LaunchBox Community Forums

The Atari Lynx Contributor AND Moderators doing a good job

SentaiBrad

I should be doing this more often, and I should have done this sooner, but the user who is adding and editing the Atari Lynx section that I am moderating right now, I want to congratulate you. I just had a big stint of moderation's that were absurd or completely wrong. I had to reject a ton! I want to applaud you sir or ma'am for the completely accurate and fantastic submissions and changes. It's a breath of fresh air, and during this stint of moderation if I see "Atari Lynx" I know it's good.

This was happening for Amiga, DOS and a few other systems, I'll get a string of additions or changes that are completely on point, so I want to thank those users too, but the Atari Lynx contributor that I am moderating at this moment is what propelled me to make this thread.

So people can see all the threads about the completely wrong way that people are submitting games, and we know it's a problem we need to deal with, but I am very happy that we have users on both sides of the fence (contributor and moderators) that are doing their job properly. We recognize you and are very thankful. We know which moderators are not properly following the guidelines that they agreed to when they took on that mantle.

I just want to say thank you to those who are doing a badass job, because we really need it.

• Like 2

Well, I wasn't sure if I should reply since it probably looks like I'm tooting my own horn, but your words are much appreciated. I did the Atari Lynx stuff, since I just wanted to fill the missing info. Others had done great work with adding all images, which helped a lot. I just used the usual sources, MobyGames, GameFAQ, Wikipedia and in this case, also AtariAge.

I also agree with Amiga and DOS submissions, people that are doing those are submitting some quality stuff.

• Like 2

Thanks for letting us know, don't feel awkward about it. There are several people who dedicate them selves to a system or two at a time and really make quality submissions. I will admit that we're probably not operating at 100% on the Database as there are features that do need to get in there, but with the state it's in now it is very much appreciated that you and others work as best as you can given the limitations. Obviously Jason coded that up and did all the hard work, but I also take pride in this as once the features and systems were implemented, it was up to me to make guidelines and get things going, so like the videos on YouTube, I take a specific special interest and pride in our Database. With some deliberation and input, the guidelines were a way to try and create order, and as time goes on they got expanded (though not in a while, but I don't think they really need to be...?) as features and issues came up. It's not perfect, and we do things differently as our goal is take make it the best database companion for LaunchBox, but when all is said and done this is something we can all be proud of to say we're leaving some sort of mark somewhere.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...