1,929 posts in this topic

t43f3kr.png

Welcome any and all!

Some of you may know who I am and some of you may not.

For those of you that do, HELLO! For those of you that don't, NICE TO MEET YOU! And perhaps I should take this time to introduce myself.

My name is James Cristopher Baker. I am 34 years old, and absolutely love EVERYTHING graphic design. 2 years ago I set out to do something different when it came to theme designs for Arcade Frontends. At the time, HyperSpin. During my duration there I learned a lot of valuable knowledge pertaining everything Graphic Design. I made a lot of friends that were helpful. From Vector redraws in PhotoShop and Illustrator,,,,to Video design in Premiere Pro and After Effects. Now allow me to backtrack a little and establish that everything video has been self taught. As some of you may know, most of the artwork at HyperSpin is made through PhotoShop. Themes that feature High Quality PNG's. I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted more effects and more ways to create animations. So, "The HyperSpin Cinematic Project" was born. It has been the hardest, most grueling thing I have ever taken on in my life. There is nothing I can do to make any of you understand what I go through to design my themes. Now, don't think I'm trying to give the impression that I'm the best thing since peanut butter and jelly, BECAUSE I'M NOT! I am a loner at heart, yet crave attention! Take that however you want to perceive it. Mainly all of my closest friends understand that I am very blunt and straight to the point. I never yell (Except when I'm watching football) and ALWAYS treat people with respect.

So with that said -- I HOPE TO ONLY ATTRACT respectful individuals to this thread. People who are willing to give positive critique and feedback. People who are willing to respect me for what I do. People that will not cry about me being over-zealous. So no complaining about piddly things such as, "The music is terrible" etc... Things like changing the music is very simple. There are FREE easy to install video editing programs that anyone can use to EASILY change the music to your desired needs. 

Anyhow, why did I come to LaunchBox?

Easy....

Talking with Jason and browsing through the forums gave me this wonderful feeling of positivity. Something I hadn't really felt in a long time. HyperSpin has become so over-run with negativity, I seriously believe there will be no recovery for them. I expect sometime in the future for them to release a new and improved frontend, but with everything I know about the founders and what goes on there,,,,they WILL NOT have what it takes to maintain it.

LaunchBox on the other hand has BY FAR the most positive person I have ever met in this world of frontends behind the reigns. You guys know him as Jason Carr. I know him as.....well..................................Jason Carr.

His live update streams and CONSTANT involvement made the decision very easy. I hope in time that most of you will open up and get involved. I love you all and well...............HERE GOES NOTHING!

Edited by JamesBaker
26 people like this

Just now, Porl Hendy said:

Glad to see your themes over here at launchbox :)

Thank you Brother Porl! I'm currently in the process of rendering my videos with a launchbox watermark. Then have the painstaking process of reuploading them all, but in the end will be worth it. It's all about presentation my friend! At some point expect me to start asking you guys all kinds of questions on how to go about operating launchbox, lol! I've got a lot of catching up to do.

But sentiment such as yours is so so so APPRECIATED! 

bY2CMwm.png

2 people like this

Awesome to have your videos on board.  Now don't need to get a Hyperspin premium . 

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, BakerMan said:

Thank you Brother Porl! I'm currently in the process of rendering my videos with a launchbox watermark. Then have the painstaking process of reuploading them all, but in the end will be worth it. It's all about presentation my friend! At some point expect me to start asking you guys all kinds of questions on how to go about operating launchbox, lol! I've got a lot of catching up to do.

But sentiment such as yours is so so so APPRECIATED! 

bY2CMwm.png

Love the Launchbox watermark/seal. Reminds me of the Nintendo seal

Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality.png

Longtime fan Mr.Baker and glad to see you here. Will you also be uploading your "Baker Classics" as well? The wiiware and sonic theme of yours are my absolute favorites!

1 person likes this

hey JJB,

good of to see the move has gone without incident :). Anyway your stuff is awesome and I whole heartedly respect your heart being on your sleeve man. Refreshing and I wish you all the best over here and I will check in now and again.

just to confirm the only place to get your stuff now will be here? Is the Hyperspin stuff going? Or staying there? (It's still there atm)

Im SO CONFUSED!! I don't have them all yet and don't plan on going premium here unless they get an Android app.

1 person likes this

I’m so glad that you’ve joined LaunchBox. This is the beginning of something beautiful :)

2 people like this

hey BakerMan,

I am so happy to see you have joined this community. I find your videos to be extremely high quality and very attractive. LaunchBox / BigBox is really attracting great people!

I look forward to have your theme videos playing on my arcade cabinet.

:D 

2 people like this

Welcome to the lightside, Mr. Baker :) Glad to see you here. Like you, I moved from Hyperspin (and EMulationStation) to Launchbox and haven't looked back. Although I became a platinum member in Hyperspin specifically for your themes, I think you've made the right decision to also produce them for LB. BTW, have you opened a patreon or anything of the sort? Now that you aren't bound by Hyperspin (I don't think?) I wouldn't mind donating DIRECTLY to someone making content I enjoy rather than give more money to Hyperspin for them to NOT pay their content producers.

TL;DR Good to see you here, Mr. Baker. With you and nyny77 making Bigbox cinematics, LB is seriously becoming the place to be for the best (IMO) audio/visual presentation in frontends.

