LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Tutorial for n00bs

Lordmonkus

Good to hear, there seems to be an issue with Mame where if the mame.ini file is located in the ini folder it doesn't read it when launched through Launchbox (maybe other frontends as well but I don't know).

One of the first steps I have in my guide is with a new install of Mame is to generate a mame.ini file using the command line parameter -cc, this generates the mame.ini file right in the main folder.

Hi, i hope I'll be able to find an answer here.

I currently have trouble importing MAME 0.192. Certain games that have been added in 191, for exemple Dragon Tresure 1 and 2, dont show up in the import list in Launchbox.

Is there anything I can do for that, like manually changing a mame.dat to 192 somewhere? Or any orther solution? 

If needed, for futher information, im using Arcade64(formerly mamuifx), and got a merged set 192 w/ roms and CHDs.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, SagaXIV said:

Hi, i hope I'll be able to find an answer here.

I currently have trouble importing MAME 0.192. Certain games that have been added in 191, for exemple Dragon Tresure 1 and 2, dont show up in the import list in Launchbox.

Is there anything I can do for that, like manually changing a mame.dat to 192 somewhere? Or any orther solution? 

If needed, for futher information, im using Arcade64(formerly mamuifx), and got a merged set 192 w/ roms and CHDs.

Thanks!

Nope, unfortunately. The MAME file in Launchbox is older than your file.

• 2 weeks later...

It should work, I seem to recall trying it at one point but I won't wear that I did.

Look in your main Mame install folder where the exe is and see if there is a mame.ini file there, if there is not then look in the \ini folder for it and if it is there instead copy it out to the main folder next to the exe.