LaunchBox Community Forums

Futurestate Theme

Hexxxer

Futurestate Theme

View File

Updated to 3.0 See Details in Change log

A elegant and modern feeling theme that tries to keep details to a minimum.

Warning

Must be using Launchbox 7.1+ to use the theme

Unique Features

• 6 custom views
  • Images were created from scratch especially for this theme
  • Different view based around 16:9 or 4:3 videos 
  • Custom Favorite, Broken and Completed symbols
  • Default Black and White theme that blends with most images
  • Custom Futurestate Background Videos
  • Simple Views with liberal use of game information on selection pages

Install instructions

Works with Launchbox version 7.1+

• Do a clean unzip into your themes folder, it is recommended to not right over a previous version
  • Make sure to install the font inside the Font Folder if you would like to use the custom font

Alternative Views

Alternative view are views requested by users that alter the default theme. I try to fulfill requests if they are reasonable but may not update the files in newer iterations. 

*use at your own risk*

Futurestate no info wheelgamesview.zip - This is a 4:3 Game View that removes all text over top of the game video.

Futurestate Themes

*Download the skins in the Themes download tab

There are a few variations for skinning Futurestate in the works. To use these create backup of your existing Images/Theme folder and copy the contents of the zip files over top of the original locations.  

Put my Photoshop skills to the test! Request one and I will see what I can do!

**These files over write the default Futurestate skin!

Futurestate Ruby

Futurestate_Skin-_Ruby.zipCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Also check out the RetroState theme located here by Scottad! @Scottad

Futurestate_Skin-_Ruby.zip

Edited by Hexxxer
Version 4.1
  • Like 7

On 10/19/2016 at 2:54 AM, neil9000 said:

Awesome theme exactly what I was waiting for. I made a slight modification to letterbox platform videos as I use @nyny77 16:9 platform video's, so they are no longer hidden in the corners by platform name and year boxes.

Great work, thanks @Hexxxer.

Screenshot_(7).png

How do I do that? This theme is great aside from the fact that nyny's videos are smooshed and there is that lame box over the box art (i use 3D box art) 

If those two things can be fixed this will be my permanent theme 

@MatticusFinch1820

Open PlatformWheelImageDetailsThumbsFiltersView.xaml and change the line under,

<!--BEGIN FULLSCREEN BACKGROUND VIDEO-->

From this

<Grid Grid.Column="5" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="15" Grid.RowSpan="12">

to this

<Grid Grid.Column="5" Grid.Row="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="15" Grid.RowSpan="10">

I would recommend making a copy of the theme folder and edit the copy, just incase anything goes wrong. It should be fine but better safe than sorry.

Edited by neil9000
Clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

@MatticusFinch1820

From this

to this

I would recommend making a copy of the theme folder and edit the copy, just incase anything goes wrong. It should be fine but better safe than sorry.

Thanks for posting that neil9000.

I am planning a possible 16:9 version of the theme, I may do a separate theme or just build it into an existing view. I'll decide Wednesday.

@Hexxxer

A 16:9 version would be great if possible, only for platform view though as game videos are always 4:3 so is fine as is. If you do go the 16:9 route would you be able to remove the scanline effect on platforms? It looks great on game videos , but not so much on platform videos as the game video is only a small part of the 16:9 image but is overlayed over the entire video.

Thanks for your great work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, neil9000 said:

@MatticusFinch1820

From this

to this

Thanks!! Works great now, looks awesome. This is gonna be my main theme. Its so slick looking. Is there a way to get rid of the box outline or will that have to be done in an update?

13 hours ago, neil9000 said:

@Hexxxer

A 16:9 version would be great if possible, only for platform view though as game videos are always 4:3 so is fine as is. If you do go the 16:9 route would you be able to remove the scanline effect on platforms? It looks great on game videos , but not so much on platform videos as the game video is only a small part of the 16:9 image but is overlayed over the entire video.

Thanks for your great work. 

I got rid of the scanline png in the images folder in the theme folder. It removes the scanlines and actually looks much better without it. 

• Like 1

@MatticusFinch1820

Thanks for that it worked perfectly, now got nice clean widescreen platform videos in this theme. I have tried every single user created theme and chopped and changed with several of them that I liked, but this is now my number 1, it's gonna take a really good new theme to make me switch now.

Edit

Of course now there is no scanlines on game videos, which I like. hopefully @Hexxxer implements what I asked about earlier ; )

Edited by neil9000
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, neil9000 said:

@MatticusFinch1820

Thanks for that it worked perfectly, now got nice clean widescreen platform videos in this theme. I have tried every single user created theme and chopped and changed with several of them that I liked, but this is now my number 1, it's gonna take a really good new theme to make me switch now.

Edit

Of course now there is no scanlines on game videos, which I like. hopefully @Hexxxer implements what I asked about earlier ; )

Yeah its def a temporary fix for now. Im waiting for the update which will remove the box art white outline so 3D boxes can be used. I agree though this theme is SICK! :D

• Like 1