LaunchBox Community Forums

I have a much simpler question. Would it be possible to add a wheel like in the RetroFresh Theme? Basically add the tinted glass you use for the game descriptions behind the wheel and add the selection blue box to the item in the middle. I tried doing it by adding it to my background images but the blue selection box would also show up in the Games Detail View since it uses the same background image so that was a no, no. 

What code would I need to change in the files? I made several poor attempts with no luck but I don't know code. I was just copying and pasting porting from one theme to another but that didn't work. Here is a mock up.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Styphelus

That’s definitely possible but nothing that you can do by just copy+pasting some code around if you don’t know what you exactly do.

I’ll take a look at it over the weekend.

Thanks, That's perfect. You just made my day!

Anyway you can do the same for the games view (wheelgamesview.xaml) and game details view but in the games details view only add the tinted glass. The theme already has a blue bar to select the items there (manual, hide, favorites and so on).

That would complete it for me.

first of all thx for your Theme!

a request... There is the possibility to add "recent games" launch in the orizontal platform view (with video) in place of console/pc description ?

On 21.2.2018 at 6:51 AM, dnm said:

first of all thx for your Theme!

a request... There is the possibility to add "recent games" launch in the orizontal platform view (with video) in place of console/pc description ?

Yes, that's quite easy. What version of the theme are you using?

On 19.2.2018 at 3:07 AM, Styphelus said:

Thanks, That's perfect. You just made my day!

Anyway you can do the same for the games view (wheelgamesview.xaml) and game details view but in the games details view only add the tinted glass. The theme already has a blue bar to select the items there (manual, hide, favorites and so on).

That would complete it for me.

I'll try to get you these on this weekend.

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

Yes, that's quite easy. What version of the theme are you using?

I'll try to get you these on this weekend.

I use mainly CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox_BackgroundFanartOnly

if it's possible add the features to horizontal and vertical views because I like both and I like to change :D

Just now, CriticalCid said:

The navigation for this element doesn't work in the horizontal views, so no, only vertical.

Ok

Sorry but I must’ve forgot your request. I’ll see that I find the time for it soon.

Loving the blue theme. Very nice.

I just need to find a way to add this and it will be complete

16 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Sorry but I must’ve forgot your request. I’ll see that I find the time for it soon.

thx

Slight issue - I have selected the "scroll details" under the platform details menu in BB. However, they won't scroll. The platform description however does scroll. Is this a bug? Thanks.

It's not a bug, it's a design choice. I noticed that the texts in the two columns scroll asynchronous after a while because of the different text lengths in the columns. As that looked really horrible in my eyes I’ve decided to deactivate the scrolling for the details completely.

On 3/19/2018 at 1:34 AM, CriticalCid said:

Please don't forget mine either. You had previously changed the selection wheel for me but can you do the same for the games view (wheelgamesview.xaml) and the details view (but add only the glass in the details view) . 

Happy easter everybody. I just released my new Big Box theme, it's a port of the well beloved HyperSpin Unfied Widescreen Megatheme Project. And yes, it also features the spinning discs. I assure you it's no April fools joke :)

• Like 2