LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiga Emulation / FS-UAE: A Comprehensive Tutorial + Launchbox Integration

Zombeaver

Just now, cleverest said:

I probably should just delete it all, and re-import the zips for the WHDload games..that is all I've imported so far, it's like just over 2k games.

From the looks of the error it looks like you need to rescan your games in FS-UAE itself (not LB). It's not finding the game file associated with that UUID.

20 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

From the looks of the error it looks like you need to rescan your games in FS-UAE itself (not LB). It's not finding the game file associated with that UUID.

I tried, still not working... :-( I guess I screwed it up before somehow, even though it seemed to be working before for most games

All I can tell you is that I'm using the newest version of FS-UAE and literally the only thing I've changed since the tutorial is the .exe in LB.

Is it working in FS-UAE itself? If so, I guess try exporting your UUIDs again and reimporting them into LB. Again though, I have no idea why you would need to do this. Assuming you followed the tutorial, simply changing the .exe from the custom one to the normal one is all you should need to do.

2 minutes ago, cleverest said:

skipping the exporter

No, you still need the exporter. The only thing that's changed is the custom launcher .exe. You still need to export/import UUIDs.

2 minutes ago, cleverest said:

will LB 7.9 more smartly combined games now, part A and B's etc?

I haven't actually tried importing multiple variants in at once since consolidation/automatic-combining was implented, but it should, yes. I just picked and chose the folders that I wanted to import into LB before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I noticed, is the tutorial never explains what goes in the assocated platform section of the FS-UAE UUID emulator entry....it defaults on mine to:   Amiga UUID - blank parameters - (default emulator unchecked)

My FS-UAE emulator entry is using my platform for Amiga titled:   Commodore Amiga blank parameters - (default emulator checked)

Is this correct how I have it?

The tutorial does explain what goes in the associated platform tab.

It should just be whatever your Amiga platform in LB is named. The only reason it would be associated with "Amiga UUID" and "Commodore Amiga" is if you had separate platforms in your library named "Amiga UUID" and "Commodore Amiga" and I'm not sure why you'd have them separated like that. The tutorial definitely does not instruct you to do that.

Thanks Zombeaver, but your tutorial video skips the associated platform part (I just watched it) specifically during the FS-USA UUI section (at about the 47:10 mark, this is AFTER you mention and show it during the previous FS-UAE emulator part... I know we keep the EXE the same now with all the improvements as per the annotation you provide, but in the video you just click to dismiss the dialog box after choosing the executable on the latter section...so I was curious, but it makes sense to have both associated platforms set to 'Commodore Amiga'

I have no idea where Amiga UUID came from that was there, but I changed it...

i may be stupid, but i dont understand why you need to use the exporter. All my Amiga games are in folders named with Game titles and Zipped. All games launches fine in FS-UAE. The same with CD32 roms, but here i had to leave them unpacked and import only the .cue files. Using FS-UAE 2.8.3

7 hours ago, cleverest said:

Thanks Zombeaver, but your tutorial video skips the associated platform part (I just watched it) specifically during the FS-USA UUI section (at about the 47:10 mark, this is AFTER you mention and show it during the previous FS-UAE emulator part... I know we keep the EXE the same now with all the improvements as per the annotation you provide, but in the video you just click to dismiss the dialog box after choosing the executable on the latter section...so I was curious, but it makes sense to have both associated platforms set to 'Commodore Amiga'

Yeah it's not really that it skips it so much as there's no difference between the two, and I show how to do it on the first one. I get what you're saying though, maybe I didn't make that clear enough. They both just need to be associated with whatever your platform for Amiga is named in LB. As far as "default" being checked or not, that's just personal preference - whichever one you think you'll be using more frequently when you import new stuff.

7 hours ago, refreshTM said:

i may be stupid, but i dont understand why you need to use the exporter.

Because that's the only way to launch them with the associated built-in config from OpenRetro (formerly OAGD). If you don't do that, you're just throwing the game at FS-UAE and hoping for the best. Now admittedly this has been improved by recent changes in the dev version, which makes it pull the launch arguments from the archive that you direct to FS-UAE, but that's still not as ideal as using the OpenRetro config, because that doesn't impact stuff like which Amiga model to use - I give an example of the significance of that when I talk about Hostages. Frode fixed the built-in config for that one after seeing the video :P

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Yeah it's not really that it skips it so much as there's no difference between the two, and I show how to do it on the first one. I get what you're saying though, maybe I didn't make that clear enough. They both just need to be associated with whatever your platform for Amiga is named in LB. As far as "default" being checked or not, that's just personal preference - whichever one you think you'll be using more frequently when you import new stuff.

Because that's the only way to launch them with the associated built-in config from OpenRetro (formerly OAGD). If you don't do that, you're just throwing the game at FS-UAE and hoping for the best. Now admittedly this has been improved by recent changes in the dev version, which makes it pull the launch arguments from the archive that you direct to FS-UAE, but that's still not as ideal as using the OpenRetro config, because that doesn't impact stuff like which Amiga model to use - I give an example of the significance of that when I talk about Hostages. Frode fixed the built-in config for that one after seeing the video :P

Ok understand, did'n t read all posts. sorry, me stupid :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey has anyone found a good solution to sorting out the naming and copies of each game when importing WHDLOAD, i have to manually rename each one to scrape for metadata and merge all the duplicate copies of the games together and its going to take forever, anyone got a way around this thanks

You shouldn't have to do any of that. As I said in the video, you have to tell it to use folder names when you go through the import wizard, not the filenames.

I only import one version per game but I think auto consolidation should allow you to do multiple and it should auto-merge them. I haven't tried doing an auto consolidate though - they way I always did it was exporting all of them into a temp folder, and then picking and choosing the versions that I wanted to import into LB, moving those to a permanent folder and then importing them and tell it to use folder names.

Good to hear. Yeah, I figured that should work pretty well. Typically I just grabbed one version for a game in the first place, so it's mostly a non-issue for me, but if you were to just dump a huge number of games, including multiple variants, into LB, that'd definitely be the way to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, they do work. I show how to enable them in the video via unsafe_save_states = 1. Per Frode, you should also enable relative_temp_feature = 1 to ensure greater reliability for them. I've tried it with a few games and it's seemed to work fine.

On 1/6/2017 at 6:46 PM, FrodeSolheim said:

If you are going to use unsafe_save_states = 1, then you should also use relative_temp_feature = 1. This will make the save states much more likely to work! The relative temp feature may become default in the future, but it needs to be explicitly enabled for now.

35 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Actually, they do work. I show how to enable them in the video via unsafe_save_states = 1. Per Frode, you should also enable relative_temp_feature = 1 to ensure greater reliability for them. I've tried it with a few games and it's seemed to work fine.

Sorry for the misinformation as I had my amiga set up before your video have tried it and it works thanks Zombeaver

My biggest wish for fsuae is to be able to use right stick as mouse.

ps great video