LaunchBox Community Forums

• 4 weeks later...

CriticalZone v2.3 released!

This update is mainly focused on fixing/improving things for the new theming changes that come with LB v9.4

Unfortunately, I had to scrap the background video plugin as it wasn’t compatible with LB v9.4 anymore. You can now only set up a single background video throughout the whole theme. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Default version that is bundled with LaunchBox will get updated automatically but if you use one of the versions from the download section make sure to update them now as they won’t work under LB v9.4 anymore!

I also updated my two other themes “Aeon MQ7” and “Unified”. They will get released once the stable version of LB v9.4 comes out as they will require it but the CriticalZone update should work fine with any previous LB versions.

Changelog:

v2.3 - LB v9.4 (02/10/19)
- Removed: eatkinola's video engine plugin was removed due to incompatibility with the recent theming engine changes in LB v9.4
    Therefore, it isn’t possible anymore to set up more than one background video. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Fixed: Boxes Games View - Videos in widescreen format were too close to the game details

- Updated: The theme was updated and tested for the new theming engine changes in LB v9.4

• Like 7

Hi Cid

Another curly one for you. Is it possible and if so what do i do to make the standard 'text list with details view' show both a logo/marquee of the current system your in and the game you have highlighted.

I've uploaded two photos, the first is text list with details standard view, unmodified

Untitled1.thumb.png.25e22199c96de25212664a0a09867e39.pngthe second pic is a quick mockup of what i'm trying to achieve.Notice the platform logo (top left) and the game clear logo/marquee (top right)

Untitled3.thumb.png.3f6ffc6a1b02f95a3de1b79a696b0e08.png

basically what i am trying to achieve is something akin to horizontal wheel 3, except with a vertical game selector, and standard text as the game selector, not a clear logo/box.

I love horizontal wheel 3 otherwise, as it has it all; box, clear logo, video snap, game details and platform logo.

I hope that was clear enough. I've been mucking aorund with es through retropi and i'm much more familiar with modifying and tweaking themes in it, but bigbox is a whole new kettle of fish.

thanks again

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted 10 days ago.

Last visited 6 minutes ago. Yeah.

I guess you spied an opportunity to make yourself look good, get people smashing that like button, off the back of my comment @GreenGriffon. I have been 10 days worth of patient. All I'm after is a (possible) solution to my problem, not to get in a battle of wills or annoy anyone.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

Hey @JamesBond@ge, I haven’t actively ignored you. I’ve more like forgot your request. I try to visit the forum regularly to be up to date on what’s going with LB and the community but in most cases I don’t have the time to respond immediately to messages, not to even speak of tailoring my themes to extra wishes.

Unfortunately, this means that sometimes I forget about messages that reach me when I just took a quick look on the forums, please believe me that it was no ill will against you from my side.

I understand that it might be frustrating to feel like being ignored but I would highly appreciate it if you don’t accuse other people of lower motives without any reason.

Nevertheless, as I feel bad that I have forgotten about you I just took the time and immediately started to edit the View to your wishes. Here you go:

Wheel3GamesView.xaml

• Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 1