LaunchBox Community Forums

9 hours ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@JamesBaker is there a problem with downloading your videos from within LaunchBox, twice now i have tried to download your New Sega MasterSystem V2, left it running for 15 to 20 minutes each time but nothing downloads and LaunchBox stays on a full green progress bar at bottom but still nothing, internet connection is fine and when i cleaned internet cache with cc cleaner after the failed 2 attempts it cleaned 170mb of temporary files but still nothing downloaded.  

9 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@Maddoc1007 I do not think it is just an issue with his videos. I was updating game meta data today and had issues as well with long download times. Finally just left it alone and later in the day I was able to download some files. However, tried again a while ago and same issue with long download times. 

I'm checking it right now you guys.

@Maddoc1007    @Retro808

Brothers, it downloads really fast for me. However, the green bar at the botom did not actually show the progress. It filled up really quick and about 5-10 seconds after it finished. It's a 67.2 MB file, so take whatever your internet speed is and determine how long a 67 mb download should take. I have super duper fast internet, so like I said it took no time for me, but it looks like the progress bar is not actually in sync with the downloads.

Hopefully that helps.

P.S. -- I have had slow downloads in the past just like you guys, so yeah, it may be just a problem with launchbox. All I do is upload my videos to Jason's server and it auto detects. For example, rermember the Batman Playlist I made awhile back?

Well, all I had to do on my end was create a Batman folder on the server and drop the video in it and it auto creates it for launchbox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesBaker said:

Too soon? :) 

Never too soon for more videos. Even if not emulated yet. :ph34r::D

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Any plans for a "Computers" and "Pinball" platform videos? 

Of course brother. Anything and everything will hopefully be covered at some point. :) 

• Like 1

Well, I've strayed away from something for awhile now. ...

Redraws. 

The most therapeutic part of all of this is DRAWING. No matter if I'm good at it or not, it's the funnest thing to work on. It's just so damn time consuming. O.o

But there is a certain theme I have wanted to try and recreate for a long time now and that goes hand in hand with the retail box look.....

Take a look at this video....

Pretty impressive huh? Well, there was a time I couldn't do something like that, but now I can. Or I at least want to take it on. The user that posted that is "J-Sinn" He mainly contributes art for Hyperspin. He is REALLY GOOD and I suggest for any of you to seek out his work and give him praise. Not sure what he is up to these days. but if memory serves me correctly, in a  conversation I had with him, he mentioned that a couple of other people did the art for that and he did the animations. One of those other people was @Sub-Zero... but anyways, along with sub, he was one of the VERY FEW that was friendly to me during, "those days." 

There's a part of me that feels offish about doing it, because nothing is worse than somebody coming along and piggy backing off of your work. I just hope they can understand it goes hand in hand with what I am currently working on. 

Also, over the past year I've had 3 instances where someone has either contacted me or made reference to "their idea" and has made me feel like maybe I was doing something wrong. Perhaps I am being waaaaaaaaaay to paranoid about all of this, but the first instance, was when I first released my gbc boot remake on my youtube channel. Within an hour of releasing it, someone contacted me from the retropi scene (which I know absolutely nothing about) about how I had stolen their idea and directed me to his video. He had released it the day before, so I was like, "Dude, I promise to you on my life that is not the case. It took me 3-4 days to make it. It's not like I saw yours and whipped mine up really quick to spite you." The dude ended up replying nicely and things worked out.....

The second time was a littel more than a couple months back when styphelus made the comments about me using his idea coinciding with the retail box look. And referenced his banner thread. I promise I did not copy your idea dude! lol

In the end, I'm probably garneringtoo much attention this type of issue. As in, my paranoia is getting the best of me. I just constantly worry about self-image and trying to do things the right way. (Even though I fail miserably at all of that, constantly  9_9

But anyways, back to what I began this column with...........

REDRAWS   ...........

Original GameBoy Box art....

KlGmEOR.jpg

Ignore the right side of left hand. That will be overlapped by the gameboy....

Redraw thus far...

hvBaHMh.png

Edited by JamesBaker
  • Like 8

Looking good as always @JamesBaker  Excited to see the end result. keep up the good work my brotha. There are a lot of us that appreciate all the time and effort you put into what you share with the community. 

• Like 2