LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Tutorial for n00bs

Lordmonkus

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

You will probably end up with approx 2800 games imported.

If you want a smaller more hand picked list, in the downloads section here on the forums I have uploaded some batch files that will pull out a set of roms with approx 640 or so games.

right now I'm mass importing and see how it looks and trying to get a feel for it.

but yah some day maybe or a second best of type of system ?

Demul is a multiple arcade board and Dreamcast emulator my bat files will extract the roms which are all in the MAME rom set but are totally unworking there and copy them to a folder it really isn't that confusing but you take your time dealing with MAME.

I make a double klick on a game in Launchbox and the Mame Loading Sreen with the % promt starts...

2 seconds later (at ca 60 or 80% )the Mame Window closed automaticly. In Mame 64 bit himself all Games are working and all of Bios are also available. 

Sorry, Windows doesnt make a Screenshot of this Loadingscreen but it is the normal Loadingscreen of Mame/NeoGeo Games.

I mean this is the normal Parameter for Mame 64

Screenshot (28).png

Thanks!! I´m so stupid!! I got  see in Emulatior Settigs the hide console window on start/Exit this was enabled. I have disabled that an now i see the a missing Rom file of this game. Now i know the Problem ( in Mame himself i everytime i start different games)  

Bye have a nice Weekend and sorry for that

• 1 month later...

sbout to get the latest version. but i seem to have forggoten something :) and anted to make sure.

[FREE] MAME 0.180 Software List ROMs (TZ-Split)

is that the CHDs?

because i only see [FREE] MAME 0.180 Software List CHDs (Merged) not one that says split.

Reading the posts but can't find my problem.

I have version 7.4 of LB. When I go in Tools>>Manage Emulators and add the MAME emulator and path to it, I get this error msg.

LBError1.gifHowever, when I go directly to that path and click the exe file I can launch MAME and all the games in it.

The path of the Emulator is this...

LBError2.gifIn the "Associated Platform" tab I can see "Arcade" check as "Default Emulator".

So if the exe loads well then the bug comes from the link between LB and MAME.

U tried downloading the MAMEUI64 version and here too I can click on it and it loads well along with all my games but when I select it in LB, I get the same error msg.

Any solutions?

Merlin

Edited by MerlinArcade