Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Dane said:

I have heard you mention some setting in the special section but I do not appear to have that in my CCS64 emulator, or at least cannot see it. Is there someway in particular to access it or might I have a earlier or later version than you?

It's definitely there. You press F10 to pull up the menu, then go to "Special", and it's called Maximum 1541 Speed.

CCS64 - Special.JPG

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No problem! I'm a C64 nut so I'm always happy to help people get C64 emulation up and running. The C64 is where my love for gaming began. Games like Times of Lore, Supremacy, Ballblazer, R

I wouldn't recommend MESS/MAME for C64. The emulation just isn't up to par currently. There isn't an officially released RA core either at the moment. There is a preliminary Frodo core on

I'll check when I get home in a bit, but I actually don't recall needing to use any special command line parameters for it. I'll double check though.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

It's definitely there. You press F10 to pull up the menu, then go to "Special", and it's called Maximum 1541 Speed.

I found it thank you. I went through and entered all the settings you recommended. I still cannot get a single game to go but I will keep persevering with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The second point is particularly important as they won't work otherwise. They'll work if loaded within CCS itself, but not through LB. For whatever reason, special characters cause issues for CCS64 when launched through LB.

CCS64 doesn't support compressed formats like zip, it may or may not work with LB's extract function, but I don't use that personally - mine are all extracted. It's not like the files are large anyway.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

The second point is particularly important as they won't work otherwise. They'll work if loaded within CCS itself, but not through LB. For whatever reason, special characters cause issues for CCS64 when launched through LB.

CCS64 doesn't support compressed formats like zip, it may or may not work with LB's extract function, but I don't use that personally - mine are all extracted. It's not like the files are large anyway.

I just extracted them and am going to use Bulk Rename Utility to get rid of any parenthesis. I will let you know how I go. Because Launchbox is linked to them as a .zip I will have to upload them to Launchbox again now right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can close LB go to the data folder open your c64 xml file with Notepad++ and use the find and replace feature to change all .zip references to .tap save the xml and restart LB and they should all be changed.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What DOS said is correct, although that won't help with the ones that are getting renamed with Bulk Rename Utility since it'd be more than just the extension that's getting changed. Removing them from your library and then reimporting would probably be easiest. As long as your files are named pretty coherently you should be able to get them to match up with your previously downloaded media.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing that's worth mentioning is that the Maximum 1541 Speed feature isn't going to do anything for you if you're using .tap files. Those are tapes, which Max 1541 Speed doesn't have any bearing on. 1541 refers to the 1541 floppy diskette drive, and only impacts disk formats. .d64 is the format I recommend.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

One other thing that's worth mentioning is that the Maximum 1541 Speed feature isn't going to do anything for you if you're using .tap files. Those are tapes, which Max 1541 Speed doesn't have any bearing on. 1541 refers to the 1541 floppy diskette drive, and only impacts disk formats. .d64 is the format I recommend.

I just spent half an hour going through my 1.6k .tap files and they are all unzipped and renamed appropriately. Though I do I have a set of TOSEC .d64 files which they are about 17k. It will take some time to sort through those to do the same thing but I think I will just bite the bullet and commit to doing so. I will report back as to my success or lack-thereof in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't recommend using TOSEC for C64 as there is a metric boatload of bad dumps in there. A lot of games will have like 6 or 7 dumps available and there might be one or two good ones among them.

Gamebase64 is normally a safe bet, with one version each, with the best or at the very least a working version of them.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I really don't recommend using TOSEC for C64 as there is a metric boatload of bad dumps in there. A lot of games will have like 6 or 7 dumps available and there might be one or two good ones among them.

Gamebase64 is normally a safe bet, with one version each, with the best or at the very least a working version of them.

Yeah I knew TOSEC are more in the spirit of preservation than quality per say. I had never heard of Gamebase64, their v15 collection is monolithic in size. Just found it, I'm in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Dont unzip everything!

Use Hoxs64, add a c64 game, then enter under "emulation" edit, the following command:

"-autoload C:\LaunchBox\7-Zip\Temp\Ghostbusters_II_Side_1.g64"

Launchbox is extracting the game "Ghostbusters II"  as an example in Temp Folder under 7Zip and is automatic starting Disk 1.

Or use the "Load"*",8,1 command in Launchbox:

"-autoload C:\LaunchBox\7-Zip\Temp\Ghostbusters_II_Side_1.g64" ":*"

Now when you start the game from launchbox, the emulator will type in automatic the standard c64 load for games!

Have fun.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...