Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiga Emulation / FS-UAE: A Comprehensive Tutorial + Launchbox Integration


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

 

Hi, I registered here so I could give some feedback to the video. First off, I think it's great that people are creating videos about FS-UAE I'm adding a

Here is a list of issues (many new, some existing) in the github project(s) relevant to the video / thread: Disable floppy clicking sound when

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chris Kant said:

@Jason Carr is an importer system like the Import Tool for MAME something interesting for Launchbox as well?

Yes, I'm sure we could do something with Amiga importing. There's a few systems that could use a system like MAME. It's not always easy to prioritize them though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, I'm sure we could do something with Amiga importing. There's a few systems that could use a system like MAME. It's not always easy to prioritize them though.

Amiga is one of the few systems I do not like to import and configure in my Launchbox so far

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 10:48 AM, vaderag said:

 

It is compounded by the fact that Launchbox is also sending LED Blinky a quit command too, because it flashes the LED amiga controls but then shows the quit animation and goes back to Launchbox light scheme, hence why i'm 99% sure this is what is happening.

It only seems to happen with amiga...

Is there a fix for this problem?

Ledblinky also quits when I start a Amiga game

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, SpuRge said:

Is there a fix for this problem?

Ledblinky also quits when I start a Amiga game

The issue is we are using FS-UAE's Launcher.exe which calls fs-uae.exe. So when the launcher is done they pass off to execution to fs-uae.exe which does the actual emulation, so to LB, launcher.exe has ended.

I used a simple BAT file and a simple AHK script to watch for the real emulator (fs-uae) closing and LED lights stay on like expected.

See here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/52889-fs-uae-ledblinky-problem/?do=findComment&comment=335865

Edited by Headrush69
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody 

I am discovering Amiga emulation and I must tell that FS-UAE + WHDLoad is a very solid tool to play a great number of games perfectly.

I have watched twice the Zombeaver YouTube tutorial which is very clear and well detailed. 

Since 2016, both FS-UAE and WHDLoad have improved a lot and I didn't meet any problem you faced on your video (hostages, Citadel, After the War work perfectly without doing any extra configuration).

I have two questions :

1) Are there still WHDLoad games that need extra configuration ? What kind of configuration is it and what percentage of extra configuration do you have among the complete WHDLoad pack ?

2) I have 2 USB iBuffalo Classic gamepad that FS-UAE detect perfectly but when I try a 2 players game (kick off, pang, bubble bobble) I only have the 1st pad detected but not the second one. The only way I found is to replace my mouse by the 2nd controller but I don't understand why FS-Uae does not manage correctly multi players games controllers. I must have missed something.

How do you manage your controllers for multiplayer games ? Do I have to create a configuration for each multiplayer games ? What about 4 players games like Tip Off or Kick Off 2 ?

Many thanks,

Patgom145

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I am struggling to get a particular game working. Actually it was my favorite game in those days, called Oil Imperium or Black Gold. It can be found on whdload.de http://whdload.de/games/OilImperium.html

Yet, I did not find the right parameters to launch it via FS-UAE. Any help appreciated! Thanks

 

Edited by maschine
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again,

I am reasking my question differently.

Each game imported from the OpenRetro datase has its own configuration but always the same Joystick & Mouse port configuration :

- Amiga Joystick Default (USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad)

- Amiga Mouse Default (Mouse: Windows Mouse)

 

It is easy to change in the FS-UAE frontend "Amiga Mouse Default (Mouse: Windows Mouse)" with "Amiga Joystick Default (USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad#2)" but how do you make this choice automatic for each multiplayer game of the Openretro database you will launch in LB ?

I do not want to make this choice in the FS-UAE interface and I don't want neither make individual configuration for each multiplayer game.

How do you manage your multiplayer games configurations ?

Thanks,

Patgom145

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, Patgom145 said:

1) Are there still WHDLoad games that need extra configuration ? What kind of configuration is it and what percentage of extra configuration do you have among the complete WHDLoad pack ?

I can't give you a number but it's pretty unlikely that 100% of them are covered and that 100% of what's covered is correct considering I ran into problems with a test sample of only a couple hundred games. The reason the games I mentioned didn't have issues anymore is that the configs have been updated since then - their db is just like the lbgdb, it's user-maintained. Better than when I made the video? Sure. 100% perfect? Highly unlikely. I couldn't tell you what else is missing or wrong at this point.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, Patgom145 said:

2) I have 2 USB iBuffalo Classic gamepad that FS-UAE detect perfectly but when I try a 2 players game (kick off, pang, bubble bobble) I only have the 1st pad detected but not the second one. The only way I found is to replace my mouse by the 2nd controller but I don't understand why FS-Uae does not manage correctly multi players games controllers. I must have missed something.

How do you manage your controllers for multiplayer games ? Do I have to create a configuration for each multiplayer games ? What about 4 players games like Tip Off or Kick Off 2 ?

8 hours ago, Patgom145 said:

It is easy to change in the FS-UAE frontend "Amiga Mouse Default (Mouse: Windows Mouse)" with "Amiga Joystick Default (USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad#2)" but how do you make this choice automatic for each multiplayer game of the Openretro database you will launch in LB ?

I do not want to make this choice in the FS-UAE interface and I don't want neither make individual configuration for each multiplayer game.

How do you manage your multiplayer games configurations ?

Any time I've needed to change something from the automatic config, I've made my own config. If there's an easier way to resolve your specific issue, I'm not sure what it is. You would be better served directing that question to Frode himself on his Discord.

12 hours ago, maschine said:

I am struggling to get a particular game working. Actually it was my favorite game in those days, called Oil Imperium or Black Gold.

It's not working for me either. I'm getting an error on both the normal version (Oil Imperium) and the ReLINE one (Black Gold).

image.png.39e3117e0f3246d2919129f0d13e11e3.pngimage.png.982840fbc4d0218b43322862d6b85528.pngThe .adf version (specifically I was using "Oil Imperium v1.1e (1989) (reLINE) [cr MWB - Ikari]") seems to work though.

image.thumb.png.22d05ef871ff5d70320d4e1186ff8257.pngI'm not sure what the deal is with the WHDLoad versions. Might want to ask Frode.

The data that's on OpenRetro for the WHDLoad versions appears to be wrong as well, probably from an older version. The checksums don't match.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Zombeaver. That's exactly the same error message I get. Would it make sense to post the issue in the FS-UAE forum?

I also checked the adf version, and it worked also for me! However, it is quite laggy due to frequent floppy disk accesses.

Edited by maschine
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! There is a mistake in the oil imperium file. I have corrected the error. and created a new packed whdload version of oil imperium. this runs flawlessly!

if you like I can send them to you, then you can test them.

Edited by Ted
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ted said:

Hi there! There is a mistake in the oil imperium file. I have corrected the error. and created a new packed whdload version of oil imperium. this runs flawlessly!

if you like I can send them to you, then you can test them.

Hey ted, that is good news. Would you mind to provide me with the file?

edit: since this would be most likely against the forum policies, I have sent you a PM ;)

Edited by maschine
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...