LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Exporter to create a folder structure for import into Launchbox

My zips contained the Lha files when I optained them. Inside the Lha they have the same Amiga file structure as your zips. So extracting the zips to folder and then compress them to Lha kinda works, but a few games will fail. I suggest you try it out with one file. Just make sure it looks identical inside the lha to your zip (info file in root). Then test if you can start the file from the fs-uae-launcher gui.

Do they have to be lha format for them to be recognized in the FS-UAE UI though? A simple zip with the correct amiga files/folder doesn't work? That just seems kinda retarded to me. What I have now will boot and work if they're simply passed from LB to Launcher.exe so I don't understand why they couldn't be recognized.

1 minute ago, Wutex said:

I just converted mine to zip and tried it, too. Mabye you hadn't scanned your file database in the launcher before and that was the problem?

1 hour ago, Zombeaver said:

This is what I was asking. I've never actually scanned anything into FS-UAE.

23 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I've never actually scanned/imported any of my games into FS-UAE itself, I've just downloaded the databases, so I don't know whether or not what I have would be recognized (because I haven't tried yet)

Yep... :P

The only reason I brought it up was because Eirulan said that they weren't working. I'd never scanned anything into FS-UAE previously.

AHHHHHH!!!

I works - EVEN with the ZIP files!!!

I am so dumb - you have to do a re-scan in FS-UAE, that's all :)

dceatgxautgd18o5q.jpg

I still have all my files as "zip".

What you have to do is re-scan all your directories to re-build the database, that's all :)

dceavmrx8ocb8u9u6.jpg

dceauz599uz9jmfym.jpg

Edit.

Ah I see we found out the same thing simultaneously :) haha! I thought FS-UAE scans automatically in the background.

Edited by Eirulan

well well, cool... so this should work now for all files.

I still prefer ADFs, because of the nice intros, cheatability, the click-clack of the floppy drives, stable save-state-function... it's just much more appealing to me. And you can still press the warp-button if the loading times are too long :) To each his own I guess.

Btw. what is this preload thing you two mentioned?

It's a WHDLoad argument switch. For some WHDload games you'll encounter screen flickering when the game is loading something. The PRELOAD argument normally gets rid of it. It's included in FS-UAE's configs for WHD games when necessary:

Agony-04.JPG

9 minutes ago, Eirulan said:

And you can still press the warp-button if the loading times are too long

Is there a way to assign that to a specific button (as in, on a controller) by the way? I know it's F12+W by default.

:) One more argument to stay with ADFs. There's no flickering and so on...

Thank you for the explanation.

3 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Is there a way to assign that to a specific button by the way? I know it's F12+W by default.

Yes of course. I set mine like this: Xinput_Controller_button_13 = action_warp

On my Dualshock 4 this is the triangle button.

Edited by Eirulan
  • Like 1

Firstly, I've just tested this out and it's working beautifully! I think I'll probably make a tutorial video for setting everything up and including using your app if that's okay with you.

Secondly, I'm a complete moron - I didn't realize you could just double-click on a controller in the joystick list in FS-UAE to see/reassign the inputs. DERP! I've got it working great now with Xinput_Controller_axis_5_pos = action_warp

Yay! :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Firstly, I've just tested this out and it's working beautifully! I think I'll probably make a tutorial video for setting everything up and including using your app if that's okay with you.

Secondly, I'm a complete moron - I didn't realize you could just double-click on a controller in the joystick list in FS-UAE to see/reassign the inputs. DERP! I've got it working great now with Xinput_Controller_axis_5_pos = action_warp

Yay! :)

Sure, you can use my tool in a video no problem :-)

Haha - now that you say it - I forgot about the doubleclick too^^

7 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

One thing that I'm noticing is that if I allow it to include the variant name in the folders during export, it's including it in the name of the imported game, even with "use folder names" selected. Any ideas?

FS-UAE UUID-01.jpgFS-UAE UUID-02.jpg

Hm, it doesn't do this for me (see screenshots above), but I'm on an older version (6.8). Maybe @Jason Carr changed sth in the 6.9 Beta? I deliberatly chose the [] chars to seperate game name and variant name because I was aware LB would ignore anything after "special chars". Has this changed?

The only idea would be to use other characters to seperate game and variant - but I should know which one to use then.

Edited by Eirulan

I'm honestly not sure. I am on the latest beta. Hopefully Jason can answer that.

For the time being I just exported to two separate temp folders - one including the variant (for verification purposes) and one without (for importing purposes) and then for any games where I have multiple variants I just double-check that I'm using the correct UUID based on the folders that have the variant names included.

I'm also working with two folders - folder 1 I exported everything I have with all variants and folder 2 is my actual linked folder in LB.

I see no sense in importing >5.000 games into LB which I will never play (it's the same for all other systems, why do people import 10.000 MAME games?! They'll never play them and it only makes LB slow) and only move those game folders from 1 to 2 which I tried and tested and really wanna play...

Edited by Eirulan