LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to have the video background for all the game view !! I use cover Flow with detail view and i wish the video background will stay when i get in the game view...  it would be nice for the futur wall game view too !!

Edited by xyzmusik

On 6/18/2017 at 1:19 PM, CriticalCid said:

@BadServo Sorry I somehow must've missed your comment. Good observation, maybe it will help @Jason Carr to track the bug down.

@xyzmusik I will offer CriticalZone 2.0 in a full background video version. Hopefully it will be ready for release by end of the month :)

Ohhh you can take as long as your want haha.

Keltoigael’s comment made me think that I should give you guys a proper status update for 2.0 as I'm constantly insisting to wait for it regarding small issues and feature requests concerning CriticalZone.

To be honest, almost everything except the revised background video engine is ready for release since at least a month. My initial approach for what I have planned for the background videos didn’t work out as I would have wanted it and as I don’t want to release half-baked stuff I will withhold the release until everything is exactly like I want it. Currently I’m working together with @eatkinola to get it done (actually he is doing all the hard work, I’m just giving my input and do the testing ;)) and we are nearly at the finish line. At the moment we are waiting that Jason adds a missing feature for the plug-in engine so that we can move forward. So @Jason Carr if you read this, check your PMs :P

Jason has also added a Wall View to Big Box in the latest beta version so I will probably include a custom version of it as well with 2.0 but that probably won’t delay the release at all, so no worries ;)

And before anybody gets too hyped: Please don’t expect a complete new theme. I've changed and added a lot of stuff but it looks mostly the same as the current version just with a few new added features and a lot of small changes to streamline and unify the whole theme experience.
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Currently I’m working together with @eatkinola to get it done (actually he is doing all the hard work, I’m just giving my input and do the testing ;)) and we are nearly at the finish line. At the moment we are waiting that Jason adds a missing feature for the plug-in engine so that we can move forward.

Cid -- I think I've solved those last two issues. I found a nice way (I think) to fix the video-lock feature without needing a new feature in the plugin system. I'll send a version for you to test today or tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

And before anybody gets too hyped: Please don’t expect a complete new theme.

Got a sneak-peak during testing, and it's got some nice changes that definitely boosts the experience.  I'm looking forward to Cid's upcoming release.

• Like 4

On 2017-06-18 at 1:19 PM, CriticalCid said:

@BadServo Sorry I somehow must've missed your comment. Good observation, maybe it will help @Jason Carr to track the bug down.

@xyzmusik I will offer CriticalZone 2.0 in a full background video version. Hopefully it will be ready for release by end of the month :)

Wow glad to here that news !!  Its gonna awsome !!  Btw really like the work you did with CriticalZone its my favorite theme of all !!! Keep it up Cid !!!

• Like 2

I posted this via the Report a Bug feature...

Prior to this latest update (7.11 Beta 5) whenever my machine would boot and auto launch BigBox Mode, my Arcade Favorites platform would be my default view and its video would display. However, since the upgrade to the latest beta, when my machine auto launches Big Box Mode, it no longer displays anything on the screen (other than a black screen) for my Arcade Favorite default view. If I move my joystick around I can hear BigBox Mode functioning, but nothing is displayed. After about 20 secs., BigBox Mode will go to my games and display everything properly. Now, if I go back to the BigBox Mode menus and then re-launch my Arcade Favorites platform view, it loads everything fine. If I completely exit out of BigBox Mode and re-launch it, it works fine. This only seems to happen when the app launches for its initial time on a restarted machine.

Latest beta (7.11 beta 5),

Windows 10

Everytime since the upgrade (only when booting up the machine)

This only seems to happen when I use the CriticalZone theme.  NOTE: This continues to happen with beta 6 as well.  Please advise. Thank you.

Sorry but I guess that I can’t help you with it. If you experience this issue only with the latest betas than it’s most likely a general BigBox issue as I haven’t changed anything in the theme code for the current version since quite a while.

But I saw that you already posted that issue in the latest beta thread so your best chance to get your issue sorted out is to talking there with @Jason Carr about it :)

Well its a major bug for you if it was a MAJOR bug 100s of people would be reporting it. You posted the bug issues now relax and see if Jason can figure it out and get you running how you would like but it probably isn't going to happen overnight.

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

well its a major bug for you if it was a MAJOR bug 100s of people would be reporting it you posted the bug issues now relax and see if Jason can figure it out and get you running how you would like but it probably isn't going to happen overnight.

Well here's the problem with that mindset.  1.  It has been reported  for a while now.  2.  Due to the licensing, I only have updates until July 25th, 2017 (so I might be stuck with a broken build of the program). 3. It is happening with ALL themes; only default works without issue.

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Can you link me to the post where others are reporting this

I never stated others have reported, and, frankly, I don't care if others have reported it.  I have stated, however, that this is impacting multiple themes (all the ones I've tested other than Default have this issue).  Since this is a paid product, I expect bugs (small to you, big to others) to be evaluated and rectified.  With the end of my Premium license coming soon, I would like for this issue to be rectified before my license expires.  This was never an issue until the 7.11 beta 5 update.  If it is related to a .NET Framework update (which was required by LaunchBox), so be it, but it is still a bug in the LaunchBox program (or a bug in the way themes are being generated for LaunchBox).

It’s definitely helpful that you could confirm that it’s a new bug which was introduced in the latest betas and not related to CriticalZone. But now it’s also clear that this thread here is the wrong place to talk about this ;)

I know that it can be frustrating if it takes a while until Jason looks into your problem but keep in mind that he’s just one man who is working very hard on the product and it’s even harder for him to decide what needs his immediate focus. Also it’s a beta version and not an offical release after all, non-crucial bugs (crucial in terms of breaking an important part or even worse the whole software for the majority of all users) don’t need to be fixed asap as long as it will be taken care of them before the final stable version.

But like I already said is this the wrong thread for this and I ask you to move this discussion to the latest LB Beta thread.

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Okay boss I wanted to look into your issue a little more and maybe discuss it with the mods but now you just come back with a shitty ass attitude. Good luck with your issue

My attitude isn't "shitty" when a paid product becomes broken with a limited window to have a fix done.  Reporting the bug via the program's reporting feature has resulted in 0 comments or updates from the program creator.  Commenting in the beta thread results in the program creator giving minor care/comments on the issue.

If it's a beta bug, then it needs to be talked about in the proper location and not here. I haven't read up on whats going on, but Jason does see whats going on and if a bug has been introduced in a beta, he'll take care of it, if it's properly logged so he can see it. If he's never told, he'll never know. If it was a beta update, you can install the latest official on top of your current install to roll back temporarily, or go back even a single beta. In ..\LaunchBox\Updates, there's exe's for quite a few previous downloads. Beta's an and sometimes to introduce bugs.

• Like 1