LaunchBox Community Forums

7 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

FYI because it just came up in the Discord chat.

If you want to fully use the new background video engine and you need a great source for generic videos, than I highly recommend this YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/dvdangor2011

Remember to read the guide in the theme folder on how to set them up.

That link takes me back to the hyperspaz days when the whole cinematic thingy started. :)

tenor.gif

• Like 1

CriticalZone v2.0.1 released!

Just a quick bug fix.

2.0.1 - LB v.7.11 (08/17/2017)
- Fixed: A timing issue in the Ao.Bigbox.Themer plug-in caused that the bakcground video(s) in the Platform Views didn’t start/were paused sometimes when BigBox was started. That should be fixed now.

If you have already downloaded 2.0 you can just extract this dll file to CriticalZoneV2's Plugins folder and replace the old one with it:

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.zip

You have to unblock the dll file again once you have replaced it!

• Like 2

HI @CriticalCid Just got a error in bigbox which i posted in the beta thread, but thought i would post here also as there is reference to the plugin included with your theme.

Unable to return a TimeSpan property value for a Duration value of 'Automatic'. Check the HasTimeSpan property before requesting the TimeSpan property value from a Duration.

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.11-beta-12
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    System.TimeSpan get_TimeSpan()
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Duration.get_TimeSpan()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.MediaTrack.SetupStoryboard()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.MediaTrack.OnMediaOpened(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.AVElementHelper.OnMediaOpened(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Media.UniqueEventHelper.InvokeEvents(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Media.UniqueEventHelper.InvokeEvents(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaEventsHelper.OnMediaPrerolled(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

12:48:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:48:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:48:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:48:56 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:48:57 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:48:59 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:07 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:08 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:37 PM Music.Initialize Start
   12:49:37 Music.Kill Start
   12:49:37 Music.Kill Finished
   12:49:41 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:43 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:48 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:53 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:55 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:57 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:58 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:58 PM Exception

25 minutes ago, Charco said:

I had that issue with the blue background video not appearing again after exiting from a game back to Big Box. Using CriticalZone v2.1 (with eatkinola's latest plugin dll fix).

Thanks for the report, Charco. Does this seem to be reproducible when exiting a game? Is it still occurring for you on startup?

It hasn't happened on startup since the latest plugin update. I'll test starting up emulators and exiting back to Big Box to see if I can reproduce theat issue now.

Edit: Tested it there the last 15 minutes but I was unable to reproduce the issue. Seems random.

Edited by Charco

I have had the same issue that @Charco has seen; also for the Blue Box version.

For me, it has only happened when first starting up BigBox. The Categories menu will have no video, platform menus will have no video, but the game menus will have a video. If I close out of BigBox and relaunch that fixes it. It's only happened about 3 times now (out of at least 30 times I've launched BigBox since updating to this theme). Two times with the original DLL and once with the DLL linked above.

@CriticalCid I like how the platform clear logo appears on the top left of the video in the vertical view I use and was thinking it might be nice to prioritise playlist clear logos for arcade and fall back on the arcade clear logo if none is available. For example, The Irem Classics logo to appear for games in that playlist.

Would this be possible? Just a thought. Loving the latest version of the theme :D

• Thanks 1

First of all, thanks for the suggestion! I always appreciate constructive feedback! :)

Hm... I don’t know about that. The main reason for the platform logos to be there is to tell to which platform the game belongs to when you are in a playlist.

You have to keep in mind that you can also have arcade games in playlists were all kind of consoles, handhelds, computers and arcade games are mixed together. So even if your suggestion would be possible (haven’t checked that yet) it will break for such mixed playlists.

Hey guys, @keltoigael has released CItyHunter 2.0. If you prefer his red cyberpunk desgin over mine I would suggest you should go and grab it!

On another note: I’ve found a bug with some videos in the new Vertical Wheel 4 Games View that apparently nobody else has noticed or cared to report it yet. I’ve already fixed it on my end and CItyHunter 2.0 has this fix also already included but as it’s a non-crucial issue and I haven’t heard any complains about it yet I will wait with the update until @eatkinola has fixed the issues with his plug-ins that you guys have reported.

I don’t want to annoy you with lots of small updates when I know that there still exist some issues that have to be fixed, so therefore I prefer to update it only once I know that everything is hopefully ironed out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

CriticalZone V2.1 released!

The three main improvements are:

- Beautiful custom backgrounds and logos for the BigBox main menu created by @keltoigael (huge thanks for this!)

- Video background related bug fixes by @eatkinola (all issues that were reported so far should be fixed now!)

- DPI fix for resolutions lower than 1080p and Windows DPI scaling higher than 100% @zetec-s-joe @ALIE

Changelog:

v2.1 - LB v7.11 (08/31/2017)
- Added: The Filters and Options Views now have custom backgrounds and logos. Huge thanks to @keltoigael for creating them!
- Fixed: All elements are now scaling correctly on any widescreen display resolutions and Windows DPI settings!
- Fixed: A rare exception error in the AO plug-in was caught. It shouldn’t crash BigBox anymore
- Fixed: Sometimes the background video(s) disappeared after exiting a game or when Windows went to the lock screen
- Fixed: Some videos didn’t show up and only played the audio in the Vertical Wheel 4 Games View
- Updated: The positions of the Box and Cart images where swapped in the Vertical Wheel 4 Games View in order to work more nicely with the video fix
- Updated: The Images sub-folder "CustomIcons" was renamed to "Theme" as it now also includes the new custom backgrounds and logos
- Updated: The color for selected menu items was changed to a lighter green tone to fit better to the new custom backgrounds (only in the regular versions of CriticalZone)

Known issues:

- The star rating won't show up sometimes when you jump too quickly from one game to the next.

- The description texts in all Platform Views and CoverFlowWithDetails Games View don’t fill the whole space of the descriptions box when you use CriticalZone with a higher DPI setting than 100% or a lower display resolution than 1902x1080. It gets progressively worse the higher the DPI settings and/or lower the resolution is.

czlogo.thumb.png.77eccbbdfe67174c70a724ed41276c04.pngczlogoblue.thumb.png.1fe7b2c90b25635587e7c26482f3fd42.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2