LaunchBox Community Forums

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

image.png.5b91fa858cc29d8f2dd6bf6be70fa14f.pngnuff said

It about time that city won a SuperBowl. They had just as long a drought as mah Chiefs....:D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It about time that city won a SuperBowl. They had just as long a drought as mah Chiefs....:D

Don't get me wrong,, I am a part of the mahomes bandwagon BUT do take into consideration that we just traded a guy who is coming off the best season of his life.. best qb rating overall, 26td's, 5 int's....

Plus, last year we had foles on the bench. I find it funny that superbowl qb's = benchwarmeres in kansas city.. smh   9_9

• Like 1

Well to be fair Foles was riding the pine here and his previous seasons before arriving in KC weren't stellar either. I even doubted him the whole time but I'm glad he proved me wrong. Its Andy Reid he's cursed you guys can keep him. Philly was glad to be rid of him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JamesBaker said:

Don't get me wrong,, I am a part of the mahomes bandwagon BUT do take into consideration that we just traded a guy who is coming off the best season of his life.. best qb rating overall, 26td's, 5 int's....

Plus, last year we had foles on the bench. I find it funny that superbowl qb's = benchwarmeres in kansas city.. smh   9_9

Preach on brother preach on Alex was supposed to be the one. We got a thing for 49er QBs coming to KC. 6 in total came to KC to never produce a Super Bowl win.

Edited by Retro808
  • Haha 1

Can't we talk about proper football? The game where u kick a ball into the net. Not soccer... Football :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Porl Hendy said:

Can't we talk about proper football? The game where u kick a ball into the net. Not soccer... Football :)

I dont know...

I've always thought of 'futbol' as 'kickball.'

Ya see, in American 'FOOTBALL' the ball is transported via 'feet' to the endzone. Whereas, in european 'futbol' the ball is actually 'kicked' repeatedly to it's destination. Yeah, I think 'kickball' is a better representation of it on your guys end. ;)

And now that I think about it... 'Kicking' the ball would be the same as 'socking' the ball. So yeah, soccer makes sense too...

xD

P.S. -- You gotta admit I make a good argument... 

• Like 1

Sorry Porl I got another point to throw out there...

Take this kid for instance...

a-little-boy-born-without-feet-was-invit

I don't know much about him, except for that he's from brazil. He's sheer proof that you don't even need your FEET to play european football.

Whereas, with American Football it is 100% guaranteed that you have to have feet, otherwise it would be impossible to play.

:P

Edited by JamesBaker

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

British people made up the name soccer anyway.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/13/soccer-not-football-_n_5492714.html

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/06/the-origin-of-the-word-soccer/

added another source in case the Huffington Post isn't credible enough

Nice article, plus there's nothing in there that disproves my "socking" theory. Now, I know it says that Association Football was reduced to Assoccer, but then they went on to change it to just, "soccer." Someone could have been all like, "Hey we're just 'socking' the ball over and over let's just reduce it to 'soccer.'"

I'm really good with theories.  :)  

• Like 1

You know...it's called soccer in several countries around the world. Canada, USA, South Africa, Japan, Ireland , Australia and New Zealand all call it soccer. Itally calls it Calcio. Calcio for crying out loud and no one complains. Countries like Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia call it Nogomet. It was also called soccer in England for the longest time. It's an abbreviation of it's proper name - association football. It wasn't until the 80's that English TV stated pushing for it be called Football once again. The reason a lot of other countries call it some variation of football is because they couldn't come up with a word for it and just used some variation of english. Back in the day the sport of Football separated and became Rugby Football and Association Football. In the USA, Rugby Football evolved into American Football. Since soccer was commonly used in England to refer to Association Football, they started calling it soccer as well. Blame England for that! 

In football (soccer, calico, nogomet) the majority of the goals are scored by the foot, in American football u score most of the points with the ball in the hand lol

U can't show me 1 person who has no feet and say that it's a valid reason for it not to be called football lol 

Either way we are talking about proper football which is what I asked for so thank you guys haha

• Haha 1

In football (soccer, calico, nogomet) the majority of the goals are scored by the foot, in American football u score most of the points with the ball in the hand lol

U can't show me 1 person who has no feet and say that it's a valid reason for it not to be called football lol 

Either way we are talking about proper football which is what I asked for so thank you guys haha

Right, but our mailman delivers mail ON FOOT, not ON HAND. Sure, he carries the mail in his hands, but essentially has to use HIS FEET to get to all of his destinations. Same concept with American Football. They essentially deliver the ball, ON FOOT, to the end zone. Sure, they pass the ball and are always carrying the ball with their hands, but it is their feet, their feet porl, that gets the players (and the ball) to the proper destination.

You don't have to have your feet in european football, porl. If all of the players had no legs they could still move around with their arms and just head butt the ball like crazy. It would still be a viable game. And sorry, the picture PROVES IT...

You literally DO NOT have to have feet in order to play european football. 

:P;)xD:P;)xD

:)

• Haha 2

Wanted to share a little preview of my collection of platforms, through all the theme videos I've collected via LB's downloader! Most of these are by our beloved James, and so I share this with his approval! I go through Consoles, Arcades, Handhelds and Computers!

As I say in the description, I may record spotlight videos with narration for certain classic games that appeal to me the most, and discuss why they're classic to me! I think the games that I might explore first are the ones that I actually played first on the very classic NES back when I was seven or eight, including:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Stinger
  • Rygar

I think that for a non-dedicated video maker that might be sufficient for the short term :) I'll think of more after I do those.

However, unfortunately I cannot do that this weekend! This weekend is Pensacon, the best event to happen in Pensacola throughout the year, and I'll be volunteering two of the days and attending the third. So maybe next week after I've had a rest and thought about more of the script that I'll say, I'll record these. :)

Love you all; take care!

PS. If someone wanted to take the time and catalog these videos - put up lists of the descriptions as shown in the LaunchBox downloader of each theme video in the order seen in my videos - I could then update the descriptions with them. I'd really appreciate it, but for the reason mentioned above I don't currently have time to do it myself. :)

• Thanks 1

Dude....you took that staightt from me. Don't go telling me you didn't. It's  an exact replica down to the centered text. The original box has text right aligned. Where did you get the console image from? All images on Google are facing the other way. I got mine by asking a guy on another forum nicely if I could have it. I post my stuff and 3 weeks later you came out with the same exact thing. You just redid the text part so you could animated it. 

Stop using my work and claiming it's yours!

Here is an overlay of mine and yours. Right down to the grid alignment. Coincidence?

5a921193a5347_GCEVectrex.thumb.png.7638bec16877189eec05f682f8501358.png

Edited by Styphelus
  • Confused 2