LaunchBox Community Forums

9 minutes ago, aageon said:

It's a false negative. You can allow it in your anti virus. It's because it closes explorer.exe. nothing to fear ;)

Are you sure ? Because I just tried downloading this and just clicking the link alone going to the download page my web browser spit out a giant red warning page. It's one thing to have the downloaded file being falsely flagged but having the website you linked to being flagged by Google is another.

2017-10-26 17_33_46-Security error.png

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Is there a reason these files are being hosted on an external site and not here ?

Yes I'm sure. I hosted it on my development space before I posted here and shared it here by opening this thread. I tried hosting it here but it created a seperate thread and with spreaded comments it was a huge inconvenience, so I kept it external.

That red screen in chrome even shows up on custom made game trainers. It's due how the program is made.

My program closes explorer.exe and checks if a proces is running (bigbox), it's only natural to raise flags, as virus scanners cannot always get the innitial intent of the program.

As the program is realy for a specific use and fairly simple I have not taken any steps to prevent this. There is no malicious code. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mithrot said:

aageon, I'd appreciate if the application was reuploaded here. Thanks.

I've uploaded it to onedrive and edited the OP. 
No more warnings in any browser on my end.
Hope this will suffice. 

Edited by aageon

• 7 months later...

I get this dialog with using the Explorer edition. When I Exit BigBox, before your program can relaunch explorer.exe I'm presented with this dialog box. Clicking Yes let's your program proceed and relaunch explorer. Is there a way so this dialog box doesn't pop up every time?

Capture.PNG

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...