LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Exporter to create a folder structure for import into Launchbox

Just now, Eirulan said:

I see no sense in importing >5.000 games into LB which I will never play (it's the same for all other systems, why do people import 10.000 MAME games?! They'll never play them) and only move those game folders from 1 to 2 which I tried and tested and really wanna play...

Yep, I'm the same way. I curate everything in my collection. I've got about 30 systems and I'm just a little over 2500 games between them haha

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi guys, stuff in brackets should still be ignored in the 6.9 betas. Not sure what might be going on though...

Hmmm...

Dragging in a folder named Agony [WHDLoad, v1.3, 0960] and telling it to "Use folder names" is giving me a game title of "Agony [WHDLoad, v1" for some reason.

So based on where it was stopping the game name, I tried on a hunch to change the folder name to "Agony [WHDLoad, v13, 0960]" (removing the period between 1 and 3) and it then pulls just "Agony" on the final screen. So for some reason the period is causing it to get hung up. I assume that's not intentional right?

Yeah honestly I'll just export folders that don't include the variant tag for the time being and then when the bug is fixed I'll do a tutorial video.

One thing that might be nice in your exporter would be the option to choose which variant you want to use if you choose to only use one - so any time it finds a game that has multiple variants it prompts you with a box showing a drop-down of the variants and you can choose one. As of right now it seems to just pick one of them.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Zombeaver said:

Yeah honestly I'll just export folders that don't include the variant tag for the time being and then when the bug is fixed I'll do a tutorial video.

One thing that might be nice in your exporter would be the option to choose which variant you want to use if you choose to only use one - so any time it finds a game that has multiple variants it prompts you with a box showing a drop-down of the variants and you can choose one. As of right now it seems to just pick one of them.

I think this is looking like a great way to do this and if you do a video I think it be best to remove mine as I think it will confuse people.

Great work to the programmer

So I've run into a snag with this.

When you load a game like this it does not overwrite the "config_name" field in the settings.ini. The reason this is significant is that those are how FS-UAE divides up its save games. If you load up a game and the the "config name" that it has in the settings.ini is named "Default", it's going to search for your saves in (and save to) a folder structure of FS-UAE -> Save States -> Default -> DH0 -> [the name of your specific game]. This wouldn't be a huge deal if you used nothing but UUIDs because then you could just have them all in one folder and it would never change. The problem is that any time you A) simply click on a game title or a config in the FS-UAE UI or B) launch your own user-made config (for games that don't have a predefined one already) it updates that config name and now it's looking for/saving them in FS-UAE -> Save States -> [the name of your specific game/config] -> DH0 -> [the name of your specific game]. Since launching via UUID doesn't update the name, it'll search by whatever was in there previously... and now you've got a problem because it can't find them.

I'm not sure what to do about this, honestly. If you were using nothing but UUIDed games and you never used the FS-UAE UI itself (because like I said, it updates the name just by clicking on a different title) it would be okay, but that's not the case.

I guess one possible solution would be to create my own configs for every game that requires saving because those are the only ones that this affects and the "config_name" would update correctly in that scenario. That would kinda stink though :(

FS-UAE Settings.ini.jpg