LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiga Emulation / FS-UAE: A Comprehensive Tutorial + Launchbox Integration

1 hour ago, Pixelpiper said:

This is precisely why I used exported UUID.

But I'd really love to have the source code for the exporter to make a new applet that stores the LHA inside its correctly named folder - then stop using the UUID files. :)

@Eirulan actually released the source code for it when he made it. I believe it's in the thread he made for it (and probably in this one somewhere). I can take a look later and see if I can find it but he definitely did release that here.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, I registered here so I could give some feedback to the video. First off, I think it's great that people are creating videos about FS-UAE I'm adding a

.ipf is a floppy disk format that was created by the Software Preservation Society (formerly CAPS) for the preservation of original, unaltered (ie non-cracked) Amiga game disks. It's sortof similar to

Posted Images

Off topic but somewhat related. Does anyone have a working portable version of FS-UAE?

I see that it can use relative paths and I have the portable.ini file set in my root directory, but for the life of me, I can't break out of absolute paths. There seems to be a little documentation on it but its not clear to me. If anyone has working relative paths, I would love to see some examples. 

54 minutes ago, TheCodeMan said:

Off topic but somewhat related. Does anyone have a working portable version of FS-UAE?

I see that it can use relative paths and I have the portable.ini file set in my root directory, but for the life of me, I can't break out of absolute paths. There seems to be a little documentation on it but its not clear to me. If anyone has working relative paths, I would love to see some examples. 

I have a couple installers for some Amiga games on my site that are using an (at this point) older version of FS-UAE but they're completely portable/using relative paths. You might want to take a look at those. The only thing the installer is doing is creating desktop/start menu shortcuts.

Shadow of the Beast Collection

Elvira Collection

Perihelion: The Prophecy

1 hour ago, Zombeaver said:

Here you go, it's in this post.

Sweet! I'll take a look on the weekend - I have no experience with anything .NET, but I'll look into installing the necessary dev environment. Confident I'll figure out the syntax, just worried about getting anything to compile/build. :)