a keyboard or controller mapping, just as you did with the view. Again, you'll see this in the options screen, under "Keyboard Mappings" and "Controller" as shown below

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.2a5a3c6d4cfb8b0140a3af38c97f40c6.jpg

Cheers mate, that's sorted it. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me, I have LB/BB and this theme set up perfectly now, very happy ?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...