LaunchBox Community Forums

Futurestate Theme

Hexxxer

@Hexxer, can you tell me which XAML file is the one that formats the video backgrounds? I really like this theme but all the videos are squished into a 4:3 aspect ratio. I need my videos to be 16:9 so I want to edit the XAML but looking over the download there are like 30 XAML files and I have no idea which one is the one that defines the panel used for background videos.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

@nealosis

Are you using version 1.5?

I just downloaded it a few minutes ago so whatever version is the one in this thread is the one I downloaded.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. The video is squished up to 4:3 where I'd like the panel hosting the window to span the entire width of the screen (with the games list panel on the left sitting on top of the video panel). I'm a Win32 Forms guy with no experience with WPF but I'm sure I could figure out a solution if I knew which XAML file was used for this form (the one below)

Untitled.png

In the theme folder there is a folder called alt view, copy the XAML from there into the view folder and overwrite it. Voila widescreen!!

Oh I see what you mean it wont go under that menu bar, but videos will be widescreen in that window.

Edited by neil9000

I see what you are speaking of. I have not written a 16:9 version on the Game Wheel View yet.

Unfortunately, this is not something I can directly fix across the board, I can only supply alternate views for the 2 different resolutions (4:3 and 16:9). The problem with this is if you use the theme for anything 4:3 presentation then those would be squished, so it's one or the other at this point.

I am hoping for some support in the way the images and videos are stretched so that they scale uniformly to the container they are in.   @Jason Carr

Edited by Hexxxer

Just now, Hexxxer said:

I see what you are speaking of. I have not written 1 19:9 version on the Game Wheel View yet.

Unfortunately, this is not something I can directly fix across the board, I can only supply alternate views for the 2 different resolutions (4:3 and 16:9). The problem with this is if you use the theme for anything 4:3 presentation then those would be squished, so it's one or the other at this point.

I am hoping for some support in the way the images and videos are stretched so that they scale uniformly to the container they are in.   @Jason Carr

I grew up in the Atari/NES era so I don't play those games anymore. Is there a build designed just for 16x9?

I found the panel definition; Line 97 of WheelGamesView.xaml so I'll play around and see if there's a way I can get this to display without any stretching (don't care if there are black bars as long as the aspect ratio is correct)

13 minutes ago, nealosis said:

I grew up in the Atari/NES era so I don't play those games anymore. Is there a build designed just for 16x9?

I found the panel definition; Line 97 of WheelGamesView.xaml so I'll play around and see if there's a way I can get this to display without any stretching (don't care if there are black bars as long as the aspect ratio is correct)

Okay, I got it worked out.

on line 97 of WheelGamesView.xaml setting, Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="60" Grid.Row="0" did the trick

<transitions:TransitionPresenter x:Name="background"  Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="60" Grid.RowSpan="24" TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Source.PixelHeight}" Width="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Source.PixelWidth}"  IsContentVideo="true" />

Untitled1.png

1 minute ago, nealosis said:

I'll see what I can do, in the next day or so.

14 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

@Hexxxer Jason just showed off your theme on the live stream and he didn't now there was a widescreen version!!! lol I put him right though. He then went on to mention you have been talking with each other!! I look forward to news. :) 

Well, to be fair, the widescreen format I have made is not a proper 16:9 version. I am working on a new system view with a smaller wheel that displays system information and ,either recently played or favorites. I may alter some of the images so they scale on different resolutions as well. 

Honestly it's what ever I can squeeze into a 2 hour period this week!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hexxxer said:

Well, to be fair, the widescreen format I have made is not a proper 16:9 version. I am working on a new system view with a smaller wheel that displays system information and ,either recently played or favorites. I may alter some of the images so they scale on different resolutions as well. 

Honestly it's what ever I can squeeze into a 2 hour period this week!

That sounds really cool Hexxer, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Your theme is great and some people in the stream didn't even no about it and thought it looked great. Could I ask for one request please? Can you do one of your little logos i.e. broken,favorite for portable?

Thanks again man.

• Like 1

Updated Theme to version 1.6

Users must be on beta 7 to upgrade.

Changes

Updated for the 7.0 Beta (to use this file you bust be upgraded to 7.0)

-Added Details View for 16:9 new System Videos

-Updated older views to stretch on different resolutions (see screenshots)

System Views

Platform Wheel 1 - this is 4:3 images and keeps details to a minimal

Platform Wheel 2 - A quasi-widescreen view, somewhere in between 4:3 and 16:9, Keeps a minimal detail view

Platform Wheel 4 - 16:9. The selection wheel is smaller to fit a 16:9 Video. 

I have had minimal time to update so there may be bugs, please let me know as soon as possible if there are.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2016 at 0:17 PM, neil9000 said:

That sounds really cool Hexxer, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Your theme is great and some people in the stream didn't even no about it and thought it looked great. Could I ask for one request please? Can you do one of your little logos i.e. broken,favorite for portable?

Thanks again man.

The next update I do on this will include a new icon.

• Like 1