LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox

As I got to keep today off I went over the ahk script again. I corrected some errors, commented, formatting, etc, and put some more time in testing on both version of Kodi. One thing I was trying to see if it was possible was the portable mode option, it appears that Windows Store App version does not support command parameter so there is no support for portable mode. So whether you select portable mode or not in the plugin options it will always launch without the parameter for the Windows Store version. If all is working this will be the one that will release as 1.4 official so report any bugs found please.

REMINDER ON UPGRADING:  Make sure to go in the options and select "delete and update userdata scripts on next run" to ensure you are testing the correct ahk script

NOTICE: THE BELOW ATTACHMENT IS A BETA VERSION FOR ANYONE THAT WISHES TO TEST AND REPORT. SEE FIRST POST FOR OFFICIAL.

Edited by CoinTos
removed broken solution

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:28 PM, CoinTos said:

As I got to keep today off I went over the ahk script again. I corrected some errors, commented, formatting, etc, and put some more time in testing on both version of Kodi. One thing I was trying to see if it was possible was the portable mode option, it appears that Windows Store App version does not support command parameter so there is no support for portable mode. So whether you select portable mode or not in the plugin options it will always launch without the parameter for the Windows Store version. If all is working this will be the one that will release as 1.4 official so report any bugs found please.

REMINDER ON UPGRADING:  Make sure to go in the options and select "delete and update userdata scripts on next run" to ensure you are testing the correct ahk script

NOTICE: THE BELOW ATTACHMENT IS A BETA VERSION FOR ANYONE THAT WISHES TO TEST AND REPORT. SEE FIRST POST FOR OFFICIAL.

script.launchbox.launcher1.3.95rc1.zip

Still will not load bigbox from within the windows kodi app

20 hours ago, Ruester said:

Here is a log file

Kodi Log.rtf

Well, it seems like the plugin is launching the script exe so next I need to you try this test version. It will display a pop up for 5 seconds just before the run command for BigBox. If it displays and nothing happens after then BigBox is failing to launch for some reason but I will have a better idea of where it is failing. Make sure there is no previous script is running in the taskbar (launchbox cube icon) and that you use the " delete and update userdata scripts on next run " option after upgrade. Thanks.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

I now know why it's not launching... oh and officially I hate UWA. The stupid jail/container it builds doesn't build anything around this script addon executable (compiled ahk script) so the plugin is trying to launch it from a directory that doesn't exist so it's failing.

Example:

The script tries launching C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.exe

when the script is actually located in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.exe

I will continue to look into a proper solution, time to brush up on my python.

Edit: I have a post started on the Kodi addon development forum so hopefully a solution to this can be found.

Edited by CoinTos
Update

Hi guys 

First post on this forum, just wanted to thank you for this script as it solved my problem i was having, when i launched BigBox in Kodi it would only give about 10 seconds use before it focused back to Kodi, but your script has solved that and it is working perfectly.xD

36 minutes ago, Mrjoiner said:

Hi guys 

First post on this forum, just wanted to thank you for this script as it solved my problem i was having, when i launched BigBox in Kodi it would only give about 10 seconds use before it focused back to Kodi, but your script has solved that and it is working perfectly.xD

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post, always nice to hear when things are working properly for users of the plugin. Enjoy.

@Ruester Ok so it looks like the UWA addon_data folder is protected by the container and won't allow plugin like this helper exe's to execute inside of it so here is a new test build. Under Advance tab in the plugin settings is a new option called "UWA Fix: Change script EXE save location", enable that and set a folder in the field below somewhere the script can save exe to (ie. c:\scripts\).

Edited by CoinTos
new test version posted
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoinTos said:

@Ruester Ok so it looks like the UWA addon_data folder is protected by the container and won't allow plugin like this helper exe's to execute inside of it so here is a new test build. Under Advance tab in the plugin settings is a new option called "UWA Fix: Change script EXE save location", enable that and set a folder in the field below somewhere the script can save exe to (ie. c:\scripts\).

script.launchbox.launcher-1.3.95-test2.zip

It Works! Though there is a big(ish) delay/transition from kodi to big box, But it does work! Great Job!

16 hours ago, Ruester said:

It Works! Though there is a big(ish) delay/transition from kodi to big box, But it does work! Great Job!

Yeah, I notice that as well, but it was midnight, complete enough for a test build and I worked in the morning so I posted it but check back Tuesday and I should have a lean mean release candidate to try. :) 

8 hours ago, ashramrak said:

UWA is a good idea with a poor implementation

True and in the end this plugin will prevail. B| 

@Ruester OK, I lied here is one more test build because I found a few midnight 'oops' that can't wait till Tuesday. This one should be much quicker and the ahk script stalls have been fixed (was missing a couple of commas in function calls... oops). Finally, the plugin's userdata folder delete options is fixed for uwa option but you really don't need to use it much anymore because the ahk script version check is fixed and should prompt you to update when you launch.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

Ok, here is the cleaned up and formated version as promised. Last chance for any changes before it goes to ashramrak to have the 1.3.95 changed to 1.4 for official release at the top post.

New Features:

Supports Kodi 16, Kodi 17 and Kodi Windows Store* versions.

Bugfixes:

Added error handling to prevent ahk script from hanging and needing to be manually closed.

Fixed ahk script comparison check.

Changes:

Updated addon.xml for better Kodi 17 support

Removed need to set Kodi exe in plugin settings

* Due to Windows Store's UWA security restrictions, user must set a save directory under the plugin's 

Advanced Settings to a directory of the user choice where the plugin's ahk helper exe can be saved.

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2016 at 2:29 AM, CoinTos said:

@ashramrak Since there hasn't been any complaints about the last test file, here is the final version of the 1.4 for the first post. See above post for changes.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.4.zip

Hi there,

Give me a few days to review and test it :)

edit : updated OP, cheers :)

Edited by ashramrak

Hi, quick question and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I've installed the BigBox addon and it opens the application okay but it's not quiting Kodi - after about 10 seconds, the Kodi screen reappears again (although BigBox continues to run in the background)

I've tried various settings changes but can't get Kodi to quit.

14 hours ago, cm0123 said:

Hi, quick question and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I've installed the BigBox addon and it opens the application okay but it's not quiting Kodi - after about 10 seconds, the Kodi screen reappears again (although BigBox continues to run in the background)

I've tried various settings changes but can't get Kodi to quit.

Hey cm0123, please attach a Kodi debug log while trying to launch Bigbox with the addon and I will look into what is happening. If you have never done a Kodi debug log before here is a link to the Kodi debug log wiki page. Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hey CoinTos, thank you for your quick reply and apologies for not responding earlier - just got caught up in the whole christmas rush.

I installed Kodi on another machine and the BigBox addon worked with no problems so I'm going to try a clean install on my own machine - if that doesnt work, I'll submit a log like you suggested.

Apologies again for the delay in responding.

• 2 weeks later...