LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Tutorial for n00bs

Lordmonkus

8 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

are you using a xbox 360 wireless controller?,  if you launch mame and the controller is not on, mame doesn't see the controller and it resets the controller settings.  I tried reinstalling mame and different versions.

To be fair i have never launched MAME without the controller on as i am launching from bigbox and am using the controller for that. Why would you start MAME without a controller on?

i dont, but when we play wii games in bigbox with wiimote, the xbox 360 goes to sleep, when i turn it back on and re launch mame, boom, the settings are gone.  its almost like window is assigning a different config and so mame sees it like a new controller or something.

i dropped that config file you gave me, and launc mame, what do i do now, reconfigure the the controller?

that did not work for me.  i delete the default.cfg and re launched mame to get it back and now i have keyboard control back, i remapped my controller again for like th 10 th time. will try again when I get home from work.  this is so fustrating.  has anyone used retroarch instead of mame for mame roms?