Edited by shadowblind
2 people like this

40 minutes ago, shadowblind said:

Welcome to the lightside, Mr. Baker :) Glad to see you here. Like you, I moved from Hyperspin (and EMulationStation) to Launchbox and haven't looked back. Although I became a platinum member in Hyperspin specifically for your themes, I think you've made the right decision to also produce them for LB. BTW, have you opened a patreon or anything of the sort? Now that you aren't bound by Hyperspin (I don't think?) I wouldn't mind donating DIRECTLY to someone making content I enjoy rather than give more money to Hyperspin for them to NOT pay their content producers.

TL;DR Good to see you here, Mr. Baker. With you and nyny77 making Bigbox cinematics, LB is seriously becoming the place to be for the best (IMO) audio/visual presentation in frontends.

I know you can donate to James on his Youtube channel at the moment: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxNgRrtLSth94xOHNUHqUfw/about

and click on "support this channel". 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, ALIE said:

Awesome to have your videos on board.  Now don't need to get a Hyperspin premium . 

Thanks Alie!

6 hours ago, imdavid555 said:

Love the Launchbox watermark/seal. Reminds me of the Nintendo seal

Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality.png

Longtime fan Mr.Baker and glad to see you here. Will you also be uploading your "Baker Classics" as well? The wiiware and sonic theme of yours are my absolute favorites!

Thanks man! Yes, my entire catalogue will be coming with me. As of for Wiiware and the sonic theme I screwed up and accidentally deleted my project files a long time, I am so sorry man! But doesn't mean we can't come up with something in the future. I look forward to you following along,,,thanks brother-man!

6 hours ago, Thatman84 said:

hey JJB,

good of to see the move has gone without incident :). Anyway your stuff is awesome and I whole heartedly respect your heart being on your sleeve man. Refreshing and I wish you all the best over here and I will check in now and again.

just to confirm the only place to get your stuff now will be here? Is the Hyperspin stuff going? Or staying there? (It's still there atm)

Im SO CONFUSED!! I don't have them all yet and don't plan on going premium here unless they get an Android app.

Yes, I fully parted ways with HyperSpin. Everything you see there now will stay, but will not continuie to be updated. Everything new will be exclusively here. I am so sorry, but keep in mind that all feedback in here will be viewed by Jason. So make sure to be involved and watch your thoughts and ideas come to life!

Thanks for everything brother! Thanks for being a fan and always having nothing but wonderful sentiment to express. It goes such a long way!

4 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I’m so glad that you’ve joined LaunchBox. This is the beginning of something beautiful :)

Cid! hey man, so glad to see you in here! You've been around swince the beginning and have ALWAYS been a wonderful source of positivity! Keep that up my man!

2 hours ago, Pacman56 said:

hey BakerMan,

I am so happy to see you have joined this community. I find your videos to be extremely high quality and very attractive. LaunchBox / BigBox is really attracting great people!

I look forward to have your theme videos playing on my arcade cabinet.

:D 

I appreciate that Pacman! I work hard to make these themes really shine! Glad you noticed!

51 minutes ago, shadowblind said:

I agree with all you said. Sorry brother need a bit of clarification... You do know my themes will beimplemented into big box downloads right? You will not to donate to me in order to get them. Sorry for the misunderstanding. But anyways, I do appreiate the sentiment and thanks for sticking up for me. You're a gem brother-man!

Why leave the Hyperspin Community? if i may ask.

Edited by ALIE
1 person likes this

Just now, ALIE said:

Sure ALWAYS feel free to ask me anything. It is not out of disrespect for anyone there, so I want to really clarify that. It's just the overwhleming feeling of negativity that has been allowed to run rampant over there. The place has become saturated with doom and gloom and it is not good froma  creative standpoint. Jason introduced me to a world of positivityu that was impossible to pass up!

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Oh and LaunchBox is a career for the major people involved here. HyperSpin is just a hobby for those guys. Not saying htat is a bad thing! Everyone is allowed to treat the frontend world to how they see fit. It's just I take my work so seriously and treat is as a careere as well. Hopefully that makes sense.

Edited by BakerMan
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, BakerMan said:

Oh and LaunchBox is a career for the major people involved here. HyperSpin is just a hobby for those guys. Not saying htat is a bad thing! Everyone is allowed to treat the frontend world to how they see fit. It's just I take my work so seriously and treat is as a careere as well. Hopefully that makes sense.

cool as someone who´s been involved over there.  do you think the platinum donation is worth making now that your stuff isnt a part of something to gain .. is there anything else that makes it worth it?   i dont really care about the sync program since i dont  wanna set up hyperspin anyway

Just now, ALIE said:

cool as someone who´s been involved over there.  do you think the platinum donation is worth making now that your stuff isnt a part of something to gain .. is there anything else that makes it worth it?   i dont really care about the sync program since i dont  wanna set up hyperspin anyway

No, I see no point in it at all. All of my future updates will exclusively be here. And they do nothing to update it on a regular basis.

1 person likes this

yah i was only really considering because of your video's.

and then maybe a big exclusive media library , but if that doesn't  exist i see no reason 

1 person likes this

So glad to see you come to the LaunchBox side! Love every single one of your themes! :D Can't wait to see what you have in store for BigBox in the future!

1 person likes this

Just now, LukeArio said:

So glad to see you come to the LaunchBox side! Love every single one of your themes! :D Can't wait to see what you have in store for BigBox in the future!

Thank you Mr. Ario! Things are about to get very interesting, to say the least.

1 person likes this

BakerFriend. Maybe a nice idea for you to create a BigBox theme ?? Good for your (New) xaml skills, and good for the community to see another (great) theme

3 people like this