LaunchBox Community Forums

IMPORTANT!! Please Read Before Posting For Help

Lordmonkus

are you sure you have that core and not the mednafen psx hw core? If you only have the HW core that is why it won't work unless you either download the core or edit that line to use the core you have. If you do have that core then I'm baffled as everything appears to be configured correctly.

I don't see the mednafen core in downloadables cores when i use Retroarch. the one I have been using is PCSX rearmed. Can i download cores that dont show on the list or do I have to change default emulators? Sorry I just got into this a couple days ago and this has been a steep learning process for me.  These are the only cores I see in RETROARCH for PS1

Cores.thumb.png.5995112bdc1341741d6517f813f97b7b.png

You want the Beetle PSX core if you are wanting the one in your screenshot from the previous post showing the command line parameters.

The Beetle cores in the downloaded is the Mednafen cores, yeah it's stupid how they did that but that is what they did.

is their a chat room i cnan talk to someone in near real time. I downloaded the core and tried to load a game, still no success. Do I need to Change a command line? What file format should the ROMs be in?

• 2 years later...

Hello there. I am new to Launchbox, but it seems an amazing program so far. Being able to see screenshots of gameplay is going to make navigating retro gaming so much easier!

I already have MAME set up and running, it works great from the command line. But I'm having great difficulty getting MAME to run in Launchbox.
Here are screenshots of my Launchbox settings for emulators.

When I try to play a game, I have tried clicking on Play, and also Launch with: Mame. My computer is pretty fast (not bragging), so I can't actually see the output window. its barely perceptible but I swear there's a window appear and then disappear in an instance. So I *think* that it might be running MAME and then there's an error message or it aborts but I can't be certain.

I'm hoping I'm just doing something REALLY dumb. Also I checked by clicking Control-O (Show Game folder) that it is pointing to the correct path "D:\Mame 0.78 Perfect Set" so I don't think that is the problem either.

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

launchbox1.jpg

launchbox2.jpg

launchbox3.jpg

9 minutes ago, davidreilly said:

Hello there. I am new to Launchbox, but it seems an amazing program so far. Being able to see screenshots of gameplay is going to make navigating retro gaming so much easier!

I already have MAME set up and running, it works great from the command line. But I'm having great difficulty getting MAME to run in Launchbox.
Here are screenshots of my Launchbox settings for emulators.

When I try to play a game, I have tried clicking on Play, and also Launch with: Mame. My computer is pretty fast (not bragging), so I can't actually see the output window. its barely perceptible but I swear there's a window appear and then disappear in an instance. So I *think* that it might be running MAME and then there's an error message or it aborts but I can't be certain.

I'm hoping I'm just doing something REALLY dumb. Also I checked by clicking Control-O (Show Game folder) that it is pointing to the correct path "D:\Mame 0.78 Perfect Set" so I don't think that is the problem either.

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

launchbox1.jpg

launchbox2.jpg

launchbox3.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forums. Your images look correct so i suspect its a rom path issue in MAME. MAME itself needs to know the path to your rom folder as MAME is handled differently to other systems, we dont physically pass the rom file to the emulator, but we pass a file name, and MAME locates the file itself (this is so that all three MAME romset types can be imported the exact same way regardless of the files actually contained within). I should also ask which version of MAME you are using as that default comaand line may interfere is using a old MAME version.

lol, i should really re-read before i post. :) I see now you say your rompath is correct, as its pointing to a 0.78 romset, so the issue is going to be the default command line. Remove that and games will load, but you may not be able to use the Launchbox pause screens with MAME now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 6:45 AM, angerman said:

Hi guys. I had a blue screen on my pc ,after rebooting big box stop working , only loading opening video and nothing happen, also launchbox not working.

and thats the log file witch I have ..pls help

thank you

Debug 2021-01-31 02-21-29 PM.log 174 B · 3 downloads

Hi there, can you try reinstalling LaunchBox over top? It looks like some required LaunchBox files are corrupted. You won't lose any of your data or games, assuming that they weren't corrupted by the blue screen. Play close attention and make sure you install to the exact same location as your original install when reinstalling (and make sure it's not installing to a subfolder of it).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi there, can you try reinstalling LaunchBox over top? It looks like some required LaunchBox files are corrupted. You won't lose any of your data or games, assuming that they weren't corrupted by the blue screen. Play close attention and make sure you install to the exact same location as your original install when reinstalling (and make sure it's not installing to a subfolder of it).

thank you, unfortunetly that did non fix the problem big box only video and launchbox start loading but after 1/3 of green line stops...and that is 3 log files witch Iv got today ...

Debug 2021-02-01 07-39-29 PM.log Debug 2021-02-01 07-40-26 PM.log Debug 2021-02-01 07-40-38 PM.log

1 hour ago, angerman said:

thank you, unfortunetly that did non fix the problem big box only video and launchbox start loading but after 1/3 of green line stops...and that is 3 log files witch Iv got today ...

Debug 2021-02-01 07-39-29 PM.log 2.32 kB · 1 download Debug 2021-02-01 07-40-26 PM.log 87 B · 1 download Debug 2021-02-01 07-40-38 PM.log 174 B · 0 downloads

solved ..thanks God ......I forgot about backups...I used one before the crash and everything working perfect ...

thanks for replay !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This happened after previous update, but is still happening after last update. My game view changed from list to a grid and I don't know why or how to change it. I am running coverbox. 

When I highlight a game the video plays in the little box but it used to be full screen and the game list used to just be a text list of the titles. This sucks. Once I select a game it does pull up the game menu like before. Anyone have any insights. I'm running Windows 10 on a 9 year old Optiplex.

image.thumb.png.a8b76cac459ad716beeee290d2739b87.pngimage.thumb.png.a3b23c24f4beb2e7a425d7022b9dc0f4.png

image.png

Edited by coreyhustle

Scroll up two options to where it says CoverBox and clear your theme settings. Looks like you changed view at some point while that theme was loaded and Big Box remembered it. Hitting that clear settings button should remove that and bring it back to normal.

On 4/26/2021 at 5:46 AM, C-Beats said:

Scroll up two options to where it says CoverBox and clear your theme settings. Looks like you changed view at some point while that theme was loaded and Big Box remembered it. Hitting that clear settings button should remove that and bring it back to normal.

I did this and it didn't change the view after I select the platform. Its still a grid. I tried changing themes and it still stays the same. No change at all on the game list view. Everything else changes but the games view stays the same. A giant grid. Any other ideas?

9 hours ago, coreyhustle said:

I did this and it didn't change the view after I select the platform. Its still a grid. I tried changing themes and it still stays the same. No change at all on the game list view. Everything else changes but the games view stays the same. A giant grid. Any other ideas?

In the regular options (not theme specific) there is a place there to select the Theme/View. Can try setting that to the view you want, then go theme specific and reset.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...